|Release date||12 April 2010 (Update)|
|Alchemy||Cannot be alchemised|
|Store price|| 40,000 Dungeoneering tokens|
|Examine||A small bow, only effective at short distance.|
The Gravite shortbow is a 2h Ranged weapon released along with the Dungeoneering skill. It requires 55 Ranged and 45 Dungeoneering to wield. It can be purchased from the rewards trader for 40,000 Dungeoneering tokens, which would realistically require a Dungeoneering level of 64 to obtain. As with all gravite weapons, it lasts about 10 hours in combat before it needs to be recharged.
If one chooses to repair the shortbow with coins only it would cost around 50 coins per shot, or 5 coins and 0.325 Dungeoneering tokens if players choose otherwise. This does not take into account the arrows that will be used up in combat.
The gravite shortbow boasts a higher firing speed and and much higher damage output than the magic shieldbow (sighted), however this is balanced by the loss of a significant armour rating and life point bonus. The two bows are equally as accurate; they are, in fact, the most accurate free-to-play ranged weapons.
A player wielding a gravite shortbow
|[view] • [talk]|
Repair costs Edit
When first bought, the weapon is 20% charged. Repair costs come in 1% increments; you can repair them whenever there's at least 1% charge missing.
- 100% charged (Fully charged) – no cost.
- 99% charged – 10,000 coins or 1,000 coins and 65 tokens.
- 90% charged – 100,000 coins or 10,000 coins and 650 tokens.
- 0% charged (No charge) – 1,000,000 coins or 100,000 coins and 6,500 tokens.
|Costs of repairing and using a gravite shortbow (not including costs of arrows)|
|1,000,000 coins over 10 hours|
100,000 coins per hour
|50 coins per shot|
|100,000 coins + 6,500 tokens over 10 hours|
10,000 coins + 650 tokens per hour
|5 coins + 0.325 tokens per shot|
- The bow's power was significantly increased with the Evolution of Combat, becoming the most powerful free-to-play ranged weapon.
- As of 21 May 2012, the gravite shortbow has been seen to have a visual bug. When you are sitting in the rest position after adding a log to a fire you can see that the bow has a broken form.
- The gravite shortbow used to cost 90,000 Dungeoneering Tokens before the 21 April 2010 update.
- The model of the gravite shortbow closely resembles the spinebeam shortbow.
- While the actual Dungeoneering level required to buy this item is 45, the experience required to obtain the 40,000 tokens would bring the player to a bare minimum of 63.