|Release date||12 April 2010 (Update)|
|High Alch||8,160 coins|
|Low Alch||5,440 coins|
|Store price|| 40,000 Dungeoneering tokens|
|Examine||A razor-sharp longsword.|
The Gravite longsword is a melee weapon released with the Dungeoneering skill update, on 12 April 2010. This is the 4th strongest Longsword in the game outside of Dungeoneering after the Chaotic longsword, Vesta's longsword, and Dragon longsword. Like every other Gravite Weapon, the Gravite Longsword will degrade after 10 hours of use in combat.
The Gravite longsword costs 40,000 tokens, requires 45 Dungeoneering and 45 attack, and is considered to be one of the strongest F2P one-handed weapons. While it is one tick slower than the rune scimitar it has a significantly higher slash bonus, thus making it more versatile.
The Gravite Longsword can be obtained by Free-to-play players and comes with a +54.5 strength bonus. It is possible using a Gravite longsword, Rune berserker shield 100, Amulet of strength, and charged Rune gauntlets to get a strength bonus of +70.5.
A player wielding a gravite longsword
|[view] • [talk]|
When first bought, the weapon is 20% charged. Repair costs come in 1% increments; you can repair them whenever there's at least 1% charge missing.
- 100% charged (Fully charged) – no cost.
- 99% charged – 10,000 coins or 1,000 coins and 65 tokens.
- 90% charged – 100,000 coins or 10,000 coins and 650 tokens.
- 0% charged (No charge) – 1,000,000 coins or 100,000 coins and 6500 tokens.
In F2P, the maximum hit of this weapon is 294 with a Strength Potion, Ultimate Strength, 99 Strength and a weapon strength bonus of +70.5 (Gravite Longsword, Amulet of strength, Rune Berserker Shield (charged) and Rune gauntlets), while fighting in an aggressive stance.
- The Gravite Longsword used to cost 90,000 Dungeoneering Tokens before the 21 April 2010 update.
- There was an error in the Knowledge Base showing better stats for this weapon than the ingame weapon had. This is confirmed to be an error in the KB and NOT an ingame error (QFC: 15-16-26-60934716, page 3, post by Mod Nexus). This has since been corrected.
- A player with maxed Strength and Attack has been proven to do more damage per minute in a player versus player situation with a Gravite 2h sword than they would do with a rune scimitar. The Gravite Longsword is also significantly better than both the rune scimitar and gravite rapier, due to its comparable speed and high accuracy bonuses.