|Release date||12 April 2010 (Update)|
|High Alch||8,160 coins|
|Low Alch||5,440 coins|
|Store price|| 40,000 Dungeoneering tokens|
|Examine||A razor-sharp rapier.|
The gravite rapier is a main-hand melee weapon released along with the Dungeoneering skill. It requires 55 Attack and 45 Dungeoneering to wield. It can be purchased from the rewards trader for 40,000 Dungeoneering tokens, which would realistically require a Dungeoneering level of 64 to obtain. As with all gravite weapons, it lasts about 10 hours in combat before it needs to be recharged.
A player wielding a gravite rapier
|[view] • [talk]|
Repair costs Edit
When first bought, the weapon is 20% charged. Repair costs come in 1% increments; you can repair them whenever there's at least 1% charge missing.
- 100% charged (Fully charged) – no cost.
- 99% charged – 10,000 coins or 1,000 coins and 65 tokens.
- 90% charged – 100,000 coins or 10,000 coins and 650 tokens.
- 20% charged (After buying) – 800,000 coins or 80,000 coins and 5,200 tokens
- 0% charged (No charge) – 1,000,000 coins or 100,000 coins and 6,500 tokens.
The Gravite rapier is special compared to its other gravite counterparts. While it is true for the ever popular free-to-play weapon, the Gravite 2h sword, to degrade after 10 hours of combat, it isn't exactly true for the rapier. In a multicombat situation, the rapier may degrade faster, as dungeoneering weapons degrade for every hit dealt and received (by receiving more hits, the weapon degrades faster) [ ]. However, in a 1v1 situation, which the rapier is commonly used for, the rapier is able to last slightly over 15 hours of continual combat, degrading 1% every ~10 minutes. Therefore, the cost for the maintenance of the rapier is greatly reduced.
- The Gravite rapier used to cost 90,000 Dungeoneering tokens before the 21 April 2010 update.
- This weapon was a very popular weapon before EoC, because of its stab bonuses.
- It is the only rapier availabe to F2P, apart from those in Dungeoneering.
- While the actual Dungeoneering level required to buy this item is 45, the experience required to obtain the 40,000 tokens would bring the player to a bare minimum of 63.