|Release date||12 April 2010 (Update)|
|High Alch||16,320 coins|
|Low Alch||10,880 coins|
|Store price|| 40,000 Dungeoneering tokens|
|Examine||A two-handed sword.|
The Gravite 2h sword is a melee weapon bought as a reward from the Rewards trader. Like all Gravite weapons, it requires 45 Attack to wield (with 45 Dungeoneering). It can also serve as a knock-out weapon for many minigames.
This item cannot be created by Smithing. It can only be bought as a Dungeoneering reward, costing 40,000 tokens. Realistically, one would need to achieve at least level 64 Dungeoneering before one could accumulate enough tokens to purchase the sword. Like all other gravite weapons, the Gravite 2h sword will degrade after 10 hours of continuous combat. It will not degrade while wielding - it will only degrade during combat.
Due to the high Crush and Strength bonus of the Gravite 2h sword, it has been continuously proven to do higher damage per minute than a Rune scimitar on opponents with high defensive bonus. However, for most Free-to-play PvP situations players take off their armor to fight each other, making the rune scimitar's the better weapon in terms of damage-per-second (DPS). But the Gravite 2h sword is still able to deal multiple knock-out worthy blows accurately and consistently, even without the use of prayer. This is currently the strongest and most accurate weapon in F2P, therefore making it very popular to those who can obtain it. Note that the Gravite 2h sword has the same speed as battleaxes, which is faster than other 2h swords by one game tick (0.6 seconds).
When using a combination of Dungeoneering tokens and coins to recharge the weapon, the 2h sword has a cost of approximately 10.0 coins and 0.65 tokens per attack. If the weapon is recharged using solely money, it has a cost of 100 coins per attack (assuming you are using the sword constantly).
A player wielding a gravite 2h sword
|[view] • [talk]|
When first bought, the weapon is 20% charged. Repair costs come in 1% increments; you can repair them whenever there's at least 1% charge missing.
- 100% charged (Fully charged) – no cost.
- 99% charged – 10,000 coins or 1,000 coins and 65 tokens
- 90% charged – 100,000 coins or 10,000 coins and 650 tokens.
- 20% charged - 800,000 coins or 80,000 coins and 5200 tokens.
- 0% charged (No charge) –1,000,000 coins or 100,000 coins and 6,500 tokens.
In F2P, the maximum hit of this weapon is 362 with a Strength potion, Ultimate Strength prayer, 99 Strength and a weapon strength bonus of +102 (Gravite 2h Sword, Amulet of strength and Rune gauntlets).
- The Gravite 2h sword has the highest strength bonus of any weapon in F2P, followed by the Corrupt dragon battleaxe. Maximum equipment bonuses bring these weapons to +102 and +101, respectively. Due to slight errors in the formulas used by maximum hit calculators, these weapons are falsely believed to hit higher (367 respectively) than they do.
- It was once possible to stack a Strength potion with the stat boosting effects of a Kebab, therefore boosting a player to 113/99 strength. This no longer works, and has contributed to the popular misconception that the weapon can hit higher than it actually does.
- Contrary to popular speculation, the Amulet of zealots does not increase the maximum hits of melee weapons in F2P because it replaces the Amulet of strength.
The Gravite 2h sword is often considered to be the most destructive PvP weapon in F2P, due to its high crush attack bonus and ideal strength bonus. Its almost unrivalled strength and crush bonuses allow it to deal heavy damage consistently through rune plate armour.
- It is recommended to use a Gravite 2h sword, if you own one, as your primary weapon in a safe PVP situation. This is due to the fact that its heavy damage potential and accuracy allows you deal consistent damage to your opponents without having to worry about your opponent eating.
- It is recommended to use a Gravite 2h sword as a secondary weapon in a dangerous PVP situation. This is due to the fact that many people will eat between 300 and 400 LP if you use a Gravite 2h sword throughout the entire fight.
- Due to it's high accuracy and knock-out potential, a Gravite 2h sword user can easily dominate the first few minutes of fight, keeping any opponents on the defensive.
- The Corrupt dragon chainbody is the only piece of free-to-play armour that has a crush defence bonus higher than the Gravite 2h sword's crush attack. Thus, it is the most effective means of defence against the Gravite 2h sword for F2P. However, the Corrupt dragon chainbody is degradable and expensive.
- The rune scimitar has a theoretical damage per minute higher than that of the Gravite 2h sword. However, this calculation only takes into the account the weapons' maximum hits and weapon speed. In reality, the rune scimitar's low attack bonuses often prevent it from out-performing the Gravite 2h, especially when both players are using rune armour or better.
- The Gravite 2h sword used to cost 90,000 Dungeoneering Tokens before the 21 April 2010 update.
- Using the Gravite 2h sword in combat costs approximately 28 gp per second if you pay with cash only or 2.8 gp and about 0.182 dungeoneering tokens per second if you pay with both.
- If you kill a player in the Wilderness who is risking a Gravite 2h sword, you will get 24,000 coins instead of the sword since the sword is untradeable.
- The Gravite 2h sword is a stronger version of the Fractite 2h sword, except that it has a negative slash bonus, compared to the Fractite 2h sword's bonus of 95. It also looks exactly the same as the Fractite 2h sword. However, its stats more closely mimic the stats of the Fractite maul, with a -4 stab and slash attack.
- Strangely, though its main attack style is slash, it has negative slash attack bonus, thus rendering training Attack or Defense with it very ineffective. The reason for this is unknown.
- It is rumored that the Gravite 2h was originally designed as a Maul (shown possible it's stats, akin to a maul over a 2h) but was changed to a 2handed sword at the last second to avoid a new weapon class being introduced into F2P.
|Preceded by||Title||Succeeded by|
|Corrupt dragon battleaxe||Strongest weapon in free-to-play RuneScape||Incumbent|