|Location on World Map|
|Wilderness Volcano||←||Graveyard of Shadows||→||Boneyard|
|Chaos Temple (Wilderness)|
Once known as Carrallangar, the Graveyard of Shadows is located in the Wilderness; levels 19 to 23. Not to be confused with the Forgotten Cemetery, the graveyard is home to a large collection of dead trees. The monsters that inhabit the area are various low level zombies.
The Graveyard of Shadows also contains several item respawn points. There are 5 plank (useful for Construction) and 4 tile respawns within the graveyard, as well as a crossbow, a steel dagger, iron dagger and an Iron helm spawn point. This graveyard is one of only three plank spawn points within the free-to-play world, and, therefore, can play an important role in the Dragon Slayer quest. It is also one of only two known spawn point of tiles, which currently have no in-game use.
As mentioned above, the Graveyard of Shadows contains numerous low level zombies and several barriers that can be used for safespotting magic or ranged. This location is not recommended, however, due to the danger posed by wandering Pkers and other monsters.
To the north of the Graveyard of Shadows lie the ruins of one of the last remaining cities within the wilderness. Players should be wary, however, as they are overrun with Deadly Red Spiders. The Wilderness Volcano lies to the west of the graveyard.
- A mini Zaros symbol can be found somewhere on the ground.
- The song in this location "Dead Can Dance" could be a reference to the former Australian band "Dead Can Dance".
- A Grim Reaper statue appeared at the south-western end of the graveyard approximately a month before the 2008 Hallowe'en event was released.
- A second Grim Reaper statue appeared at the eastern end of the graveyard in 2009. Neither statue can be examined.
- Before, the Graveyard used to be near where Clan Wars was until the addition of Bounty Hunter and Clan Wars, it was pushed west of the little slime lake and a bit more east for room for the volcano.
- When the Construction skill came out, this place became very crowded and a hotspot for PKers, due to the plank spawns.
- The graveyard received a graphical update when the quest Defender of Varrock came out.
- It is unknown, but possible that the zombies could well be all that remains of the Zarosian soldiers that inhabited Carrallangar. This could explain why the graveyard is there, as the soldiers could have been buried after the fortress was destroyed.
- It is possible to hear different sounds at the graveyard. One of the sounds is similar to Sauron's "I see you".