Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Gravedigger was a random event that players might have triggered when engaged in any type of activity. When the event occurred, a gravedigger named Leo would immediately teleport the player to an old graveyard that contained five open graves, each containing a coffin. Leo would then speak, explaining what he wanted the player to do for him. This included picking up all the coffins, peeking inside to determine what bones are in each coffin and placing them in the right grave according to the spinning headstone.
If the player did not have enough empty space in his inventory, they could use Leo's Mausoleum as a deposit box. To operate the Mausoleum, players clicked on items, and they would be deposited in the player's bank. The player should not deposit any items that he might need after being teleported back to RuneScape. Also if you don't feel like completing this event, you can talk to him and he will ask you if you want to give up.
First players had to remove the five coffins from their graves. Inspecting the coffins, players then identified what relates the items. Reading the gravestone showed an item that matched items from one of the coffins. Place coffins in graves that match completed the random event.
The images below showed coffin and grave matches. Gravestones and items inside the coffins were originally grey and white but were later coloured to make it harder for macros to complete the event.
After placing the coffins into their corresponding graves, players spoke again with Leo. He would take a look at the graves to ensure that they were correct. If they were not, he would tell the player to take a look at them again. If they were correct Leo would thank the player and teleport him back to the place from which he were teleported.
After being teleported back to RuneScape, the player would receive a reward for correctly completing Leo's task. The rewards included the five pieces of the zombie outfit and two emotes, one of which may have been chosen from the Random event gift. If a costume is chosen, players had to visit Thessalia's clothes shop in Varrock to claim it.
A list of the rewards is given in the following table:
|Zombie walk emote|
|Zombie dance emote|
- Both emotes unlocked from this random event are in reference to Michael Jackson's 1983 classic music video Thriller, where Michael Jackson and others are zombies that break into dance.
- Prior to 25 February 2009, it was once possible to receive two pieces of the zombie outfit. However, after it became possible to choose your reward, it is now only possible to receive one item of zombie clothing.
- Previously, there were different motions for the emotes. The Zombie Walk was a deep motion bending backwards and forwards from the lower spine area, while legs remained nearly motionless. The Zombie Dance used to be a strange and comic dance where the player would drop their arms and wave them back and forth while shaking their body, ending in an arguably funny kick.
- As of 25 February 2009, players may receive this event while doing anything, not just burying bones.
- Players who use an axe on one of the dead trees will receive the message: "You don't need any wood. What are you planning on doing, making them a fresh coffin?".
- The action of digging up or burying a coffin in the random event resembles that of burying bones in Runescape.
- If the player attempts to bury an item from his/her inventory in a grave, he/she receives the message: "Burying that here would be very silly."
- The Gravedigger random event area can be seen by going to Blast Furnace and looking through the north-east wall using an Orb of Oculus. To the east of the Gravedigger area, you can see the area of the discontinued random event, Candlelight.
- It is not possible for a player to wield a spade, but Leo wields one as if it were a two-handed sword. It also appears slightly bigger than a players' when used to dig.
- Very rarely, you can start the event with all the graves already in the right spot, but Leo will say all of them are in the wrong place.
- There is currently a glitch, where if you click the gravestone a few times really fast, the moving stone will be really small, there are no bonuses to this except that it moves around faster to determine which coffin is supposed to be in that grave.
- As of the 17 August 2011 update, the Gravedigger area was graphically updated in the same manner as Morytania.
|Bee keeper • Cap'n Arnav's Chest • Certer • Drill Demon • Evil Bob • Evil Twin • Freaky Forester • Kiss the frog • Gravedigger • Lost and Found • Maze • Mime • Pillory • Pinball • Prison Pete • Quiz Master • Sandwich lady • Surprise Exam • Big fish • Candlelight • Dr. Ford • Drunken Dwarf • Ent • Evil Chicken • Exploding rock • Jekyll and Hyde • Lost Pirate • Poison Gas • Rick Turpentine • River troll • Rock Golem • Security Guard • Shade • Strange plant • Swarm • Tangle Vine • Tree spirit • Watchman • Whirlpool • Zombie|