|Release||20 May 2013 (Update)|
|High alch||60 coins|
|Low alch||40 coins|
|Exchange||21,597 coins (info)|
|Examine||A grapevine seed - plant in a hops patch.|
A grapevine seed is a level 95 Farming seed from which god grapes can be grown on a wooden frame in a hops patch. It can be protected by paying a farmer 15 krandorian hops. The patch will need a frame to grow the vines which can be done with 5 planks. The seeds may be obtained by pickpocketing gnomes, elves, and Dwarf Traders, by hunting jadinkos, or by killing tormented demons and Vorago.
Steps for farmingEdit
- Treat patch with compost or supercompost (cannot be done after the frame is added, unless the Fertile Soil spell is used).
- Create the frame (use five planks on the hops patch).
- Plant 4 grapevine seeds.
- Optionally check the patch regularly to prevent deaths or pay the nearby farmers 15 krandorian hops.
- Harvest the yield, which will be a mix of Grapes of Saradomin, Grapes of Guthix and Grapes of Zamorak.
Yield usually follows the same pattern each time: 3 Zamorak, 1 Guthix, 1 Saradomin, 1 Zamorak, 1 Guthix, 1 Saradomin, 2 random. The random grapes appear to have an equal chance of being any of the types. Thus, the expected grapes per patch is slightly more than 4⅔ Grapes of Zamorak, 2⅔ Grapes of Guthix and 2⅔ Grapes of Saradomin, for 10 total, sometimes 11. In some cases, it is possible to obtain 11 total harvest actions per patch. The extra harvest action can be found in any location in the harvest order. The greenfingers aura works on hops, so if you have it activated, it is possible to get more than 10 Grapes per patch - the extra grapes given are the same type as the ones that triggered the greenfingers effect. The probability for disease at any individual growth stage is about 2% and is about 6% for all growth stages.
Assuming that the patch is treated with super compost, the frame is built with normal planks, and the plant successfully grows, the minimum profit is 58,915 (excluding the random grapes). The expected profit (including the random grapes) is 101,027.67.
The Modified farmer's hat's seed-saving passive will only save one of the four seeds when it activates.
|Payment||15 krandorian hops|
|Time||80 minutes (4x20 minutes)|
|Seeds per||4 seeds|
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
|Gnome (monster)||42; 43; 44||1||Rare|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||0.0%|
- Each hops patch has a unique pattern for the grapevine frame. None of them use the simple diamond lattice.