|Release date||15 January 2008 (Update)|
|Special moves||Crushing claw|
|Examine text||Puts the 'crust' in 'crustacean'.|
Granite lobster is a level 74 Summoning familiar. It is summoned using a granite lobster pouch. The granite lobster can be used for the following things:
- Combat: It has a combat level of 88 and provides Defence experience when it deals damage. In addition, its scroll, Crushing Claw, may inflict up to 964 life points' damage and temporarily decrease an opponent's Defence by five levels.
- Fishing: It increases the player's Fishing level by 4. However, this boost is invisible. It does not grant abilities above the player's level (e.g., the ability to catch new kinds of fish). It does, however, increase the success rate of catching fish. Because of its large invisible boost, the granite lobster is fairly popular among players training fishing.
- Forager: While the player is fishing, this familiar can produce raw swordfish and raw sharks, even if the player does not have the necessary level to catch these fish. It also gives the player 10% of the experience for catching the foraged items. It can hold up to 30 of its foraged items in its own inventory. It appears to collect the highest quantity of fish if the player is fishing sharks. One granite lobster often generates 3-13 swordfish and 3-13 sharks, giving 10 xp for each swordfish and 11 xp for each shark foraged.
Granite lobster pouchEdit
|166 ( 4,150)|| 14.2|
|Granite (any size)|
|Create XP||Use XP||Low alch||Hi alch||GE price|
|GE Database||Cost to make||Bogrog shard return||Shard return level|
|Look up price||4,615|
|I can summon a granite lobster familiar with this.|
A granite lobster pouch is created by using Summoning pouch on a Summoning obelisk with 166 spirit shards, a crimson charm and granite (any size) in the player's inventory. Using the pouch to summon a granite lobster costs 8 Summoning points. Infusing granite lobster pouches is one of the most cost effective ways to 99 Summoning.
Crushing claw scrollEdit
|Create XP||Use XP||Special move points|
|Low Alch||High Alch||GE Price|
|182 coins||274 coins||221 coins (info)|
|GE Database||Bogrog shard return||Shard return level|
|Look up price||9 (225)||78|
|A scroll for a granite lobster familiar.|
Crushing claw is the special of the granite lobster, activated by a Crushing claw scroll. It may inflict up to 140 life points of magic damage and temporarily decrease an opponent's Defence by five levels.
|This article on a Summoning familiar has an associated dialogue page.|
Click here for a transcript of possible conversations with this familiar.
- One of the conversations with the granite lobster is a reference to the movie Conan the Barbarian.
- Possibly a reference to the B-52's hit, Rock Lobster.
- As of 3 March 2010, any kind of granite can be used to create a granite lobster pouch. Before this update, only the 500g unit could be used.
- At level 78 or above, a player can make over 400 of these pouches in one trip. This can be done by going to Bogrog with 5 kg granite chunks. The player then chisels the granite into pieces, makes pouches, and swap them for shards. It's a good idea to have a Beast of Burden familiar, however, so you can store the larger pieces of granite. Otherwise, they could end up being converted into pouches.
- Excess amount of pouches and scrolls obtained through training can easily be redeemed for money. With 78 summoning, players trade in the pouches and scrolls to Bogrog and sell the shards to the pet store owner in Yanille. Players may also sell the pouches and scrolls in the Grand Exchange as they seem to be in high demand.