Granite equipment is a set of equipment made from granite. Unlike most armours, which have boots and gloves or gauntlets, there are only four pieces of granite armour. They are members only items. The shield is dropped by various trolls; the granite legs are dropped by Skeletal Wyverns; the body is available from the Barbarian assault minigame, and one may kill terror dogs to find a granite helmet. Two weapons are associated with the set, the granite maul and the granite mace. The granite maul is dropped by gargoyles while the granite mace is dropped by statues in the Bandos Throne Room (completion of the quest "The Chosen Commander" is required to kill these statues but the mace does not have any quest requirements to wield).
Any piece of granite equipment may be bought at the Grand Exchange or from another player. As most pieces of the granite set are only dropped by monsters which require medium-high Slayer levels to kill and are fairly rare drops, many players choose to simply buy the set rather than attempting to obtain the items as drops. To wear pieces of granite armour, 55 Defence and 55 Strength are required; 55 Attack and 55 Strength are needed to wield the granite weapons. Granite armour and weapons are also notable for being much heavier than other pieces of equipment (Granite platelegs have a mass of 15 kg, compared to rune platelegs which have a mass of 9 kg).
Dondakan the Dwarf owns granite boots, but refuses to sell them for any price.
|Granite mace ||Crush||528||983||-||-||-||0||0||4||-||-||-||24,470|
|Granite maul ||Crush||1229||983||-||-||-||0||0||0||-||-||-||28,399|
- ^ The Granite mace is dropped by the statues in Bandos' throne room after completion of The Chosen Commander or can be bought at the Grand Exchange.
- ^ The Granite maul is dropped by gargoyles or alternatively can be bought through the Grand Exchange.
- The colour of granite rocks in the quarry are of a sandy desert colour, while the granite armour has a greyish tone.
- Granite armour originally required level 50 Defence to equip.
- Prior to the Evolution of Combat update, granite equipment had a notably high Ranged defence bonus comparable to that of dragon equipment.