|Release date||7 August 2006 (Update)|
|High Alch||150 coins|
|Low Alch||100 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Exchange price||13,701 coins (info)|
|Examine||A seed pod of the Grand Tree.|
The Grand seed pod is obtained from the Gnome Restaurant activity. Seed pods are stackable. They can take you to the Grand Tree, and have two right-click options: launch and squash. Launching the seed pod will take you to the Grand Tree, by means of Captain Lamdoo and a glider, but can only be used outdoors. This option will also give the player 100 Farming experience. Squashing the seed will take you to the Grand Tree faster than Launching it, but you will not get the 100 Farming experience, and you will temporarily lose 5 Farming levels. Neither method can be used past level 30 Wilderness.
- If you try using Launch one next to a gnome pilot, a message will pop up saying "There is a gnome pilot within sight. Are you sure you want to use your seed pod?", then you get the options of "Ah no thanks, I'll take a normal gnome glider" or "Yes I want to use the seed pod anyways". If you choose yes, you will use the Seed Pod.
- If you try using launch indoors, a message will pop up saying "I'm afraid you can't use your Seed Pod indoors, how would the pilot find you?" (Strangely you can use it indoors in the Canifis general store.)
- If you try using squash at the Grand Tree, a message will pop up saying "You're in the Grand Tree, why would you want to teleport there?"
- If you are next to an obstacle when the pilot is summoned, he will get stuck and you will have to move closer to him to be teleported.
- When you Launch a seed pod, a message shows up in the chat box saying "The seed pod is released high into the air and the pod bursts in a pyrotechnic like display. Please wait, while a gnome pilot finds you!"
- If you try to Launch or Squash one by the gate of the Al Kharid Duel Arena, you will get a message saying "Code - KETRAB You can't get a gnome pilot here..."
- Even though Zanaris is extra dimensional, you can Launch a seed pod and a pilot will fly you away.
- If you attempt to Launch the seed pod in your player-owned house, it says the seed pod cannot be used underground.
- If you attempt to Launch the seed pod in the Duel Arena challenge area or in the viewing area, you will get a message saying "Something prevents the seed pod from working right now".
- If you attempt to launch/squash the pod while in a Clan Citadel, it will say that something prevents the seed pod from working. This is because you can not teleport with any method while inside a Citadel.
- Lurers may use this item to steal your stuff. They do this by taking you to an area far away from any teleport and tell you to drop an item and using the "squash" option. They will then wait for the item to appear and take it for themselves.