"Gongdung" redirects here. For the bird, see Gongdung Peligorn.
|Release date||10 October 2016 (Update)|
|No. of banks||None|
|No. of altars||None|
|No. of obelisks||None|
- Players can travel to Goshima by talking to Quartermaster Gully located in Port Sarim, or Menaphos, after the player has completed the quest Impressing the Locals.
- A dead moai, that releases negative energy springs, which when harvested at 90 Divination, gives negative energy and 33.5 experience per harvest. If you have positive energy (harvestable at 90 Divination) in your inventory, the negative and positive energy will combine and create ancestral energy.
- 4 mushroom clusters
- Source of Wushroom, Immorel, Corpsebloom, Snufftruffle and Buttercap.
- Weather (rain)
- Malignant entity, which absorbs the player's prayer points, run energy, and eventually life points. Simply move away from it to avoid this. Players can rid the island of the entity through completion of the miniquest Final Destination.
Player-owned ports voyagesEdit
In player-owned ports the city of Gongdung is found here. The inhabitants of Goshima are distrustful of non-humans such as sirens, cyclopes and sea singers.
- In A Daring Raid, the player may raid the camp of a group of Goshima smugglers.
- In A New Home, the player may help a group of Druids from Taverley establish a small colony on Goshima; the local residents of Gongdung are suspicious of them.
- In Troubled Waters, the player may need to navigate through strong currents to find a quicker route to Goshima.
- In X Marks the Spot, the player's captain may find rich resources on the submerged bay near Goshima.
- According to a quick poll, Goshima is the least popular island, earning just 23% of the vote.
- The flavour text for the Goshima version of X Marks the Spot mentions a submerged bay. Treasure could be submerged in a bay, but a bay itself, being a body of water forming an indentation in a shoreline, can't be submerged.
- The destroyed druid colony is the same colony player helps druids to establish in Player-owned Ports voyage, A New Home.
- Gongdung may be a reference to Guangdong, the richest province in China that is also the country's largest importer and exporter of goods.
- When translated in Japanese (五島 goshima), Goshima means 'five island'.
- The symbol of the Void Knights may be seen in Gongdung.
- One of the corpses lying on the ground has the examine text "He's dead, Jim". This is a reference to Star Trek.
- Dispelling a Jiangshi is supposed to cure any beings afflicted by its curse. While this worked on Lookout Ekahi, it does not work on the Undead Pekins found on Goshima, who remain undead even after Final Destination is completed. This could be an oversight, or perhaps their affliction is from a different source.