|Release date||1 November 2011 (Update)|
|Alchemy||Cannot be alchemised|
|Destroy||You'd have to get another from the Dominion Tower face.|
|On death||Is converted to 9500 coins when under gravestone.|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Examine||Eat my mighty fists!|
Goliath gloves are a set of degradable gloves that can be obtained in the Dominion Tower. They can reflect back some damage if you get hit by ranged attacks. They require 80 Attack to wield. Since players must be at least combat level 160 and have completed at least 20 quests involving Dominion Tower boss monsters, these are effectively additional requirements for the gloves.
Players can choose between four different colours of Goliath gloves: black, white, yellow, and red. Additionally, the gloves have an animation that resembles orange flames coming from them. Goliath gloves degrade after four hours of melee combat and must be reobtained from the Dominion Tower afterward.
After the release of the Evolution of Combat, Goliath gloves no longer function as a crush weapon - they're now gloves with a passive ability, which reflects some of the ranged damage the wearer takes.
A player wearing goliath gloves
|[view] • [talk]|
Total level: 1458
To unlock the option to receive Goliath gloves as a reward item from the Strange face, players must meet a number of requirements:
- Defeat a total of 500 bosses in either Climber or Endurance matches. The victories do not have to be consecutive.
- Defeat the following bosses in the Tower at least once:
|Ayuni, Leeuni, and Eruni||Do No Evil|
|Two Dagannoth Sentinels||Blood Runs Deep|
|The Untouchable||Dream Mentor|
|Balance Elemental||While Guthix Sleeps|
|Ice Demon||Temple at Senntisten|
*Defeating both Nomads in the "No More Nomad... No More!" special fight will count toward this requirement, although defeating only one will not.
The skill levels required to complete the above quests are detailed in the box to the right. These effectively function as additional requirements to obtain and use Goliath gloves.
While a pair of Goliath gloves cannot be repaired, it is possible to obtain multiple pairs from the strange face by killing another 5 bosses in either Climber or Endurance matches; this will earn an invisible "reward credit" that can be exchanged for a pair of Goliath gloves, Spellcaster gloves, Swift gloves, or 100 dreadnips. The strange face will store up to 15 such "credits", after which they must be redeemed in order to earn more. A player may only have 3 pairs of Goliath gloves at any one time.
- Goliath gloves will never stack in the bank, even if multiple pairs are the same colour and in the same state of degradation.
- Prior to 3 November 2011, Goliath gloves were unobtainable due to a bug that prevented Nomad from appearing in Climber or Endurance modes. The same patch that fixed this bug also allowed players to complete the "No More Nomad... No More!" special battle and have it count as the Nomad requirement for unlocking the gloves.
- Prior to the full release of the Evolution of Combat, Goliath gloves had a defence requirement of 80. Due to the current combat level formula and Dominion Tower requirements however, they can now be obtained with a defence level as low as 65.