The Golden mining suit is a members reward from the Liquid Gold Nymph, located in the Lava Flow Mine. You must have completed the quest King of the Dwarves to mine in the lava flow mine. It provides a small boost to experience received when mining - a total of 6% when the full set is equipped.
If the player has Varrock armour, the effects of it will stack with the bonus of the mining suit as long as the player has all of the suit equipped. As such, the player will gain 6% more experience as well as a chance to receive an extra ore. Either the mining top or Varrock armour can be worn to get these benefits, as long as the player possesses both. However, if replacing the golden top with the Varrock armour, you will not gain the set bonus and thus gain 5% more experience instead of 6%.
The suit can be stored in the armour case of the player owned house.
The full set consists of the Golden mining helmet, Golden mining top, Golden mining trousers, Golden mining gloves and Golden mining boots. Wearing this set gives a 6% boost to any Mining experience the player gains. The average time between getting parts is approximately 4 hours (some players report waiting 24+ hours and some have gotten within minutes) and the parts are received in the order shown below, from top to bottom. After the Golden mining top is received, the Liquid Gold Nymph will either offer the player some Mining experience or gild a pickaxe in the player's inventory. Use the pickaxe that you wish to gild on the Nymph to gild your pickaxe.
|Golden mining boots||1%|
|Golden mining gloves||1%|
|Golden mining helmet||1%|
|Golden mining trousers||1%|
|Golden mining top||1%|
|Note that this table shows the parts in their given order.|
- The concept art of the golden mining suit appears to have spurs, while the suit in the game does not.
- The bonus from the golden mining suit applies whilst skilling in the clan citadel.
- Upon death in the Wilderness, the golden mining suit will always be lost.
- The whole mining suit weighs 48 kg (around 106 pounds), which is reasonable as gold has a high density in real life.
- The suit received, as with all the other experience-boosting sets existing at that point, an increase to the boost it provided, from 2.5% to 5%. This update occurred on 26 September 2012, but went official on 28 September alongside the 4 new experience-boosting sets. As the suit consists of five parts, the boost has since been increased to 6%.
- Multiple pieces used to be obtainable from the Liquid Gold Nymph using the drop trick. This is no longer the case, as now attempting to drop a piece of the outfit only brings up the interface to destroy the item.