|Release||20 December 2010 (Update)|
|High alch||0 coins|
|Low alch||0 coins|
|Destroy||You can get another one from a cracker by speaking to Diango in Draynor.|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|Examine||Celebrating the Golden Joystick awards for Jagex.|
The Golden hammer is a reward from using a golden cracker on another player. This item was released on 20 December 2010. It has two right click options for emotes: Brandish (2009) and Spin (2010). These are the years in which Jagex has won the Golden Joystick awards. New players prior to 31 August 2011 received the cracker in their bank and were greeted with a message explaining what the item celebrated, however an update has removed the message. New accounts may still retrieve the cracker from Diango.
The hammer can be wielded and used to train Smithing by using it on bars, Construction and Crafting (to repair the Blast Furnace), which allows the player an additional inventory slot, since a regular Hammer cannot be wielded. However, since the introduction of the tool belt in December 2011, the usefulness of the Golden hammer has gone down, since the regular hammer can be added to the toolbelt. The hammer can not be used at barbarian assault.
If a player loses their golden hammer it can be regained as a golden cracker by speaking to Diango near Draynor Village.
|Armour||0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
Interval: 3.6 seconds
|[FAQ] • [doc]|
Clicking 'More info' will lead you to the Golden Joystick Awards page on the RuneScape website.
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||98.9%|
- The head of the hammer appears to be a game controller and the handle appears to be a joystick.
- The hammer can also be used to open the Bandos door in the God Wars Dungeon.
- Despite being a hammer, you cannot use a Golden hammer to smith a Dragonfire shield. However, if you have the Golden hammer equipped, it will appear as though you are actually using it.
- You cannot use the actions of the golden hammer in the Deathcon II Citadel - Theatre, doing so will make the message appear in your chatbox 'You can only perform theatre sitting emotes in The Horsemen's theatre.' but if you sit, this will make the message appear in your chatbox 'You can't do that while sitting down.'
- The Golden hammer is a maul available to F2P players, along with the god banner (29 May 2013), and the gravite 2h.
- If you have a cosmetic overlay for mauls (ie. Executioner's Axe, Icyenic greathammer, etc.) activated in the Customization interface, you can do the emotes for the Golden Hammer but you will use the overlay image instead of the Golden hammer.
- When you have a Golden Hammer sheathed and you use it to smith, you will appear to have 2 Golden Hammers, one on your back, one that you're using.