|Release||8 May 2001 (Update)|
|High alch||180 coins|
|Low alch||120 coins|
|Exchange||255 coins (info)|
|Examine||It's a bar of gold. Used in Crafting (5).|
A gold bar is a bar of refined gold created through the Smithing skill at level 40 by using a gold ore with a furnace, or by casting Superheat item on a gold ore, granting 22.5 Smithing experience per bar. If goldsmith gauntlets are equipped, obtained after completing the Family Crest quest, the experience is boosted to 56.2 per bar. Smelting gold will not fill any type of smelting urn.
Unlike other metal bars, gold bars cannot be made into weapons and armour. Instead, the primary use of gold bars is to create jewellery with the Crafting skill. To craft gold bars into jewellery players must use a gold bar on a furnace with a proper mould in their inventory or on their tool belt. If players wish to craft jewellery with gems inset, the cut gems must be present in the player's inventory before crafting the jewellery.
|Experience (per bar)|
|Experience (per ore)|
|Tool XP||1.755 XP|
A gold ore is worth 131 coins, while a gold bar is worth 255 coins. Thus, buying a gold ore and smelting it into a gold bar, then selling it, results in a profit of 124 coins. It is common to buy gold ores and smelt it while wearing goldsmith gauntlets as a low cost method of training Smithing. Doing this results in a higher rate of experience than smelting rune bars.
With a necklace mould (F2P) or bracelet mould (P2P) on a player's tool belt, they can smelt gold bars into jewellery, selling it on the Grand Exchange to increase the profit of smelting ores; doing so will yield slower Smithing experience an hour, but provides additional Crafting experience. The table below displays the expected profit from creating gold jewellery:
Item GE value Profit (ore) Profit (bar) Gold ring 464 333 209 Gold necklace 424 293 169 Gold bracelet 359 228 104 Gold amulet 367 236 112
- A gold bracelet can be sold to Grum's Gold Exchange in Port Sarim for 165 coins each.
- A Rogue can be found in Varrock which will purchase noted and un-noted golden jewellery from players, after completing the quest Summer's End. To find him, players must enter the Spirit Realm using Jennica's ring via the portal located in the Rogues' Castle courtyard and close the prison doors there; this will open them in the "real" world, allowing the players to access him later in Varrock.
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
|Angry barbarian spirit||106||1||Common|
|Barrel (Viyeldi caves)||N/A||1||Uncommon|
|Barrel (Viyeldi caves)||N/A||1||Rare|
|Bronze key black||N/A||1–3||Uncommon|
|Bronze key brown||N/A||1–3||Uncommon|
|Bronze key crimson||N/A||1–3||Uncommon|
|Bronze key purple||N/A||1–3||Uncommon|
|Bronze key red||N/A||1–3||Uncommon|
|Customs evidence files||N/A||1||Uncommon|
|Elite Black Knight||100||1–4||Common|
|Elite Dark Warrior||98||1||Uncommon|
|Enraged barbarian spirit||106||1||Common|
|Minotaur||14; 44; 52||1||Uncommon|
|Mummy (Jaldraocht Pyramid)||77||1||Uncommon|
|Pirate impling jar||N/A||15||Common|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||56.0%|