God Statues is a Construction Distraction and Diversion released on 3 January 2013. It may be completed once a month. The aim is to aid Copernicus Glyph in building four statues around Gielinor, one in each of the following places: Lumbridge, Taverley, Canifis and Gu'Tanoth. At each site, the player is able to make a figure that represents one of four gods: Commander Zilyana for Saradomin, Juna for Guthix, K'ril Tsutsaroth for Zamorak, and General Graardor for Bandos. Doing so will yield Construction experience, in addition to experience in either Prayer or Slayer.
To take part you must satisfy at least one of the following requirements:
- Completed at least 60 Achievements
- Completed Let Them Eat Pie
- Completed or manually turned off tutorial mode
To begin, speak to Copernicus Glyph who can be found at the locations of the statues and pick a type of statue. Scaffolding must then be erected.
Copernicus will tell you the total amount of scaffolding, as well as the minimum and maximum heights of any individual scaffolding pillar. There are five scaffolding spots, and players can add or remove pieces by using the arrows on each spot. Once the maximum number of pieces are in place, click on Copernicus' portrait, and he will inspect the scaffolding positioning and tell the player if any pieces are right or wrong. When all the pieces are in the correct position, work will begin on the statue.
If the statue built in an area matches the religion of that area, the reward will be Prayer experience. However, building the "wrong" statue for the area will result in attacks by fanatics, which will give Slayer experience when defeated.
The statues range in quality from plain at level 1 Construction to masterpiece at level 90 Construction.
Four statues can be built each calendar month. On the first of the new month, the statues are automatically destroyed, allowing new ones to be built.
The crystal saw will NOT work with the statue, so it cannot be used to build the next tier of statue.
After the statues have been built and you have claimed your XP reward, players can pray at the statues to restore their prayer points.
The statues do not need to be built in the order Copernicus suggests.
|Location||Proper God statue|
|East of the northern bridge in Northeast Lumbridge||Saradomin's Zilyana|
|East of Mazchna in Canifis||Zamorak's Kril Tsutsaroth|
|South of the Yanille lodestone near Gu'Tanoth||Bandos' Graardor|
|East of the stone circle in northern Taverley||Guthix's Juna|
If the wrong god statue is built at a place where another god is worshipped, a fanatic aligned with that god will appear and will attack the player when they pray at the statue. Upon killing the fanatic, the player will receive slayer experience.
|Difficulty||level||Combat level||Weakness||Attack style|
|Hard||50||98||2450|| Thrown weapons|
|Elite||75||134||3350|| Water spells|
|Easy||Saradominist zealot||Bandosian brawler||Zamorakian fanatic||Guthixian votary|
|Medium||Saradominist initiate||Bandosian ogre||Zamorakian marauder||Guthixian spirit|
|Hard||Saradominist knight||Bandosian ork||Zamorakian werewolf||Guthixian moss giant|
|Elite||Saradominist magister||Bandosian shaman||Zamorakian warlock||Guthixian druid|
|Statue quality||level||In honour of which God & Champion|
|Saradomin & Zilyana||Zamorak & Kril Tsutsaroth||Bandos & Graardor||Guthix & Juna|
For completing the statue, players will gain Construction experience as if they had just used a Large XP lamp in that skill.
For praying at a location-appropriate statue, or slaying a fanatic at a location-inappropriate statue, players will gain Prayer or Slayer experience respectively, as if they had just used a Medium XP lamp.
- The Construction experience reward is not affected by wearing the Construction costume or Sculpting chisel or by bonus experience.
- The Prayer experience reward is not affected by bonus prayer experience.
- Pendants of skill do not affect experience rewards in this D&D.
Making at least one statue to a particular god for four months, the player will be awarded with a Sculpting chisel in the colour of the god they choose. It will give an invisible Construction boost of 1 level (this boosts stacks with the boosts of the Crystal saw, Spicy stews and tea). The chisel also offers a bonus 1% XP gain during construction training. If the chisel is destroyed, the player can retrieve it at Copernicus Glyph.
- Upon release, the experience given was counted from a different formula, that gave only about 1/4 experience. This was changed a few hours after and players who had already completed their statues were able to rebuild them being awarded with correct amount of experience.
- Also upon release, there was a glitch that allowed players to gain massive amounts of Construction experience in a short time. Some accounts were able to use this to take new accounts to 200 million Construction xp in a single day; some accounts have been banned. Some players also used the 10% bonus xp from the refer-a-friend program to gain massive experience without abusing the glitch. Jagex has fixed this to some degree as of now.
- Furthermore, when you finished building all of the God Statues and Copernicus Glyph thanks you, there was a typo when he says: "Finally! It's time to relax for a while. Couldn't have done it without you, of course. Many thanks!" This has since been fixed.
- After building the statue, and praying at it for experience, the statue can still be used to restore Prayer points.
- For players with levels at each construction requirement, this Distraction and Diversion is one of the best methods for Construction experience.
- If you build the wrong statue in Taverley and are attacked by a Moss Giant it will drop normal bones upon death instead of the expected big bones.
- Until 20 May 2013, even after "The World Wakes" quest has been completed and after Guthix has died, when building a statue of Juna, the following message comes up: "Your prayer pleases Guthix". However now it says "Your prayer honours Guthix", suggesting that it has been edited.
Troll Invasion • God Statues
Shattered Heart • Treasure Trails • Jade vine • Fish Flingers • Court Cases • Champions' Challenge • Ancient effigies • The Pit • Goblin raids • Demon Flash Mob • Wilderness Warbands • Triskelion Treasures