The God letters were a feature in RuneScape where a player could send a letter through post or e-mail to Jagex, who would pass it on to one of three major RuneScape gods: Guthix, Saradomin, or Zamorak. These 3 gods would respond to the letter, much like the Postbag from the Hedge feature. The last issue was released on 9 December 2004. This feature has been discontinued. The issues are available for viewing in the RuneScape archive.
Saradomin would answer in a polite yet somewhat egotistical manner, though his answers were generally accurate; Zamorak would respond to letters with frequent insults and would belittle players' questions; and Guthix would speak in an unbiased tone, but would occasionally hide things from the players. Guthix would also use old-fashioned dialects, and words and phrases not used in modern English.
Before the god letters were discontinued, players often addressed the gods when they wanted to ask general questions or questions about strange phenomena. After it was discontinued, players often forwarded their questions to "scholarly" characters, such as Mr. Mordaut or Reldo.
Remember: The God Letters are only considered to be canonical as long as their information does not conflict with other sources, in which case these sources take precedence.
- Issue 1 - Saradomin Speaks
- Issue 2 - The People Rejoice
- Issue 3 - Ep Three: A New Bone
- Issue 4 - The All-powerful Jellyfish
- Issue 5 - Moody monsters
- Issue 6 - All Hallow's Eve
- Issue 7 - Unisex?
- Issue 8 - Monk bashing
- Issue 9 - Zamorak retaliates!
- Issue 10 - Zamorak does one
- Issue 11 - Zamorak Loves Letters
- Issue 12 - Guthix Manifests
- Issue 13 - Guthix Maintains
- Issue 14 - The Return of Saradomin
- Issue 15 - Zamorak speaks his mind once more
- Issue 16 - Guthix Dispels Rumours
- Issue 17 - Saradomin Speaks Once More
- Issue 18 - Zamorak Rises!
- Issue 19 - Guthix Embraces Change
- Issue 20 - Saradomin Answers Questions
- Issue 21 - Saradomin Illuminates
- Issue 22 - Zamorak Deconstructs
- Issue 23 - Zamorak Considers Some Issues
- Issue 24 - Guthix Ponders
- Issue 25 - Guthix Reiterates
- Issue 26 - Saradomin Preaches
- Issue 27 - Saradomin Enlightens
Saradomin Speaks • The People Rejoice • Ep Three: A New Bone • The All-powerful Jellyfish • Moody monsters • All Hallow's Eve • Unisex? • Monk bashing • The Return of Saradomin • Saradomin Speaks Once More • Saradomin Answers Questions • Saradomin Illuminates • Saradomin Preaches • Saradomin Enlightens
Issue 1 • Issue 2 • Issue 3 • Issue 4 • Issue 5 • Issue 6 • Issue 7 • Issue 8 • Issue 9