|This article has an associated dialogue page.|
Click here for the transcript.
These are tasks given by God Emissaries. God emissary tasks can only be completed on a members' world.
Combat tasks give experience in Combat skills such as Attack, Strength, Magic, Ranging, Constitution, and Defence. Completing them all rewards the ability for the God banner to boost any combat skill by five levels for 30 minutes every day.
- Requirements: None
The first combat task is to kill 10 goblins. These can be any standard goblins, and an area with many of them such as near Port Sarim, Goblin Village or Lumbridge is advised. On killing the final one, you will receive a message fragment.
Kill White or Black knights until one drops a message. White Knights can be found in Falador in the White Knight's Castle, while Black Knights can be found in the Black Knights' Fortress north of Ice Mountain and at the end of the Taverley Dungeon. Note that if you wish to kill knights in the fortress, a disguise is required to enter unless you enter via the Skull of Remembrance.
You will be tasked with challenging the Soldiers in Yanille for 3 minutes. To start challenging them, you must stand on the flower bed in front of Bert's house and then contact the emissary - choosing "Start diversion". Within the 3 minutes, you will fight incoming soldiers in an isolated scene. If you kill a soldier a new one will teleport in. One easy way to finish it task is to bring 6-7 pieces of food and unequip your weapon (or use a rubber chicken), so that you stay in combat longer. You do not need to kill a certain number of soldiers. Note that turning auto-retaliate off without retaliating back does not complete the task.
Kill Kalphite Workers until one drops a Curved artefact. Kalphite Workers are found inside the first level of the Kalphite Hive in the Kharidian Desert. The hive requires a rope to enter for the first time, but is not required thereafter. The hive can be reached relatively quickly by using the fairy ring b•i•q, or simply by heading south-west of the Shantay Pass.
Kill jogres, demons, and Blue dragons until they drop 5 Jogre talismans, a demon horn and a perfect blue dragon scale. Note that a number of demon varieties work, and baby blue dragons count for the dragon task. It is recommended to kill baby blue dragons in Taverley Dungeon, Jogres on Karamja near the Shipyard, and Lesser demons inside Karamja volcano.
Empower the Prepared curved artefact to create an empowered curved artefact. To do this you must go to the fire altar ruins north of Al Kharid. When there, use it on the ruins and a Black demon will appear. The demon is as tough as a standard black demon and attacks with magic, so melee is unadvised. It is weak to ranged, and drops nothing. and the artefact will be empowered.
If you have a pet with you during this task, you will be "forced to abandon your fight with the demon before the ritual is complete." Also, if the Black demon appears and then immediately disappears, stand further from the altar. If this happens, you will see a message telling you to use the artefact on the altar again. Move further away first.
Skilling tasks give experience in Smithing, Cooking, Mining, Woodcutting, Fishing, Crafting, Runecrafting, Summoning, Prayer, Thieving, Hunter, and even Magic . Completing all of them will give the god banner the ability to boost any non combat skill by two levels for 30 minutes every day.
Gather 5 Metal fragments whilst Mining, Woodcutting, or Fishing on resources of skill level of 30 or higher. The following resources count:
- Mining: Coal or above (pure essence does not work)
- Woodcutting: Willow tree or above (ivy does not work) (farming patch trees do work)
- Fishing: Raw salmon or above
Light bonfires (for Firemaking experience) or place large flags (for crafting experience) to contact your god's agents (a woman will appear). Must be done in Rimmington Square, Draynor Marketplace, Varrock Square, and Ardougne Marketplace. Lighting a bonfire requires 4 logs (of the same type) and 40 Firemaking. Building flags requires 4 strips of cloth and 40 crafting - with the cloth and banner in your backpack, use the cloth on the banner. You will need 16 logs or 16 strips of cloth in total. Bolts of cloth also work. (A combination of Strips of cloth and Bolts of cloth will NOT work)
- Pickpocket Bandit or Ardougne knights until you have 5 metal fragments for Thieving experience. Only bearded Bandits (typically wielding blackjacks) in northern Pollnivneach can be used to fulfill the request. Although you may pickpocket the bandits at level 55, you require level 50 in either Thieving or Hunter to be allowed to complete the task. You may also catch implings for Hunter experience. Please note that the implings found in Puro-Puro do not count for this task. You only need to find 1 of the 5 needed fragments by catching an impling in order to be given the choice to claim the Hunter xp reward. If you choose the Hunting route, you may want to do something else while you look for them, but be certain to keep at least two inventory slots open--the fragment is awarded in addition to the normal prize, and if you catch it with only one slot open the fragment will be lost. Once you find one fragment, this will no longer be an issue, as the fragments stack. Having 75 Dungeoneering is also a good way to find implings because you can enter the Al-kharid resource dungeon, where there are usually 5 implings, saving you time.
- Requirements: A combined level of 200 among Summoning, Magic, Prayer, and Runecrafting; a combined level of 100 between Crafting and Smithing; and at least one of Woodcutting, Fishing, or Mining at level 60, with the remaining two being at least level 30.
- Use the banner on a tree, mining rock and fishing spot respectively and collect;
- Any variation of Strong sticks and Well-cut strong sticks
- Any variation of small gemstones and fine small gemstone
- Any variation of smooth stones and very smooth stone; use the "Use with fishing spot" option, as selecting fishing actions such as net or bait will not work for getting stones.
- You must also have at least one Well-cut strong stick, Fine small gemstone, or Very smooth stone. A notification should tell you when you have enough. There is no bonus for having more than one.
- Use the metal artefact on an anvil (does not work with Barbarian anvil) with the materials in your inventory to create a prepared metal artefact
- Use runes on the prepared artefact which are, in the following order: Fire, Earth, Air, Water, Body, and Mind, to create an Empowered metal artefact
Varrock is the ideal place to do this task, there are trees nearby, a mining site to the south, fishing spots to the west, and an anvil close by.
Exploration tasks give experience in Agility. Completing all of the tasks will give the god banner the ability to boost Agilty by five levels for 30 minutes every day.
- Peksa in the Barbarian Village for the helmet shop.
- Horvik in Varrock, Wayne in Falador or Zenesha in East Ardougne for the platebody or chainmail shop.
- Louie Legs or Ranael in Al-Kharid for the platelegs and plateskirt shop.
- Cassie in Falador for the shield shop.
Find 8 Strange fragments, which can be found scattered around various locations.
- Near Varrock
- North of Falador
- North of Al-Kharid
- East wall of Al-Kharid (along the east rock boundary, east of the mining site and west of the Mage Training Arena)
- West wall of Al-Kharid (southwest of the mining site and west of the fire altar)
- Southern Asgarnia
- Near Lumbridge and Draynor
- Inside Lumbridge cow field (north-east of dairy cow)
- North-east of Draynor lodestone (near the clay mine)
Use your God banner on 4 prayer altars. The following altars work, although not every altar works for every player.
- Saradomin Altar in Ardougne Monastery;
- Altar in West Ardougne;
- Altar in East Ardougne;
- Saradomin Altar in Lumbridge Church;
- The makeshift altar in Lumbridge during The Battle of Lumbridge also works.
- Church south-west of Port Sarim lodestone;
- Church South of Seers Village;
- Saradomin altar in North Varrock;
- Saradomin altar on the first floor of the Edgeville Monastery;
- Zaros Altar in Pyramid;
- The Senntisten altar under the digsite.
- Zamorak Altar in Varrock;
- Vampyric Altar in Darkmeyer;
- Tribute stone east of Falador Lodestone;
- Altar of Nature;
- Druid Circle altar in Taverley;
- Altar found in the clan citadel
- All God Statues constructed with Copernicus Glyph will work:
- Seren Altar in Lletya;
- Tribal Statue in the north of Tai Bwo Wannai
- Chaos Temple when traveled there via Hartwin (After Defender of Varrock)
- The Altar in a player-owned house works for some players;
- Right beside the Falador Lodestone
Make an Empowered strange artefact by visiting the Fire & Water; Air & Earth; Body & Mind altars and using the Strange artefact on them (without the need to go inside). You need to draw power from the ruined altars on Gielinor's surface. This must be done in pairs (separated by semicolons above). Within each pair, only 90 seconds are allowed to travel. There are no time limitations between pairs. The order you do an altar in a pair does not matter (e.g. you can do the Water Altar before the Fire Altar) - similarly you can do the body-mind pair before the air-earth pair. These are some of the quickest methods:
Runecrafting altar Easiest and quickest method 1st pair Fire altar Fire Teleport Tablet > Wicked hood > Ring of Duelling > Al-Kharid Lodestone > Abyss Water altar Water Teleport Tablet > Wicked hood > Exit through Zanaris > Draynor/Lumbridge Teleport > Abyss 2nd pair Air altar Air Teleport Tablet > Wicked hood > Skills necklace (Cooking Guild)> Skull sceptre > Combat bracelet (Champions' Guild) > Varrock teleport/Spirit Tree/Ring of Wealth (Grand Exchange) > Abyss Earth altar 3rd pair Body altar Body Teleport Tablet > Wicked hood > Combat Bracelet > Edgeville Lodestone > Abyss Mind altar Mind Teleport Tablet > Wicked hood > Bandosian token > Goblin Village Sphere > Combat bracelet (Edgeville Monastery) > Falador lodestone > Abyss
Note that in each case, it's only necessary to have a way of reaching one altar in the pair within 90s, and it's possible to complete each pair by using the home teleport and running from the lodestone closest to one of the altars.
The easiest way to do this if you have the Runecrafting teleport tablets that go directly to the Runecrafting altars you need. This is faster than the wicked hood method as the tablets are one-click teleports, whereas you have to go through an interface while using the wicked hood. The wicked hood has a limited amount of teleports, meaning other items must be used to reach all of the altars. Even though the altar teleport tab method is slightly quicker, and can be used to reach all of the altars, it is not recommended due to the amount of time it takes to obtain the teleport tabs, and the level 60 Runecrafting requirement for the Great Orb Project minigame, required for buying the tabs.
One of the simplest and fastest routes is as follows. It requires all three teleports on the wicked hood, a Varrock teleport, and a ring of duelling.
- Begin at the Water Altar (teleport to Lumbridge/Draynor and run there). Use the helmet on the altar and teleport to the fire altar via ring of dueling (duelling arena option).
- Then move to the Earth altar via wicked hood. activate it with the helm and teleport to Varrock using the level 25 magic spell (or use a tab), run to the air altar.
- Finally, use the remaining two charges on the wicked hood to teleport between and activate the body/mind altars, Alternatively go to the body altar and teleport to Falador before running north to the mind altar. The whole event should take you just a couple minutes.
- Relic helm of your chosen emissary. If lost or destroyed, the helm costs 80,000 coins to replace.
- Completion of all of the combat, skilling, and exploration tasks will respectively allow you to boost combat skills by 5, a non-combat skill by 2, and agility by 5 once per day through the God banner.
- Experience - up to 109,250 XP rewards are available.