These are tasks given by God Emissaries. God emissary tasks can only be completed on a members' world.
Combat tasks give experience in Combat skills such as Attack, Strength, Magic, Ranging, Constitution, and Defence. Completing them all rewards the ability for the God banner to boost any combat skill by five levels for 30 minutes every day.
- Requirements: 1 inventory space
The first combat task is to kill 10 goblins. These can be any standard goblins, and an area with many of them such as near Port Sarim, Goblin Village or Lumbridge is advised. On killing the final one, you will automatically receive a message fragment in your inventory.
Kill White or Black knights until one drops a message. White Knights can be found in Falador in the White Knight's Castle, while Black Knights can be found in the Black Knights' Fortress north of Ice Mountain and at the south end of the Taverley Dungeon. Note that if you wish to kill knights in the fortress, a disguise is required to enter unless you enter via the Skull of Remembrance.
You will be tasked with challenging the soldiers in Yanille for 3 minutes. To start the challenge, you must stand on the flower bed south of Bert's house and then contact the emissary on your god banner - choosing "Start diversion". Within the 3 minutes, you will fight incoming soldiers in an isolated scene. If you kill a soldier, a new one will teleport in. One easy way to finish it task is to bring 6-7 pieces of food and unequip your weapon (or use a rubber chicken), so that you stay in combat longer. You do not need to kill a certain number of soldiers, just stay in combat and survive for 3 minutes. Note that turning auto-retaliate off without retaliating back does not complete the task.
Kill Kalphite Workers until one drops a curved artefact. Kalphite Workers are found inside the first level of the Kalphite Hive in the Kharidian Desert. The hive requires a rope to enter for the first time, but is not required thereafter. The hive can be reached relatively quickly by using the fairy ring b•i•q, or simply by heading west from Shantay Pass.
Kill jogres, demons, and blue dragons until they drop 5 jogre talismans, a demon horn and a perfect blue dragon scale. Note that a number of demon varieties work, and baby blue dragons count for the dragon task. It is recommended to kill baby blue dragons and lesser demons in Taverley Dungeon and jogres on Karamja near the Shipyard.
Empower the prepared curved artefact to create an empowered curved artefact. To do this you must go to the fire altar ruins north of Al Kharid. When there, use it on the ruins and a black demon will appear. The demon is as tough as a standard black demon and attacks with magic, so melee is unadvised. It is weak to ranged, and drops nothing. Afterwards, the artefact will be empowered.
If you have a pet with you during this task, you will be "forced to abandon your fight with the demon before the ritual is complete." Also, if the black demon appears and then immediately disappears, stand further from the altar. If this happens, you will see a message telling you to use the artefact on the altar again. Move further away first.
Skilling tasks give experience in Smithing, Cooking, Mining, Woodcutting, Fishing, Crafting, Runecrafting, Summoning, Prayer, Thieving, Hunter, and even Magic . Completing all of them will give the god banner the ability to boost any of the above non-combat skills by two levels for 30 minutes every day.
Gather 5 metal fragments whilst Mining, Woodcutting, or Fishing on resources of skill level of 30 or higher. The following resources count:
- Mining: Coal or above (pure essence or Seren stones do not work)
- Woodcutting: Willow tree or above (ivy and crystal trees do not work) (farming patch trees do work)
- Fishing: Raw salmon or above (Barbarian Fishing does work)
NOTE: There may be a glitch with this task where no fragments are gathered when mining, woodcutting, or fishing. Going into the lobby and then back into a world should fix this.
Light bonfires (for Firemaking experience) or place large flags (for Crafting experience) to contact your god's agents (a woman will appear). This must be done in Rimmington Square, Draynor Marketplace, Varrock Square, and Ardougne Marketplace (a chatbox will pop up once in the correct place). Lighting a bonfire requires 4 logs (of the same type) and 40 Firemaking. Building flags requires 4 strips of cloth and 40 Crafting - with the cloth and banner in your backpack, use the cloth on the banner. You will need 16 logs or 16 strips of cloth in total. Bolts of cloth also work, however a combination of strips of cloth and bolts of cloth do not work. Protean logs do not work.
- Pickpocket bandits or Ardougne knights until you have 5 metal fragments for Thieving experience. Bearded bandits (typically wielding blackjacks) in northern Pollnivneach can be used to fulfil the request as well as the bandits in the pub in the Bandit Camp in the western Kharidian desert. It is unknown what other bandits may be used to fulfil this requirement. Although bearded bandits can be pickpocketed at 45 Thieving, level 50 in either Thieving or Hunter is still required for completion of the task. Note: You will not receive any fragments from pickpocketing bearded bandits until you have 50 thieving!
- Catch implings for Hunter experience. Implings found in Puro-Puro do not count for this task. Only 1 of the 5 needed fragments is needed to be found by catching an impling in order to be given the choice to claim the Hunter experience reward. If the Hunting route is chosen, you may want to do something else while you look for them, but be certain to keep at least two inventory slots open, as fragments (which are stackable) are awarded in addition to the normal loot. Having 75 Dungeoneering is also a good way to find implings as Al-kharid resource dungeon may be accessed, where 5 implings can commonly be found. Another consistent place to catch low level implings is outside the H.A.M. Hideout near the Lumbridge cow pens.
- Requirements: A combined level of 200 among Summoning, Magic, Prayer, and Runecrafting; a combined level of 100 between Crafting and Smithing; and at least one of Woodcutting, Fishing, or Mining at level 60, with the remaining two being at least level 30.
- Use the banner on any tree, mining rock and fishing spot to collect;
- Any variation of strong sticks and well-cut strong sticks to total 4
- Any variation of small gemstones and fine small gemstones to total 4
- Any variation of smooth stones and very smooth stones to total 4
- You must have at least one well-cut strong stick, fine small gemstone, or very smooth stone. A notification informs you when you have enough. There is no bonus for having more than one.
- Use the metal artefact on an anvil (does not work with Barbarian anvil) with the materials in your inventory to create a prepared metal artefact
- Use runes on the prepared artefact which are, in the following order: Fire, Earth, Air, Water, Body, and Mind, to create an Empowered metal artefact
Exploration tasks give experience in Agility. Completing all of the tasks will give the god banner the ability to boost Agility by five levels for 30 minutes every day.
- Peksa in the Barbarian Village for the helmet shop.
- Horvik in Varrock, Wayne in Falador or Zenesha in East Ardougne for the platebody or chainmail shop.
- Louie Legs or Ranael in Al-Kharid for the platelegs and plateskirt shop.
- Cassie in Falador for the shield shop.
Find 8 Strange fragments, which can be found scattered around various locations.
- Near Varrock
- North of Falador
- North-west of Dwarven Mine (west of Ice Mountain)
- Just on the outside of the Falador city wall, north of the party room.
- North of Al-Kharid
- Eastern border of the desert area, north-east of the fire altar, by the rock boundary (west of the Mage Training Arena)
- Western border of the desert area (southwest of the mining site and west of the fire altar and oasis)
- Southern Asgarnia
- Near Lumbridge and Draynor
- Inside Lumbridge cow field (north-east of dairy cow)
- North-east of Draynor lodestone (near the clay mine)
Use your god banner on 4 prayer altars. The following altars work, although not every altar works for every player. If not, try going closer to the altar.
- Saradomin Altar in Ardougne Monastery
- Altar in West Ardougne
- Altar in East Ardougne
- Saradomin Altar in Lumbridge Church
- The makeshift altar in Lumbridge during The Battle of Lumbridge also works
- Church south-west of Port Sarim lodestone
- Church South of Seers Village
- Saradomin altar in North Varrock
- Saradomin altar on the first floor of the Edgeville Monastery
- Zaros Altar in Pyramid
- The Senntisten altar under the Digsite
- Zamorak Altar in Varrock
- Vampyric Altar in Darkmeyer
- Tribute stone east of Falador Lodestone
- Inside the White Knight's castle in Falador, on the east side up some stairs
- Altar of Nature
- Druid Circle altar in Taverley
- Bandos's remains near the Goblin Village
- Altar found in the clan citadel
- All God Statues constructed with Copernicus Glyph will work:
- Seren Altar in Lletya
- Tribal Statue in the north of Tai Bwo Wannai
- Chaos Temple when travelled there via Hartwin (After Defender of Varrock)
- The Altar in a player-owned house works for some players
- Altar in the Iorwerth district in Prifddinas
Make an Empowered strange artefact by visiting the Fire & Water; Air & Earth; Body & Mind altars and using the Strange artefact on them (without the need to go inside). You need to draw power from the ruined altars on Gielinor's surface. This must be done in pairs (separated by semicolons above). Within each pair, only 90 seconds are allowed to travel. There are no time limitations between pairs. The order you do an altar in a pair does not matter (e.g. you can do the Water Altar before the Fire Altar) - similarly you can do the body-mind pair before the air-earth pair. These are some of the quickest methods:
Runecrafting altar Easiest and quickest method 1st pair Fire altar Fire Teleport Tablet > Wicked hood > Ring of Duelling > Al-Kharid Lodestone > Abyss Water altar Water Teleport Tablet > Wicked hood > Zamorakian Token > Exit through Zanaris > Draynor/Lumbridge Teleport > Abyss 2nd pair Air altar Air Teleport Tablet > Wicked hood > Skills necklace (Cooking Guild)> Skull sceptre > Combat bracelet (Champions' Guild) > Varrock teleport/Spirit Tree/Ring of Wealth (Grand Exchange) > Abyss Earth altar 3rd pair Body altar Body Teleport Tablet > Wicked hood > Combat Bracelet > Edgeville Lodestone > Abyss Mind altar Mind Teleport Tablet > Wicked hood > Bandosian token > Goblin Village Sphere > Combat bracelet (Edgeville Monastery) > Falador lodestone > Abyss
Note that in each case, it's only necessary to have a way of reaching one altar in the pair within 90s, and it's possible to complete each pair by using the home teleport and running from the lodestone closest to one of the altars.
The easiest way to do this if you have the Runecrafting teleport tablets that go directly to the Runecrafting altars you need. This is faster than the wicked hood method as the tablets are one-click teleports, whereas you have to go through an interface while using the wicked hood. The wicked hood has a limited amount of teleports, meaning other items must be used to reach all of the altars or use of a Wicked Hood Teleport Token which recharged the teleportation number of your Wicked hood. Even though the altar teleport tab method is slightly quicker, and can be used to reach all of the altars, it is not recommended due to the amount of time it takes to obtain the teleport tabs, and the level 50 Runecrafting requirement for the Great Orb Project minigame, required for buying the tabs.
One of the simplest and fastest routes is as follows. It requires two teleports on the wicked hood, a Varrock teleport or a ring of wealth, and a ring of duelling.
- Begin at the Water Altar (teleport to Lumbridge/Draynor and run there). Use the helmet on the altar and teleport to the fire altar via ring of dueling (duelling arena option).
- Then run to the earth altar near the Digsite (several possible methods including the gnome glider network, a digsite pendant, balloon network or varrock lodestone), activate it with the helm and teleport to Varrock using the level 25 magic spell or GE teleport on the ring of wealth, run to the air altar.
- Finally, use the remaining two charges on the wicked hood to teleport between and activate the body/mind altars, Alternatively go to the body altar and teleport to Falador before running north to the mind altar or using the wicked hood teleport. The whole event should take you just a couple minutes.
- Relic helm of your chosen emissary. If lost or destroyed, the helm costs 80,000 coins to replace.
- Completion of all of the combat, skilling, and exploration tasks will respectively allow you to boost combat skills by 5, a non-combat skill by 2, and agility by 5 once per day through the God banner.
- Experience - up to 109,250 XP rewards are available.
Completing the tasks is a requirement of the Master quest cape.