For the music track, see Goblin Village (music track).
|Release date||6 April 2001 (Update)|
|No. of Banks||None|
|No. of Altars||None|
|Main Music||Goblin Village|
|Leader||Generals Bentnoze & Wartface|
|Teleportation||Goblin Village Sphere|
|Location on World Map|
|West border of Wilderness|
|Heroes' Guild||←||Goblin Village||→||Black Knights' Fortress|
Goblin Village is the main settlement of goblins in Asgarnia. During the God Wars, the goblins fought in many battles, for many sides, but ultimately owed their allegiance to the 'Big High War God'. Now, without a war to fight in, the goblins have a tendency to fight among themselves, armour colour being a frequent cause of strife. From the time of the God Wars, much has been forgotten, though they still remember and celebrate their battle of the Mud Plains where the 'Big High War God' (Bandos) gave them their commandments.
The Goblin Village is ruled by two generals, General Bentnoze and General Wartface, who were originally members of the Thorobshuun and Garagorshuun tribes respectively; hence their inability to co-operate with one another.
LocationEditGoblin Village is located north of Falador and north-east of Taverley. If you follow the road from Falador's north gate toward Taverley, but head off the track when you pass Doric's hut, you'll find it easily.
Points of InterestEdit
In terms of resources, Goblin Village is a bit on the empty side. The resource it does have, though, are the masses of goblins that roam about the village. They are decent training for when you are just starting out on your journey as an adventurer.
There is a bucket spawn in the main building, as well as an everlasting fire in the centre of the village.
Reading a signpost south of the village entrance will show Goblin Village's current population. The number changes as goblins are killed and respawn.
There is also a beacon outside the village to the north-east.
An update on the 17th of October 2012 has created another point of interest. If players kill 15 Goblins, one of the leaders will show up (not the Generals), and when killed, may drop the Goblin cower shield. The kill number you are on will be retained even after log out. If players have completed The Chosen Commander, talk to either Generals to make them give the shield to you.
Quests started in Goblin Village:
- Goblin Diplomacy: The quest can be started by speaking to either General Bentnoze or General Wartface in the hut at the northern end of the village.
Quests involved in Goblin Village:
- During the Lost Tribe quest, the generals will teach you two emotes - Goblin bow and Goblin salute.
- The entrance to the Mind altar is to the east of Goblin Village.
- A Wine of Zamorak, one of the Herblore secondary ingredients, can be found in the Captured Temple to the southwest of Goblin Village. It is common to see bots telegrabbing the wine.
- Upon entering Goblin Village, there is a sign to the left that says "Welcome to Goblin Village. Current population: xx" and it will show a number. The number is the amount of goblins currently in the village. If you kill one, the population will decrease by one on the population sign, and the number will rise when goblins respawn.
- Various roof issues were fixed on 9 November 2009.
- From time to time, when you talk to the goblins there, they will say "Happy new century!" because of the new year.
- The red and green goblins always fight each other until you complete Goblin Diplomacy, which is when they become peaceful with each other.
- Even after the quest though, it is possible to make them fight when you talk to them. Make sure talk with them with the dialogue "Stay away from me smelly human.". This causes a nearby goblin (only if it's the other color) to attack the goblin who you talked to. You can only do this twice, once in the main floor and in the tower.
- Despite Goblin Village's population being around 25, there are very few houses in the village.