- This quest has a quick guide, found here, which briefly summarises the steps needed to complete the quest.
|Release date||8 May 2001 (Update)|
|“||There's a disturbance in the Goblin Village. Help the goblins solve their dispute so the world doesn't have to worry about rioting goblins. Aim: to help the goblins decide which colour they will wear.||”|
|Start point|| |
Go to Goblin Village and talk to General Bentnoze or General Wartface.
|Length||Medium if you don't bring the items (15 mins)|
|Items required||Items from the toolbelt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added. |
|Enemies to defeat||None|
Getting started and Gathering the needed itemsEdit
Talk to General Bentnoze or General Wartface in Goblin Village, in the Kingdom of Asgarnia, (located north of Falador, and east of Taverley). They will say that the goblin race is on the brink of civil war over armour colour, and they want their armour to be orange.
Ask the generals where you can get orange armour. Eventually, one will answer that you can dye Goblin mail orange. Grubfoot will mention he stole yellow dye from a witch in Draynor village, and mentions you may be able to find it there. One of the generals will mention you can find goblin mail in some crates around the village.
Grab three suits of goblin mail from the following crates:
- Behind the generals' hut
- Next to the western hut
- Up a ladder at the entrance of the camp
Making the dyesEdit
Note: Skip this subsection if you already have orange dye and blue dye. It is possible to buy them (or red dye and yellow dye to make orange dye) from the Grand Exchange. Members can buy any colour of dye from Oronwen, the seamstress in Lletya, if they have started Mourning's Ends Part I.
You need to make orange and blue dye. Orange dye is made from combining red dye (3 redberries and 5 coins) with yellow dye (2 onions and 5 coins). If you do not already have the yellow and red dyes, take the supplies to Aggie the witch in Draynor village, then mix the yellow and red to create orange.
Likewise, if you don't already have the blue dye, take 2 woad leaves and 5 coins to Aggie to create the blue dye.
The generals' verdictEdit
Dye one goblin mail orange, one blue, and leave the last one unaltered.
Go back to Goblin Village and give the orange goblin mail to the generals. They will have Grubfoot try it on, and say they do not like it. They will ask for blue armour. Give them the Blue goblin mail. Again they will have Grubfoot try it on, and again it is rejected. They now want brown. Give them the plain brown Goblin mail. Grubfoot tries it on for the last time. They decide that the original colour, brown, is best after all. You can find brown mail deep in the wilderness if you wander around.
Congratulations, quest complete!
Upon completing this quest, you will receive rewards:
- 5 quest points
- A gold bar
- 200 Experience
- 2 Treasure hunter keys for use in Treasure Hunter.
- 2 Hearts of Ice for use in Treasure Hunter.
- Goblin Village is unlocked by entering goblin village, not by starting the quest.
Required for completingEdit
Completion of Goblin Diplomacy is required for the following:
- Developer: John A
- Quality Assurance: Jennie T
- Graphics: Damian C
- This quest used to be started by talking to the Bartender in Port Sarim.
- This quest has a reward of 5 Quest Points, the third most possible for a quest, exceeded only by the 6 from Merlin's Crystal and the 10 from Recipe for Disaster. However, it is extremely easy compared to other quests that have the same reward.
- After this quest, the goblins wont fight anymore.
- However, with the goblin village rework, if you talk to a goblin that says Go away smelly human! with another goblin close to you, the goblin will begin attacking the other one.
The Blood Pact • Cook's Assistant • The Death of Chivalry • Death Plateau • Demon Slayer • Druidic Ritual • Ernest the Chicken • Goblin Diplomacy • Gunnar's Ground • Imp Catcher • Let Them Eat Pie • Myths of the White Lands • Pirate's Treasure • The Restless Ghost • Rune Mysteries • Shield of Arrav • Stolen Hearts • Swept Away • Vampyre Slayer • Wolf Whistle • What's Mine is Yours
|Removed or significantly changed|
Italics denote that the removed quest was later made into a miniquest.