|Release date||4 June 2007 (Update)|
|XP per kill||Unknown edit|
|Always drops||2 Big bones, 2 uncut gems, golden goblin|
|Examine text||A cloud giant.|
Glod is a huge, muscular giant who can be found on the cloud at the top of the magic beanstalk in the Grim Tales quest. He has a Combat level of 138. Glod has the ability to bellow threats at players to either make them run in fear of the huge giant or charge at him in anger. He can also heal himself similar to the gorillas on Ape Atoll, making him a bit harder to kill. When Glod is killed he drops the golden goblin which is a quest item needed for the Grim Tales quest.
Glod is immune to poison-based attacks. In addition, he also has the ability to disable any active Prayers on the player, also lowering their prayer points by a noticeable amount. However, this does not work like a Dragon scimitar's special attack, which prevents players from using protection prayers for five seconds. If you stand at least 3 steps away from him, he will not be able to use his melee attacks.
A good method of fighting Glod is with magic, standing at the edge of the arena as to render his bellow that makes players run away useless. Players will then only have to worry about the bellow that makes them charge forward.
Alternatively, if using melee, setting Protect from Melee/Deflect Melee as a quick prayer and when Glod knocks out your prayer, double click the quick prayers icon to quickly restore the prayer.
Rare drop table drops
|Show/hide rare drop table|
- Glod can be fought an infinite amount of times. This is done by defeating him, not picking up the Golden Goblin, climbing back down and then back up. He will reappear and must be killed again in order to receive the goblin. This also make multiple gem drops possible, at the cost of prayer/food/runes/arrows.
- Glod is an alternate name for Fornjót, an ancient giant in Norse mythology.
- While fighting, Glod may shout "Glod smash!" This is a reference to the Marvel Comics hero, the Incredible Hulk, who says "Hulk smash!"
- Glod's appearance is really similar to that of the Incredible Hulk. It might be possible that Glod's design was based on the Incredible Hulk.
- Glod is also the name of a recurring character in Terry Pratchet's Discworld books. Appearing initially as a bad tempered dwarf. Owing to the popularity of the Discworld books in the United Kingdom where Jagex is based, it's not unreasonable to speculate that the Glod in RuneScape may be inspired at least in part by his literary cousin.
- Glod is one of the few NPCs that actually had visible fingers.
- The name of the quest may have come from the book "Grimm's Fairytales" written by the Grimm Brothers.
- Glod was featured as the first question in the RuneScape quiz 14. This quiz was released 29 June 2010, the question being "Where can Glod be found?" The answer was "At the top of a beanstalk like all good giants!"
- Glod is currently the largest giant in the game.
- The golden goblin is a reference to the golden hen and the golden harp from the fairy tale: "Jack and the Beanstalk." The giant being found at the top of a beanstalk (and someone murdering the giant and stealing his possessions) is also a reference to Jack and the Beanstalk.