|Release date||4 June 2007 (Update)|
|XP per kill||Unknown edit|
|Always drops||2 Big bones, 2 uncut gems, golden goblin|
|Examine text||A cloud giant.|
Glod is a huge, muscular giant who can be found on the cloud at the top of the magic beanstalk in the Grim Tales quest. He has a Combat level of 97. He attacks with an extremely accurate melee attack, in which he stomps on the player. Glod has the ability to bellow threats at players to either make them run in fear of the huge giant or charge at him in anger. He can also heal himself similar to the gorillas on Ape Atoll, making him a bit harder to kill. When Glod is killed he drops the golden goblin which is a quest item needed for the Grim Tales quest.
Glod is immune to poison-based attacks. In addition, he also has the ability to disable any active Prayers on the player, also lowering their prayer points by a noticeable amount. If you stand at least 3 steps away from him, he will not be able to use his melee attacks.
A good method of fighting Glod is with magic, standing at the edge of the arena as to render his bellow that makes players run away useless. Players will then only have to worry about the bellow that makes them charge forward.
Alternatively, if using melee, setting Protect from Melee/Deflect Melee as a quick prayer and when Glod knocks out your prayer, double click the quick prayers icon to quickly restore the prayer.
Rare drop table dropsEdit
- This monster has access to the rare drop table.
The ring of wealth is not required to access the table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 250 – 450; 3,000;
9,000; 10,000; 12,000
Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 1 Common 1,730 Uncut emerald 1 Common 3,348 Uncut ruby 1 Common 3,974 Uncut diamond 1 Uncommon 8,346 Loop half of a key 1 Uncommon 27,521 Tooth half of a key 1 Uncommon 44,195 Uncut dragonstone 1 Rare 17,365 Dragonstone 1 Rare 10,899 Dragon dagger 1 Uncommon 16,748 Rune battleaxe 1 Rare 24,096 Rune javelin 5 Rare 890 Adamant javelin 20 Very rare 1,000 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare 37,433 Rune spear 1 Very rare 11,460 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 36,438 Dragon dagger 50 (noted) Very rare 837,400 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare 22,488 Rune kiteshield 1 Very rare 31,974 Shield left half 1 Very rare 64,793 Dragon helm 1 Very rare 60,652 Adamant bolts 200 Uncommon 18,800 Onyx bolts 150 Rare 1,263,150 Rune arrow 150–200, 500 Rare 22,500–75,000 Battlestaff 200 (noted) Rare 1,549,600 Air orb 1,000 (noted) Rare 2,901,000 Fire orb 1,000 (noted) Rare 2,402,000 Vecna skull 1 Very rare 146,706 Water talisman 1 Uncommon 13,160 Earth talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 40,750–57,050 Fire talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 80,650–112,910 Chaos talisman 1 Uncommon 176 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 362 Pure essence 500–15,000 (noted) Uncommon 8,500–255,000 Nature rune 20–80 Rare 6,340–25,360 Soul rune 20 Rare 2,700 Law rune 45 Rare 13,095 Death rune 50, 121 Rare 5,950–14,399 Blood rune 50 Rare 14,200 Raw swordfish 125–250, 1,000 (noted) Uncommon 50,375–403,000 Raw shark 250–500 (noted) Uncommon 441,750–883,500 Big bones 150–500 (noted) Uncommon 84,450–281,500 Coal 150–7,500 (noted) Uncommon 28,200–1,410,000 Adamantite ore 150–800 (noted) Uncommon 472,050–2,517,600 Silver ore 100 (noted) Rare 10,900 Runite ore 100 (noted) Rare 1,060,600 Adamant bar 1,000–7,000 (noted) Rare 4,040,000–28,280,000 Rune bar 1, 50, 150 (noted) Rare 13,006–1,950,900 Clean ranarr 33 (noted) Uncommon 87,153 Clean toadflax 25–250 (noted) Uncommon 102,200–1,022,000 Clean snapdragon 30–120 (noted) Uncommon 112,560–450,240 Clean torstol 10–100 (noted) Uncommon 53,280–532,800 Saradomin brew (4) 250 (noted) Very rare 105,000 Watermelon seed 3 Uncommon 8,247 Yew seed 1–50 Rare 91,337–4,566,850 Magic seed 1–7 Rare 190,413–1,332,891 Palm tree seed 10 Rare 1,181,590 Snapdragon seed 1 Rare 2,043 Torstol seed 1–31 Rare 19,930–617,830 Fellstalk seed 2 Rare 1,286 Yew logs 50–20,000 (noted) Rare 29,400–11,760,000 Crystal triskelion fragment 1 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 2 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 3 1 Very rare Not sold
- Universal drops are dropped by every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Key token 1 Rare Not sold
- Glod can be fought an infinite amount of times. This is done by defeating him, not picking up the Golden Goblin, climbing back down and then back up. He will reappear and must be killed again in order to receive the goblin. This also make multiple gem drops possible, at the cost of prayer/food/runes/arrows.
- Glod is an alternate name for Fornjót, an ancient giant in Norse mythology.
- While fighting, Glod may shout "Glod smash!" This is a reference to the Marvel Comics hero, the Incredible Hulk, who says "Hulk smash!"
- Glod's appearance is similar to that of the Incredible Hulk.
- Before the human model updates, Glod was one of the few NPCs that actually had visible fingers.
- Glod was featured as the first question in the RuneScape quiz 14. This quiz was released 29 June 2010, the question being "Where can Glod be found?" The answer was "At the top of the beanstalk like all good giants!"
- Glod is currently the largest giant in the game.
- The golden goblin is a reference to the golden hen and the golden harp from the fairy tale: "Jack and the Beanstalk." The giant being found at the top of a beanstalk (and someone murdering the giant and stealing his possessions) is also a reference to Jack and the Beanstalk.