|Release date||4 June 2007 (Update)|
|XP per kill||Unknown edit|
|Always drops||2 Big bones, 2 uncut gems, golden goblin|
|Examine text||A cloud giant.|
Glod is a huge, muscular giant who can be found on the cloud at the top of the magic beanstalk in the Grim Tales quest. He uses an extremely accurate melee attack, in which he stomps on the player. Glod has the ability to bellow threats at players to either make them run in fear of the huge giant or charge at him in anger. He can also heal himself similar to the gorillas on Ape Atoll, making him a bit harder to kill. When Glod is killed he drops the golden goblin which is a quest item needed for the Grim Tales quest.
Glod is immune to poison-based attacks. In addition, he also has the ability to disable any active Prayers on the player, also lowering their prayer points by a noticeable amount. If you stand at least 3 steps away from him, he will not be able to use his melee attacks.
A good method of fighting Glod is with magic, standing at the edge of the arena as to render his bellow that makes players run away useless. Players will then only have to worry about the bellow that makes them charge forward.
Alternatively, if using melee, setting Protect from Melee/Deflect Melee as a quick prayer and when Glod knocks out your prayer, double click the quick prayers icon to quickly restore the prayer.
Rare drop table dropsEdit
- This monster has access to the rare drop table.
The ring of wealth is not required to access the table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 200–350,3,000 Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 1 Common 1,338 Uncut emerald 1 Common 2,560 Uncut ruby 1 Common 3,046 Uncut diamond 1 Uncommon 5,670 Loop half of a key 1 Uncommon 34,437 Tooth half of a key 1 Uncommon 34,608 Uncut dragonstone 1 Rare 14,432 Dragonstone 1 Rare 10,124 Dragon dagger 1 Uncommon 16,553 Rune battleaxe 1 Rare 24,206 Rune javelin 5 Rare 915 Adamant javelin 20 Very rare 1,240 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare 37,466 Rune spear 1 Very rare 11,474 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 36,871 Battlestaff 200 (noted) Rare 1,557,200 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare 22,335 Rune kiteshield 1 Very rare 31,560 Shield left half 1 Very rare 64,213 Dragon helm 1 Very rare 58,908 Adamant bolts 200 Uncommon 13,000 Onyx bolts 150 Rare 1,277,700 Rune arrow 150 Rare 22,650 Vecna skull 1 Very rare 96,512 Water talisman 1 Uncommon 10,538 Earth talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 61,875–86,625 Fire talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 62,425–87,395 Chaos talisman 1 Uncommon 717 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 442 Pure essence 1,000–1,500 (noted) Uncommon 17,000–25,500 Nature rune 60–80 Rare 18,480–24,640 Soul rune 20 Rare 4,120 Law rune 45 Rare 19,530 Death rune 50 Rare 15,350 Blood rune 50 Rare 25,100 Raw swordfish 125–250 (noted) Uncommon 60,000–120,000 Raw shark 250 (noted) Uncommon 280,250 Big bones 150–180 (noted) Uncommon 85,350–102,420 Coal 550–700 (noted) Uncommon 132,550–168,700 Adamantite ore 150–250 (noted) Uncommon 192,150–320,250 Silver ore 100 (noted) Rare 9,200 Runite ore 100 (noted) Rare 1,105,000 Rune bar 1 Common 14,090 Rune bar 50 (noted) Very rare 704,500 Clean toadflax 35–45 (noted) Uncommon 115,640–148,680 Clean snapdragon 30–35 (noted) Uncommon 102,450–119,525 Clean torstol 16–34 (noted) Uncommon 89,280–189,720 Snapdragon seed 1 Common 2,446 Torstol seed 1 Uncommon 20,536 Watermelon seed 3 Uncommon 8,634 Magic seed 3–7 Rare 506,913–1,182,797 Palm tree seed 10 Rare 1,286,130 Yew logs 450–550 (noted) Rare 160,200–195,800 Crystal triskelion fragment 1 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 2 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 3 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Melee) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Magic) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Ranged) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Agility) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Cooking) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (FM) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Fishing) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Hunter) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Mining) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Prayer) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Smithing) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Thieving) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (WC) 1 Very rare Not sold
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Key token 1 Rare Not sold
- Glod can be fought an infinite amount of times. This is done by defeating him, not picking up the Golden Goblin, climbing back down and then back up. He will reappear and must be killed again in order to receive the goblin. This also make multiple gem drops possible, at the cost of prayer/food/runes/arrows.
- Glod is an alternate name for Fornjót, an ancient giant in Norse mythology.
- While fighting, Glod may shout "Glod smash!" This is a reference to the Marvel Comics hero, the Incredible Hulk, who says "Hulk smash!"
- Glod's appearance is similar to that of the Incredible Hulk.
- Before the human model updates, Glod was one of the few NPCs that actually had visible fingers.
- Glod was featured as the first question in the RuneScape quiz 14. This quiz was released 29 June 2010, the question being "Where can Glod be found?" The answer was "At the top of the beanstalk like all good giants!"
- Glod is currently the largest giant in the game.
- The golden goblin is a reference to the golden hen and the golden harp from the fairy tale: "Jack and the Beanstalk." The giant being found at the top of a beanstalk (and someone murdering the giant and stealing his possessions) is also a reference to Jack and the Beanstalk.