|Release date||14 September 2011 (Update)|
|Kingdom||Mahjarrat Ritual Site|
|Dwarf multicannon allowed||Disallowed|
|Quests||Ritual of the Mahjarrat|
|Inhabitants||Mahjarrat, Ice elementals|
The Glacor Cave is an icy underground cavern located near the Mahjarrat Ritual of Rejuvenation site. It can be accessed after completion of the Ritual of the Mahjarrat, either through an entrance to the south of the ritual site or via the fairy ring code DKQ. It was the cavern in which Lucien stored the Stone of Jas between the events of While Guthix Sleeps and the Ritual of the Mahjarrat.
Eleven level 112 glacors lurk within the cave's largest cavern, near the fairy ring, although they are unaggressive. A smaller cavern to the east of the main entrance houses the bane ore mine, which along with the Abomination Cave are the only locations in the game where bane ore may be mined. Movario wanders around the entrance cavern, studying the energy left over by the Stone of Jas.
After the quest, the residual energy left from the Stone of Jas will empower players who enter the cavern, enhancing their combat abilities in the cave as well as nearby locations such as Trollheim, the God Wars Dungeon, Fremennik Slayer Dungeon and the Wilderness for four hours of in game time. The empowerment remains with the player even upon death.
Notable places for Jas boostEdit
See the gallery below for a full area of effect.
- Glacor Cave - 6%
- God Wars Dungeon - 5% (works on instances, does not work on Nex: Angel of Death)
- Keldagrim - 5% (Doesn't apply to the Chaos Dwarf and Chaos Giants areas)
- Lava Strykewyrms - 4% (Also useful for the nearby hobgoblins if you want the champion scroll)
- Ghorrock Fortress (outside) - 4%
- Ghorrock Fortress (inside) - 3%
- Forinthry Dungeon - 3-4% (4% boost is only usable against the lesser demons and dark beasts)
- Mage Arena - 3%
- Fremennik Slayer Dungeon - 3% (except Aquanites)
- The boost does not apply at King Black Dragon's lair, unlike the rest of the Lava Maze.
- The World Map refers to it as Saradomin's hidden cave, despite Saradomin having no known association with the area, besides a memory featuring him being seen when the Stone of Jas is touched during Ritual of the Mahjarrat, although this memory shows him at Annakarl and the Fist of Guthix.