|Release||13 August 2013 (Update)|
|Destroy||You can retrieve it from a coffin in the Saradominist crypt, via the portal at the top of the Black Knights' Fortress.|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|Examine||A cabbage in need of a jolly good kicking. (The Death of Chivalry)|
The gilded cabbage is an extra item obtained after The Death of Chivalry quest. After the quest is completed, it can be looted from one of the coffins in the room where you fight Dawn, the final boss of the quest. You must be a member to claim the Gilded Cabbage from the coffin, and you must have at least 60 Strength.
After your Gilded cabbage has for the initial time been kicked 30 times consecutively without being picked up, the gilded cabbage will say, "All hail Brassica Prime," and grant the player an additional 10,000 bonus prayer experience. The player will then receive a chat head and audio message from Brassica Prime himself. The bonus experience is granted in the form of double experience while you train in the skill, not instanteously as is the case with XP lamps.
Once you have claimed the 10,000 bonus prayer experience, if you use the gilded cabbage on the Skull of Remembrance while both items are in your inventory (you cannot use the Skull of Remembrance on the gilded cabbage whether the gilded cabbage is in your inventory or on the ground), you will be able to watch (and hear) Brassica Prime's message again.
- The cabbage has a counting limit of 999 kicks.
- This item is a reference to the cabbages from the 2009 April Fools event, which would come to life, say random phrases (such as "All hail Brassica Prime") and could be kicked, tapped, caught and thrown.
- The Gilded Cabbage is also a reference to the old Black Knights' Fortress quest, where a cabbage was used to foil the plans of the Black Knight captain and the Witch.
- After you kick the gilded cabbage, it will roll, but it will always end "right-side" up.
- If you have the quest "The World Wakes" completed, it will call you the "World Guardian" when you kick it 50 times.