During the Gielinor Games, occasional commentary is given through floating megaphones. In addition, a small dialogue occurs when entering or finishing a game. The team of commentators consist of:
Mr Mordaut is the old and wise draconic school teacher who is only encountered during the Surprise Exam random event. He seems to be an opposer of the cheese rolling, claiming it is too stupid for the advanced races. However, the circular cheeses are a whole new invention to the trolls. He appears to be the only one taking the commentating seriously, although he also makes the occasional random joke. He also appears to be trying to have serious conversations with the zombie, although that of course fails.
Thok is the master of Dungeoneering, brother of Marmaros and Bryll. He normally stands at Daemonheim selling the two Dungeoneering skillcapes, but now he has come to the Games to commentate. Or rather, compare athletes to himself and make funny but slightly dumb comments.
Tentacle is the leader of five mermaids, two of which (Manta and Remora) are incinerated by the Queen Black Dragon, with Urchin and Anemone still being alive. Those three are encountered during Deadliest Catch in which they consider feeding the player to Thassalus. Tentacle is usually seen having conversations with the troll, constantly being surprised of his stupitidy.
Raptor, the mysterious warrior thinks that races are a waste of time, but he appreciates the type of races that Thok and his brother compete in which involves killing monsters. Also, he seems to opposed to the cheese rolling, for an unknown reason. Thok spectaculates that is because cheese gives him "bad Raptor nightmares".
The Troll is a rather slow character who shares many similarities with the Zombie, although he isn't as fussy when it comes to eating humans.
The Zombie is the least intelligent of the commentators, worse than even the troll. He seems mostly concerned with eating brains.
- Zombie: That's...how...I roll
- Thok: Carve that cheese into a crown! No one beats that score.
- Mr Mordaut: It's a misconception that athletics is solely about strength and speed.
- Mr Mordaut: It can be very tactical. The brain is just as important as the feet.
- Zombie: Brains...taste better than feet...
- Mr Mordaut: So, use your mind to take advantage of your opponents.
- Mr Mordaut: This athlete really has got their head in the game.
- Zombie: Zombie go into game, eat head?
- Mr Mordaut: No, zombie. We can snack at the post-race buffet.
- Zombie: Mmm...brain canapes.
- Thok: A good race. Thok think this was great.
- Troll: Huh hur, me like fast food.
- Thok: Thok see what you did there!
- Troll: Little human ran well. Might be too fast for me to eat them.
- Thok: No eating the athletes! Thok want to see more races.
- Troll: Okay.
- Tentacle: I'd give up now if I were you, human.
- Thok: I have faith in athlete.
- Mr Mordaut: A disappointing score for our athlete.
- Mr Mordaut: I'm sure they'll do better in future attempts.
- Thok: Thok though that was...BEST EVENT EVER!
- Mr Mordaut: Yes, quite. Well done, athlete, a remarkable score that you should be proud of.
- Tentacle: They run faster than I can swim!
- Troll: They not run faster than troll can swim.
- Tentacle: Aren't you made of rock? No troll can swim.
- Troll: Look at it this way: trolls swim very fast downwards.
- Raptor: Not bad. I'm impressed, should use your speed to chase down monsters.
- Thok: Thok agree with metal man. Chase monsters, then crush them with your fists.
- Thok: Wow, watch them go!
- Tentacle: How can they go so fast? Someone must be cheating.
(The COW!!? card causes a cow to plummet from the sky)
- Raptor: How did that get there?
- Troll: Someone has a beef wiv dis race
- Thok: Holy cow!
- Zombie: All-you-can-eat buffet!
(The Streaker! card causes a troll in a tutu to walk across the path)
- Troll: Hur hur...wait, what is dat?
- Zombie: I like my brains like I like my bacon...streaky
- Troll: What is dis...Troll don't know.
(An athlete is removed from the race)
- Thok: Ow, Thok think that must have hurt.
- Troll: If they not in race, can Troll eat them?
- Tentacle: I've seen sea cucumbers move faster.
- Thok: Don't give up in face of adversity! Punch it in nose!
- Thok: Giving up? Thok fought on with worse injuries.
- Zombie: Weak ones....easier to stumble after...
- Raptor: Waste of time. Should be killing things.
- Troll: But look at the pretty shiny rocks and trees.
- Raptor: I should kill you where you stand, monster.
- Troll: Wanna see them collect shiny things. Yay shiny!
- Troll: Troll don't get this race.
- Zombie: Grab stuff...in short space of time...
- Troll: Do they eat them?
- Zombie: No...but we eat athletes later...yes?
- Mr Mordaut: Grabbing what you can in a short space of time. A metaphor for life, eh Thok?
- Thok: I not know metaphor. My family talks with each other, not use flags.
- Mr Mordaut: Good lord, I didn't mean semaphor! You have a beautiful mind, Thok.
- Thok: A good game, you make Thok proud.
- Tentacle: Yes human well do-
- Tentacle: What was that for?
- Thok: Sorry, Thok thought you were about to make rude comment.
- Thok: Haha! A good round! Well done, squishy person!
- Tentacle: Squishy person...really?
- Tentacle: Why are there two of you?
- Raptor: Impressed. Good event.
- Tentacle: Yes, good round...
- Raptor: Don't try to escape me fish. I'll be coming after you.
- Tentacle: Eep!
- Raptor: Good event. I'm impressed
- Mr Mordaut: Indeed. A great performance from our athlete.
- Raptor: Now, dragon, time to meet my flail!
- Mr Mordaut: *Sigh* Oh, do go away, Raptor.
- Tentacle: Not the best score I've ever see.
- Raptor: Seen better.
- Thok: Keep it up, squishy athlete, and you'll be almost as good as thok.
- Raptor: Bad score. Not impressed.
- Mr Mordaut: Come now, my metal-encased friend, I'm sure this was just a practice game.
- Mr Mordaut: With drive and determination, they'll have a top score in no time.
- Tentacle: Hah! Better luck next time, human.
- Raptor: Not impressed. Seems like a practice round.
- Tentacle: Or they're just not very good.
- Zombie: a winner is one who...traaaains
- Thok: Thok mentally high-fives all of you!
- Troll: Why do they not eating that?
- Zombie: Run...fleshy brainbags...
- Mr Mourdaut: They've missed one there. That might cost them.
- Tentacle: Pick that one up to your left! No, your other left!
- Raptor: That resource? Not impressed.
- Troll: Is that a good one to get?
|Gielinor Games Preparation||