|Release||4 January 2001 (Update)|
|I think this spider has been magically modified.|
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|1 / 0 / 0|
4 ticks (2.4s)
The giant spider is an ranged-based monster in RuneScape suited for low level combat. They come in a variety of levels, and are weak to crush attacks, so a mace or warhammer will dispatch them quickly, although any melee weapon can be used. They have moderate resistance to ranged and high magic resistance, and will range the player right back if attacked with these styles, so training these skills on them is not advised.
Many new players kill the level 2 giant spiders to train combat because of their low combat level and close location to the starting point in Lumbridge. They primarily attack with ranged. Giant spiders in Lumbridge sometimes have a 1 out of 6 chance to drop an Earth talisman.
The level 33 variants are rarely trained on, and are aggressive. They also use ranged in combat.
The level 39 variants are fairly accurate and can hit up to 103 life points if you have low Defence, so it is recommended that players wear at least full rune armour and bring food. Alternatively, members can bring a bunyip, Saradomin godsword, unicorn stallion, a full set of Guthan's armour, or an Enhanced Excalibur to heal with.
- Varrock Sewers (level 2 and 33)
- Spider mound; Wilderness level 46 (level 33)
- Stronghold of Security (level 39)
- Edgeville dungeon (level 2)
- Between the Eastern wall of Falador and Draynor Manor (level 2)
- Around Oo'glog (level 2 and 33)
- Clock Tower basement (level 2)
- East Lumbridge, across the river from the castle, 2 spawn (level 2)
In the Stronghold of Security they don't drop anything.
|Represents a 90% confidence range based on a sample of 3,053 kills.|
1 charm is dropped at a time.
|Bronze kiteshield||1||Very rare||430|
|Water talisman||1||Very rare||5,439|
|Staff of air||1||Rare||1,867|
|Spirit sapphire||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Spirit emerald||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Spirit ruby||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Starved ancient effigy||1||Very rare||Not sold|
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
|Key token||1||Rare||Not sold|