|Release||15 January 2008 (Update)|
|Special moves||Acorn Missile|
|Examine||He ent such a bad guy.|
Giant ents are level 78 Summoning familiars. They are foragers that produce oak logs, and have the ability to convert pure essence into either one earth or nature rune. Giant ents are also useful in the Farming skill.
Giant ent pouchEdit
|124 ( 3,100)|| 32.4|
|Create XP||Use XP||Low alch||Hi alch||GE price|
|GE Database||Cost to make||Bogrog shard return||Shard return level|
|Look up price||4,426|
|I can summon a giant ent familiar with this.|
Giant ent pouch is made by using a Summoning pouch on a Summoning obelisk with 124 spirit shards, a Green charm and a willow branch in the inventory. Making the pouch earns 136.8 experience points. Using the pouch to summon a Giant ent gains 1.6 experience points, and costs 8 Summoning points.
Acorn missile scrollEdit
|Create XP||Use XP||Special move points|
|Low Alch||High Alch||GE Price|
|140 coins||211 coins||195 coins (info)|
|GE Database||Bogrog shard return||Shard return level|
|Look up price||6 (150)||82|
|A scroll for a giant ent familiar.|
Acorn missile scroll enables the use of the Acorn Missile special move for a Giant ent. Using the pouch on a Summoning obelisk creates 10 scrolls.
Currently, it hits an opponent (or anyone around the opponent) twice.
If a piece of pure essence is used on the Giant ent it will turn into either an earth rune or a nature rune. However, experience is not gained from doing this. It is also required to use each pure essence individually on the Giant ent which can be a very tedious effort.
A good method is to mine pure essence and give it directly to the ent to convert. This can yield upwards of 400 earth runes and 500 nature runes an hour if the player is proficient at clicking.
Giant ents have the potential to double yield when harvesting fruit from fruit trees, bushes, cacti, belladonna and crystal trees. The average bonus is a 35% yield boost. However, the bonus yield will not award experience. For example, on average, a fruit tree will give 9 pieces of fruit instead of 6, however experience will only be awarded for harvesting the 6.
- In The Lord of the Rings, an ent named Treebeard says "Don't be hasty." Ents in the Lord of the Rings converse notoriously slowly. The dialogue of the giant ent may be a parody of this.
- Even though the Giant Ent's Tertiary ingredient is Willow Branches, it's special move is Acorn Missile, implying it would be made of Oak.
- As with many other creatures and objects, the giant ent's examine is a pun.
- In the Funorb game Armies of Gielinor, the Titan Ent uses the giant ent's image.
- Currently both the ent's foraging ability and ability to spawn acorns with a scroll are broken.
- If talking to Quercus with the giant ent, extra dialogue can be heard.
- Oddly enough, this dialogue can be understood without the normal 10 Level Requirement, despite not being able to understand the familiar any other time without it.
- Unlike when a player speaks to it directly, the giant ent is able to communicate with Quercus in full, normal sentences, rather than slow, one-worded spurts.