|Special moves||Acorn Missile|
|Examine text||He ent such a bad guy.|
Giant ents are level 78 Summoning familiars. They are foragers that produce oak logs, and have the ability to convert pure essence into either one earth or nature rune. Giant ents are also useful in the Farming skill.
Giant ent pouchEdit
|124 ( 3,100)|| 29.4|
|Create XP||Use XP||Low alch||Hi alch||GE price|
|GE Database||Cost to make||Bogrog shard return||Shard return level|
|Look up price||4,024|
|87 ( 2,175)||82|
|I can summon a giant ent familiar with this.|
|This pouch must first be created as an Uncharged Summoning pouch.|
Giant ent pouch is made by using a Summoning pouch on a Summoning obelisk with 124 spirit shards, a Green charm and a willow branch in the inventory. Making the pouch earns 136.8 experience points. Using the pouch to summon a Giant ent gains 1.6 experience points, and costs 8 Summoning points.
Acorn missile scrollEdit
|Create XP||Use XP||Special move points|
|Low Alch||High Alch||GE Price|
|140 coins||211 coins||142 coins (info)|
|GE Database||Bogrog shard return||Shard return level|
|Look up price||6 ( 150)||82|
|A scroll for a giant ent familiar.|
Acorn missile scroll enables the use of the Acorn Missile special move for a Giant ent. Using the pouch on a Summoning obelisk creates 10 scrolls.
Currently, it hits an opponent (or anyone around the opponent) twice.
If a pure essence is used on the Giant ent, it will turn into either an earth rune or a nature rune. However, experience is NOT gained from doing this. It is also required to use each pure essence individually on the Giant ent which can be a very tedious effort.
A good method is to mine pure essence and give it directly to the Giant ent to convert. This can yield upwards of 400 earth runes and 500 nature runes an hour if the player is proficient at clicking.
Giant ents have the potential to double yield when harvesting fruit from fruit trees, bushes, cacti, and belladonna. The average bonus is a 50% yield boost. However, you will not receive experience for the bonus yield. For example, on average, a fruit tree will give 9 pieces of fruit instead of 6, however you will only receive experience for harvesting the 6.
- In The Lord of the Rings, an ent named Treebeard says "Don't be hasty." The dialogue of the giant ent may be a parody of this.
- As with many other creatures and objects, the giant ent's examine is a pun.
- In the Funorb game Armies of Gielinor, the Titan Ent uses the giant ent's image.
- Currently both the ent's foraging ability and ability to spawn acorns with a scroll are broken.
- If talking to Quercus with the giant ent, extra dialogue can be heard.
- Oddly enough, this dialogue can be understood without the normal 10 Level Requirement, despite not being able to understand the familiar any other time without it.
- The giant ent is also able to talk in full, normal sentences, rather than slow, one-worded spurts like when it it spoken to directly.
Tree • Dying tree • Dead tree • Dead tree covered in snow • Evergreen • Burnt tree • Jungle tree • Achey Tree • Oak tree • Willow tree • Teak tree • Maple tree • Hollow tree • Mahogany tree • Arctic pine • Eucalyptus tree • Yew tree • Magic tree • Cursed magic tree • Bloodwood tree • Elder tree • Crystal tree
Ailanthus tree • Cedar tree • Cinnamon tree • Dramen tree • Dream tree • Mastic tree • Sassafras tree • Swaying tree • White tree • Windswept tree • Evil holly tree • Evil hawthorn tree • Blisterwood tree
Calquat tree • Dramen Tree Spirit • Fyburglars tree • Giant ent • Golden Apple Tree • Grand Tree • Ivy • Leafy palm tree • Nice tree • Tree spirit • Undead tree • Scrapey tree • Spirit tree • Sq'irk tree • Strong tree • Wintumber tree • Witchwood tree • Young tree