|Release||17 February 2016 (Update)|
|Look out, it wants to eat you!|
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|0 / 0 / 0|
4 ticks (2.4s)
The Giant Mimic is a larger, boss version of the Treasure Hunter Mimic. It is located in Alice's Treasure Chamber, and may be fought for free up to five times per day during the promotion for a selection of prizes. The Giant Mimic may be fought additional times per day, beyond the five kill limit, by the use of a Mimic kill token. It was originally available between 00:00 UTC on 18 February 2016 until 23:59 UTC on 28 February 2016 with the main promotion ending at 23:59 UTC on 22 February 2016.
The Giant Mimic returned to Gielinor in the Revenge of the Giant Mimic Treasure Hunter promotion, which lasted from 00:00 UTC on 17 November 2016 until 23:59 UTC on 21 November 2016. On this second promotion, in addition to the traditional assortment of rewards, a new selection of rewards were made available from large and huge loot crates: the Shard of despite weapon token, the Shard of suffering weapon token, and the Shard of chaos weapon token. Additionally, the Mimic plushie was added as a super-rare reward from the Giant Mimic itself, like the Mimic tongue cape. This time the Giant Mimic remained until 23:59 UTC on 29 November 2016.
The Giant Mimic has four versions of difficulty: beginner, medium, hard and elite. Depending on the difficulty of the fight chosen by the player, the Giant Mimic's combat level, life points, and combat mechanics will vary accordingly (see below).
|Difficulty||Combat Level||Life Points||Recommended Combat Level|
The mimic always has a basic ranged attack where it spits out coins, and a melee attack where it licks the player with its tongue. It will use a random special attack after every three basic attacks.
The Giant Mimic has three special attacks:
- Charge: the Giant Mimic charges the player, dealing high damage. Its target location is marked with green arrows similar to those from Detonate. It will also stun the player if they are caught in it. On non-elite difficulties this attack is notified with the text "The mimic prepares to charge!"
- Coin launch: The Giant Mimic opens its mouth and sends out three batches of coins (visually same as its ranged basic attack, but slower and do not hone in) at your location. On non-elite difficulties this attack is notified with the text "The mimic launches gold coins at you!"
- Leap: the Giant Mimic jumps and lands on the position you were standing when it jumped. Deals extremely high damage if you are caught by the Mimic. The Beginner version does not use this attack. On medium and hard difficulties this attack is notified with the text "The mimic leaps into the air."
On hard and elite difficulties, the Giant Mimic will summon two minimics when it falls below specific life point amounts (65,000 on hard, and 106,666 and 53,333 on elite), which rapidly heal the Giant Mimic for 325 life points each on the hard difficulty, or 400 life points each on the elite difficulty. Any attacks that deal damage to the Giant Mimic will instead heal it for the same amount while the minimics are alive. The appearance of the minimics is notified with the message "The minimics protect the Giant Mimic from harm."
In the elite difficulty the player does not receive warnings about the Giant Mimic's special attacks in the chatbox - only the animations of the mimic telegraph its attacks.
You have 2 minutes and 30 seconds to kill the Giant Mimic; if you take too long to kill the Mimic, the Mimic will swallow you and toss you out the portal. Any failed Mimic attempts do not count as a kill (won't deplete the five free kills or consume a mimic kill token).
The Giant Mimic's special attacks always deal the same damage and largely cannot be mitigated other than by dodging.
|Difficulty||Charge||Coin launch (each batch)||Leap||Normal max hit|
Depending on the difficulty of the encounter selected by the player, the Giant Mimic drops a variant selection of rewards, contained within loot crates. For all the rewards contained within those loot crates, see their respective articles. Killing the mimic on any difficulty has a chance to unlock the Mimic pet.
|Huge loot crate||1||Always||Not sold|
|Large loot crate||1||Always||Not sold|
|Medium loot crate||1||Always||Not sold|
|Small loot crate||1||Always||Not sold|
- ^ Only received if the player should select and successfully defeat the Giant Mimic on the elite difficulty level.
- ^ Only received if the player should select and successfully defeat the Giant Mimic on the hard difficulty level.
- ^ Only received if the player should select and successfully defeat the Giant Mimic on the medium difficulty level.
- ^ Only received if the player should select and successfully defeat the Giant Mimic on the beginner difficulty level.
|Mimic plushie||1||Very rare||30,414,429|
|Mimic tongue cape||1||Very rare||81,961,898|