This article is about the clothes. For the miniquest, see Ghostly robes (miniquest).
This article is about the robes obtained from the Ghostly robes miniquest. For the item used as a ghost costume during Ghosts Ahoy, see Bedsheet.
|Release date||18 April 2005 (Update)|
|Quest item?||Yes - Ghostly Robes miniquest|
|Alchemy||Cannot be alchemised|
|Store price||Not sold|
Ghostly robes are a set of magic armour that make the wearer translucent. They are Members-Only, and can be obtained from completing a small miniquest after a player has a Ring of Visibility from Desert Treasure.
A player must speak to various ghosts found throughout RuneScape. You must speak to them in order. Each will tell you their story, direct you on to the next ghost, and give you a piece of the Ghostly robes set.
There are 3 different alternatives for each player as to where and which ghosts a player needs to talk to in order to get each Ghostly item. Half of the items are in the Wilderness. Locations will vary for each player.
The full set of ghostly robes can be stored in a Magic Wardrobe in the Costume room, saving bank space when not in use. If you lose them, go to the ghost you got it from. It's also good to get more than one. To do that, just drop the robes you have acquired each time you speak to the Ghost. The robes are now often worn with a Spirit shield, as it also is translucent.
Since They have no defence or magic requirements to wear, It has the highest magic bonus a character with level 1 Defence can have.
- Valdez - Talk to him to start the miniquest. Gives the Ghostly robe top.
- Rennard - Gives the Ghostly gloves.
- Kharrim - Gives the Ghostly boots.
- Lennissa - Gives the Ghostly robe bottom.
- Dhalak - Gives the Ghostly hood.
- Viggora - Gives the Ghostly cloak.
Combined, the full set gives these bonuses:
A player wearing ghostly robes
|[view] • [talk]|
- If you talk to Evil Dave while wearing full ghostly robes and have a hellcat follower, he will say "That outfit is TOTALLY EVIL! And you've got an evil cat too! To be honest I'm a little bit scared of you!"
- While wearing the ghostly robes and travelling through the desert on magic carpet, you can also see through the carpet at the part your character stands on.
- Occasionally, after a long period of lag, the ghostly robes will turn white, while remaining partially transparent.
- When cutting Tier 1 Citadel timber, your Ghostly Robes might turn blue.
- When standing on the second level of the mining plot in the citadel, wearing the Ghostly Robes causes the player's body to appear invisible.
- Shadow sword, a 2 handed sword that completes the ghostly robes set.
- Spirit Shield, a transparent shield that compliments the set, although it can't be used with the shadow sword which is two-handed. Usually combined with Zuriel's staff or the Slayer staff.