- RuneScape uses the British convention for floor numbering: Ground floor, first floor, second floor, etc.
|Location on World Map|
|Mahjarrat Ritual Site Cavern||←||Ghorrock||→||Frozen Waste Plateau|
Ghorrock is an abandoned Zarosian fortress located in The North, to the west of the Ice Plateau. Only the lower two above-ground floors, the two dungeon levels, and the exterior can currently be accessed. There is at least one more floor that cannot be reached as well as numerous doors and trapdoors that cannot be opened. The fortress is entered via arches in the southern wall. An intact statue of General Khazard is present in the fortress's courtyard. Completing a small portion of The Temple at Senntisten quest is required to melt the "Ice Block" and enter the fortress.
Until the addition of The Temple at Senntisten quest, Ghorrock was believed to have been destroyed during the God Wars, like the rest of Zaros's settlements (e.g. Carrallangar). The location at which the Ghorrock Teleport leaves players, in the Frozen Waste Plateau, suggested that the fortress had been completely destroyed, with no existing remains. However, the quest revealed that Ghorrock actually still remains, albeit being further north-west than previously believed. This means that Ghorrock is the last of the Second Age Zarosian settlements still in existence.
Ghorrock houses a legendary artefact, called Frostenhorn in human tongue by the Fremennik. It is actually not a horn that freezes, but a horn that magnifies power, in this case the cold climate of the location. After the removal of the horn, the dungeons began to thaw, creating many waterfiends and icefiends.
Ghorrock can only be accessed upon reaching a certain stage of The Temple at Senntisten quest.
- From the Rellekka Hunter area (fairy ring code: DKS) take the canoe to the Mahjarrat Ritual Site Cavern, then pass the ice block to the east. This is highly advised, as it allows one to skip the Wilderness and potentially many player killers. Though, a heat globe is needed to pass Ice Block, don't forget it!
- After the completion of Ritual of the Mahjarrat, players may use the Glacor Cave (fairy ring code: DKQ) to access Ghorrock instead, gaining the Stone of Jas damage boost in the process. Run north from the ring to the cavern exit, then north again across the ritual site to the tunnel into the wall that leads to Ghorrock. The north side of the tunnel is enclosed by debris and safe from iron dragons. Clan avatars can not pass the tunnel shortcut.
- Both the Ice Plateau Teleport and Ghorrock Teleport spells teleport the caster to locations in the Wilderness that are relatively close to Ghorrock, although at different places. The Ice Plateau Teleport arrives at the Ice Plateau in Level 52-53 Wilderness, while the Ghorrock Teleport arrives a bit further way, in Level 45 Wilderness south of the fence that separates the free-to-play Wilderness from the members' Wilderness. A nearby gate in the fence, however, allows players to easily run to the fortress from the arrival point.
- There is a Wilderness obelisk in level 44 Wilderness near the Ice Plateau. As with the Ghorrock teleport, this is south of the high-level wilderness fence but the nearby gate again can be used.
- From any canoe station on the River Lum from Edgeville and south, take a canoe to the Wilderness canoe station and then run north-west to Ghorrock or run west to use the nearby Wilderness Obelisk in Level 35 Wilderness. Be aware that the Wilderness Obelisks teleport players to random obelisks, so it can often take several teleports to reach the Level 44 one.
Map of GhorrockEdit
Irons and steel dragons patrol the grounds surrounding the structure. They do not enter inside the fortress, but their long-range dragonbreath attacks can strike the player in the southern part of the courtyard. As their dragonfire hits extremely high, an anti-dragon shield or antifire potion is necessary (however they are not aggressive).
During The Temple at Senntisten the fortress's dungeon is home to a small number of waterfiends and icefiends as well as the ice demon. After the quest, the dungeon contains a large number of aggressive level 120 icefiends on the top floor and level 140 waterfiends on the lower. The dungeon is a multicombat area.
- With the Wilderness and free trade on 1 February 2011 update Ghorrock was given a western entrance so players don't have to go through the Wilderness. Take the boat from Rellekka Hunter area to the Mahjarrat Ritual Site Cavern, and pass the ice block in the east.
- The ruined entrance at south side of Ghorrock fortress has a very similar model to that of some ruins outside Daemonheim peninsula.
Cities, Fortresses, and Settlements of Zaros