- This quest has a quick guide, found here, which briefly summarises the steps needed to complete the quest.
This article is about the quest. For the titular cat, see Fluffs.
|Release date||28 July 2003 (Update)|
|“|| Gertrude's cat has been missing for some time now. This has got Gertrude very worried, so could you help rescue her prized pet?
Handling cats isn't an easy business. They get hungry and need plenty of attention, but if you're the pet type, then this is the quest for you!
- Developer: Tom W
- Conversion: Ian T, Jon S
- Audio: Ian T
- Developer 2: Ali F
|Start point||Go to Gertrude's house which is just west of Varrock.|
|Items required||Items from the toolbelt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added. |
|Enemies to defeat||None|
Head west from Varrock along the road towards Gunnarsgrunn (Barbarian Village) and you will come across Gertrude's house. Head behind it and pick up a doogle leaf if you haven't done so already. Go inside and talk to her; she will tell you that she has lost her cat named Fluffs. She asks you to go and talk to her children, Shilop and Wilough, in Varrock Square.
Travel to Varrock square and speak with the children. They will tell you that they have a secret hideout where they took Fluffs with them, but won't reveal its location until they get something in return. Give them 100 coins in exchange for the information.
Head to the Lumber Yard, the secret hideout, which is north-east of Varrock, north of the Earth altar. Once at the lumber yard, look for a broken fence on the west side that you can squeeze under. Climb up the ladder in one of the buildings and you will find Fluffs.
When you try to pick her up, she refuses to move, and also seems thirsty. Use the Bucket of milk on her. Try and pick her up again, but she stills refuse to move and is now hungry. Use the doogle leaves on the raw sardine to make a doogle sardine, which Fluffs will happily eat. Be sure to click through the entirety of the dialogue, or you'll have to give her another doogle sardine for the next prompt.
Try and pick her up again and she still refuses to move. The game will inform you that kittens can be heard nearby. Remember the jiggling crates you saw downstairs earlier? Climb down the ladder and search the jiggling crates until you find the one with three little kittens inside. The kittens will be in different crates for different players.
Go back to Fluffs and use the kittens with her. She'll run back home to Gertrude's house with the kittens (if you drop the kittens, they will run back to the same crate).
- 1 Quest Point
- 1,525 Experience
- A kitten (If you lose your cat/kitten, you can buy another from Gertrude for 100 coins)
- Chocolate cake
- 2 Treasure hunter keys for use in Treasure Hunter.
- 2 Hearts of Ice for use in Treasure Hunter.
Required for completingEdit
Completion of Gertrude's Cat is required for the following:
- Icthlarin's Little Helper
- Purple cat (miniquest)
- Recipe for Disaster/Freeing Evil Dave
- A Tail of Two Cats
- Varrock Tasks:
- Medium: "A Lick of Paint" and "Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!"
- Ardougne Tasks:
- Easy: "A Cat is For Life..."
- The name Gertrude may be a reference to Gertrude Of Nivelles [626-17 March 659] who was a saint and patron of cats.
- Shilop and Wilough have t-shirts with the first letter of their name. This may be a reference to Fred and George Weasley from the Harry Potter series.