Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Release date||1 August 2005 (Update)|
|Removal date||24 October 2012 (Update)|
|Examine|| • He's come to offer a wish! |
• The blue dude with magic powers.
The Genie appears after players have selected a genie lamp from the random event gift. The Genie appears near players and gives them an experience lamp, which may be rubbed to raise a selected skill's experience by 10 times the current level of the particular. For example, if the player has level 30 in Herblore, they would gain 300 Herblore experience if the skill is chosen.
Therefore, a lamp can be useful in gaining Prayer and Slayer experience, especially at higher levels, where conventional methods either provide very little experience or is very expensive. This is also a good way to level up the Summoning skill without requiring to spend coins or charms.
Prior to the random event updates he appeared as a random event in his own right and gave the lamp to players when spoken to. If ignored he would teleport them to a random location.
- The Genie random event has been discontinued. When Jagex mentioned that Random events were being reviewed, many people campaigned to save the Genie random event (i.e. not to remove the random event). Although it doesn't appear as a random event anymore, if you choose the experience lamp from the random event gift, the Genie will appear to give the player the lamp.
- For a time after the release of RuneScape HD, the random event Genie's chathead was still rendered with the old low detail version of character chatheads. This since been fixed, but since his Random Event has been removed, it is irrelevant, as you can no longer see his chathead.
- A hidden update on 12 August gave the Genie random event interface a new look.
- If you try to pick up the lamp in the cave of the evil Genie, he will say: 'Hey get your hands off my house.'
- If you try to pick it up with telekinetic grab, he will say: 'Hey, no casting spells on my house!'
- Unlike most NPCs, his hairstyle cannot be used.
- Genie used to address players as Master or Mistress in front of their username before it was discontinued.
- Interestingly, the Genie has 3 stripes on his face, like Hazeel, the Oracle, Vannaka, and Duradel.
- Before the Genie random event was discontinued, it was possible to get the event in the underwater section of the Quest Recipe for Disaster. When he appeared, he would be wearing the diving apparatus. This is still possible to achieve by choosing a lamp from a Random Event Box while in either the crab pen or 'Rum'geon.