- This article has a strategy guide here.
- This article has a strategy guide here. (Hard mode).
- General Graardor is a God Wars Dungeon boss and is called the 'Bandos Boss' in RuneScape's Quick Chat feature.
|Release date||28 August 2007 (Update)|
|XP per kill||4430 (and 1461.9 experience)|
|Always drops||Ourg bones|
|Examine text||A huge war chief.|
|Release date||30 April 2013 (Update)|
|XP per kill||16350 (and 5395.5 experience)|
|Always drops||Ourg bones|
|Examine text||A huge war chief.|
|Release date||4 March 2013 (Update)|
|XP per kill||0 (and 0 experience)|
|Examine text||A huge war chief.|
General Graardor is the leader of the army of Bandos within the God Wars Dungeon. He is the last known surviving member of the ourg race, a species of powerful ogre-like creatures who were bred by Bandos himself for his armies, and which almost completely died out over the course of numerous wars.
General Graardor has no weakness and moderately high defence, and cannot be stunned or poisoned. He attacks with a powerful stomp that can frequently hit over 1500 damage. He also has a Ranged attack that is capable of hitting all players in the room for up to 500+ damage. Additionally, he has three minions: Sergeant Strongstack, who uses melee; Sergeant Steelwill, who uses Magic; and Sergeant Grimspike, who uses Ranged. Since the update on the 28th of January increasing Graador's maximum hit by 800-900 and the ease of K'ril Tsutaroth, he became the second most popular God Wars boss, with the prior having full worlds and several people attempting to take said worlds every hour. He is the only monster in the game to drop the Bandos hilt, used to construct the popular Bandos godsword. Because he is the second most popular God Wars Dungeon boss, the supply of Bandos hilts is the second highest of all godsword hilts. As a result of the moderate availability and the low effectiveness, the Bandos godsword has the lowest price of all godswords. However, he also drops the highly coveted parts of the Bandos armour set, making competition fairly intense.Graardor's melee attack is a bone breaking arm thrust that can deal for very large amounts of damage, up to 2200+. In addition, he may perform a ranged attack by punching the ground with his right fist creating a shock wave that hits everyone in the room. Contrary to popular belief, his range attack is not magical range.
To reach General Graardor, players must enter the Bandos encampment of the God Wars Dungeon to the north-west, requiring 70 Strength. To enter his lair, the player needs to have killed 40 Bandos followers. Many players choose to kill goblins and Spiritual Rangers to achieve the killcount, as they are the weakest followers of Bandos.
Details regarding General Graardor's history are sparse. The ourg race, inclusive of Graardor, arrived at Gielinor from Yu'biusk in the early Third Age along with ogres, goblins, and orks. However, it is likely that Graardor was born some time during the God Wars.Graardor, during the late Third Age, was one of Bandos' most favoured soldiers. Like many ourgs, such as Yokrad and Blorgak, his talents earned him many leadership positions in Bandos's army. His strategic military tactics, as well as his simple physical strength, made him an ideal leader. Graardor's physical strength was such that he eventually learned to fight both with weaponry and with his bare hands.
Most of Graardor's accomplishments during the God Wars have been long-forgotten. As seen in the FunOrb strategy game Armies of Gielinor , Graardor is known to have actively participated in the Bandosians' efforts to repel Guthixian forces in what is now the Wilderness, in what would have been the late Third Age. Given the game's approach to Canon, certain elements of Graardor's role in the game may not be canonical.
Graardor appears in both the "God Wars" and "End of An Age" levels, and in both features as a prominent enemy of the player, who commands Bandos's forces. During the "God Wars" level, which is set in the northwest Wilderness, Graardor commands the Bandosian army in what gradually becomes an all-out five-way battle between the forces of Bandos, Saradomin, Armadyl, Zamorak, and Guthix . Other key Third Age leaders such as Pazuzu, Wingman Skree, and Brother Constantius were amongst those whom Graardor faced.
Graardor also makes an appearance in the game's final level, "End of An Age." The level represents one of the God Wars' final battles, during which many forces clashed with the Guthixian army. Graardor, Commander Zilyana, Dag'eth, and other Third Age leaders are amongst those present. Although Guthix is ultimately victorious during the battle, Graardor and a number of other leaders evidently managed to escape, and later re-emerged.
Graardor's last task in Bandos's forces came in the late Third Age, when a hasty alliance between Bandos, Saradomin, and Armadyl fought against Zamorak in what is now called the God Wars Dungeon of Troll Country. The battle was evidently fought in an effort to claim the godsword, an extremely powerful weapon crafted by the Icyene, which has the fabled power to kill a god.
Although initially the battle was fought only between Zamorak and the Alliance, distrust between the Gods' armies quickly led to the conflict erupting into four-way chaos. Graardor, content with this, oversaw the construction of a rudimentary base of operations in an offshoot of the cave. This fortress, now known as "Bandos' Stronghold," served to house both Graardor and troops rotating out of combat in the main chamber. Graardor himself was placed under the protection of Goblin Sergeants Strongstack, Steelwill, and Grimspike.
During the course of the fighting, a spell cast by an unknown army backfired upon the entire cavern, freezing the entire cave perfectly in place. Graardor was amongst those left imprisoned. Very shortly after this occurred, the god Guthix established the Edicts of Guthix, preventing the direct involvement of any deity in Gielinor. The departure of the world's Gods and the subsequent end of the God Wars meant that the cavern was forgotten, and Graardor would remain frozen in time with its warring armies for more than 2,000 years to come.
In the recent Fifth Age, investigations by both the dwarven explorer Nestor Peregrine and the Asgarnian Temple Knights nearly resulted in the cave's (and Graardor's) rediscovery. In 169, tectonic movement in the neighbouring Wilderness caused large portions of the cave to defrost, eventually leading to the release of most of the cavern's population. Unaware that the God Wars have ended, Graardor and the rest of the battle's leaders have resumed the battle for the godsword once again, seemingly unaware that centuries have past since the end of the wars
The World WakesEdit
|“||Puny balance god stop wars returning. Bandos - almighty war god - desire battle, so Graardor create it.||”|
When the archaeologist Orlando Smith discovered the last resting place of Guthix in 169 of the Fifth Age, Graardor was the leader of the Bandosians trying to infiltrate the temple in their Attempt to assassinate Guthix. Graardor, not very intelligent, was the last general from the God Wars Dungeon to arrive. Trying to reach the central chamber, each of the gods' factions attacked one store room wing (while Zilyana and her army stormed in after the others were defeated). Graardor eventually managed to brutally make his way into one of the store rooms, only to be met by Thaerisk Cemphier, Chaeldar and a powerful adventurer. Determined to slay Guthix, return Bandos and fight in another God Wars, Graardor charged the trio with his minions. After a tough battle, he was defeated and, forced to flee, exited the room speedily.
When fought in hard mode and during The World Wakes, General Graardor has a selection of attacks and abilities at his disposal, which he will use periodically. They are as follows.
General Graardor will yell "Graardor smash!", smashing his fist into the ground and causing rocks to fall from the ceiling. Shadows will appear in the area they are about to fall, and they can be avoided by running away. Players will be dealt with 600-1000 damage per rock, and being hit by multiple rocks is extremely dangerous.
When General Graardor crouches in a defensive stance and says "Graardor protect!", half of the damage dealt will be sent back to the player, similar to Deflect Curses. It's easy to counter it by not attacking him.
When General Graardor yells "Graardor mad!", he will stop moving and rapidly punch the area in front of him for massive damage. This can be avoided by running behind him and continuing to attack him from there.
QuotesEditWhen in battle, General Graardor may utter the following quotes, all of which are voiced as of 10 January 2011:
- "Death to our enemies!".
- "Break their bones!".
- "For the glory of Bandos!.
- "Split their skulls!".
- "We feast on the bones of our enemies tonight!".
- "Crush them underfoot!".
- "All glory to Bandos!".
- "FOR THE GLORY OF THE BIG HIGH WAR GOD!"
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Ourg bones (General Graardor) 1 Always 7,348
- Represents 90% confidence range, based on a sample of 1,188 kills.
1 charm is dropped at a time.
- Please add to the log (only if 15 or more creatures killed).
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Rune pickaxe 1 Common 18,804 Rune 2h sword 1 Common 37,902 Rune longsword 1 Common 18,711
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Rune platebody 1 Common 38,842 Bandos chestplate 1 Rare 9,580,278 Bandos tassets 1 Rare 5,075,452 Bandos boots 1 Rare 2,059,587 Bandos gloves 1 Rare 3,412,007 Bandos warshield 1 Rare 100,501 Bandos helmet 1 Rare 7,089,956
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Nature rune 60–70 Uncommon 6,660–7,770
Gems and OresEdit
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Adamantite ore 15–20 Common 22,995–30,660 Coal 115–120 (noted) Common 31,970–33,360
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 19,902–21,000 Common Not sold Snapdragon seed 1 Common 2,179 Femur bone 1 Common Not sold Magic logs 15–20 (noted) Uncommon 25,335–33,780 Super restore (4) 3 Uncommon 4,923 Grimy snapdragon 3 (noted) Uncommon 11,343 Long bone 1 Uncommon Not sold Curved bone 1 Uncommon Not sold Godsword shard 1 1 Rare 148,785 Godsword shard 2 1 Rare 149,492 Godsword shard 3 1 Rare 149,604 Bandos hilt 1 Rare 917,642 Clue scroll (hard) 1 Rare Not sold Starved ancient effigy 1 Rare Not sold Spin ticket 1 Rare Not sold The glory of general graardor 1 Rare Not sold Clue scroll (elite) 1 Rare Not sold
Rare drop table dropsEdit
|Show/hide rare drop table|
- ^ Estimated at 1/282 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
- ^ Estimated at 1/272 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
- ^ Estimated at 1/276 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
- ^ Only obtainable during the Fur 'n' Seek/Wish list.
- ^ Estimated at 1/546 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
- ^ Estimated at 1/554 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
- ^ Estimated at 1/508 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
- ^ Estimated at 1/390 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
- ^ Dropped to all players in the room, alongside one of the rare unique item drops.
- Graardor is one of several in-game characters to feature on a set of downloadable RuneScape Duel Cards.
- During the 2009 Easter Event and 2010 Easter event, while sorting the defective nuts, players could also find various other objects. One of these was a Graardor plush toy; in the 2010 event the squirrel Big Ben mentions that they arrived as part of a shipping error.
- A poster depicting General Graardor can be purchased from the Jagex Store. Shortly before the release of The Chosen Commander, a t-shirt depicting the face of Bandos was also made available; however, its appearance was nearly identical to that of Graardor. He also appears on 12-month RuneScape membership cards.
- When you kill General Graardor, like most monsters found in the God Wars Dungeon, you will get your Ring of wealth shining brightly before the drop is shown.
- When you kill General Graardor, your Adventurer's log will say "I killed General Graardor, a huge warchief."
- Killing more then one will result in "I killed # General Graardors, all huge warchiefs."
- A computer wallpaper depicting Graardor can be found on the Official RuneScape Website.
- Graardor features in various Armies of Gielinor adverts sometimes seen on the Funorb website. In it, he is shown punching towards the viewer before the game's logo appears.
- In December 2009, the Jagex Store was temporarily taken down while parts of the site were re-worked. When visiting the website, the only accessible page featured a picture of General Graardor, along with the message "Coming This December."
- On the official RuneFest website, Graardor can be seen on a panel offering event tickets.
- A puzzle box featuring Graardor can be obtained on Elite Treasure Trails.
- Prior to the release of The Chosen Commander on 17 March 2009, General Graardor referred to Bandos as the "Big High War God" in his battlecries.
- Until an update on 6 May 2009, General Graardor dropped big bones instead of ourg bones.
- An update allowed Graardor and the other God Wars Dungeon bosses to be able to talk in quotes, which can be heard within melee distance.
- If his ranged attack fails to hit you, it seems to splash as if a spell cast had failed, even though it is not a magical ranged attack.
- In the 2012 Sizziling Summer banner, Graardor is depicted wearing a red bikini with white polka dots with an ice cream cone in hand.
- General Graardor is the only God Wars Dungeon boss without wings of some kind.
- Graardor's indication that his ranged attack has hit is the same animation that happens when Sergeant Steelwills magic attack has hit.
- General Graardor's enhancement announcement On January 28th, 2013, General Graardor received an announced buff, which increased his melee attacks maximum hit to 3000 and made his melee attack more effective.
- General Graardor, along with Commander Zilyana, K'ril Tsutsaroth, Kree'arra and Nex, appear in the quest "The World Wakes"
- Despite his race, which was bred for war, which should make him very durable, he has the least amount of lifepoints out of any of them, although he does have the highest hit out of any original God Wars generals.
- In The World Wakes, Graardor hates bugs. This is shown if you send Valluta and Fiara to combat him, in which Fiara will attempt to attack Graardor, who smashes her with his fist.
- During The World Wakes, when Graardor uses his special attack, he shouts "Graardor Smash!". This is a reference to the Incredible Hulk's "Hulk Smash!".
- Before the Evolution of Combat update, Graardor had a max hit of 610 with his melee attack, which was the third highest unless you do not count Nex's ice prison attack.
God Wars Dungeon Bosses
|Preceded by||Title||Succeeded by|
|Nomad||Strongest quest monster defeatable by conventional means in RuneScape (4 March, 2010-Present||Incumbent|