Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
General Graardor is one of the most popular of the five God Wars Dungeon bosses to kill, as he is arguably one of the easiest, but players should not take him too lightly. To enter Bandos's Stronghold, players must have at least 70 Strength and a hammer (tool belt works). To get to the boss room, players must kill 40 minions of Bandos in Bandos's Stronghold or the main God Wars Dungeon area.
Getting the Kill CountEdit
The best monsters to build killcount on now are the spiritual rangers in Bandos's Stronghold, providing you have the required 63 Slayer. If you do not have the required slayer level to combat Spiritual rangers, it is recommended that you fight Bandosians in the northwest corner of the main room, as these are generally lower level than the minions within the stronghold. It is best to kill goblins when possible, compared to hobgoblins or jogres because of their higher life points. Orks can be killed if the player wishes, due to having the same amount of life points as goblins and are very close to each other. When using magic the ability Corruption Blast can greatly help to quickly increase your kill count as it does a lot of damage to the creatures around you without making them agressive. Another advantage to this ability in the godwars dungeon is that it is likely that the monsters will kill each other and if tagged by you will grant you the kill count for that faction.
Because Graardor is one of the easiest of the five bosses, he is commonly killed. Once players get 40 killcount, they will then be able to kill General Graardor for a chance to get his famed helm, chestplate, tassets, gloves, boots and shield. He also drops excellent common drops, dropping more moderate levelled resources compared to K'ril or Kree'arra, who tend to drop high level materials less often. It was once hard to find a world for this boss, but the popularity of other bosses or the effectiveness of instancing for faster kills has made pretty much every world free.
The best way is to go north of the big door to the chamber room, and hop there so a misclick won't make you lose your 40 killcount. A Zamorak/Nex item is optional.
Here are General Graardor's basic attacks:
- Melee attack: He thrusts his right arm for a bone-crushing blow. This can deal extremely high damage, up to 3000 but doesn't tend to hit over 1800 (900 with Melee prayers)
- Ranged attack: Graardor only uses this when he is attacking a player outside of melee range. He smashes his hand into the ground creating shockwaves. This is not as accurate now, but can still deal over 600 life points of damage occasionally. This attack hits everyone in the room.
Whenever players decide to fight General Graardor and his minions, Sergeant Steelwill, Sergeant Strongstack, and Sergeant Grimspike, will attack the players simultaneously.The players will attack Graardor first. When Graardor dies, some players attack Steelwill first, while others attack Grimspike because of his higher damage rate. However after the Evolution of Combat it doesn't matter much anymore which one is attacked first. If you have a 2 handed weapon it is advised to use Quake and Hurricane when the minions stand together to deal damage to multiple at the same time. Users with Soulsplit can switch to this prayer after General Graardor dies to heal some health back from the minions. It is advised to bring the Enhanced excalibur for extra healing during or after the kill. Players that use an instance at a fast or regular speed can use Regenerate after killing the minions to heal some health back for the next kill. More advanced player may decide to use abilities such as Freedom and Anticipate to Stall Adrenaline for the next kill which helps when trying to get the most kills per hour. Advanced players can get upto 70 kills per hour when using the optimal setup and having some experience at this boss.
General Graardor drops Ourg bones (General Graardor) which are worth a significant amount when you bank them using a Pack Yak or with the help of magic notepaper. If you dont have either of those or are not interested in the bone drops you can decide to take a Bonecrusher and a Demonhorn necklace to gain back a lot of prayer points after every kill. This can be useful for making trips longer and giving more inventory space for food instead of prayer potions.
It is advised to keep Protect from Melee on at all times during the killing of General Graardor. Damage taken during the kill can be healed back from food drops which the minions commonly drop or from food brought by the player.
After the Evolution of Combat update, Graardor has no weaknesses to any point of the combat triangle. This allows for players to range, mage and melee him at their own accord. A player with 80+ combat stats and a reasonable prayer level (60+) can expect to prevail against Graardor at least once before having to bank.
Graardor strangely has very high ranged defense despite not having any weaknesses, so range setups are not recommended.
As of late, Soloing for high level players is very common.
- Attack: Slice, Sever, Smash, Hurricane, Overpower, Slaughter, Massacre, Berserk, Backhand
- Strength: Dismember, Cleave, Fury, Quake, Assault
- Defence: Anticipation(no shield or adrenaline required)
- Health: Regenerate
- Adrenaline keep: Anticipation, Escape, Freedom, Devotion
- (non prayer method): 6-8 prayer potions
- Rest of familiar is food (sharks or better)
- all food if using prayer method
- A Blood Nihil can be used by advanced players that dont need additional food
Duo and trio teams tend to be common among lower level players. These teams require medium stats, such as T70 or T80 weapons and armor, as well as the Prayer level requirements to use Piety.
- Does not work with LootShare enabled.
- Attack: Slaughter, Massacre, Slice, Berserk, Backhand, Sever
- Strength: Fury, Dismember, Assault
- Health: Regeneration
Since the Evolution of Combat, General Graardor no longer has any weakness. This opens up the ability to mage him. This has proven to be very effective if opting for a barrage spell. Because of the multi-hitting nature of the barrage spells, the sergeants can be killed more than once per boss kill. This typically results in 7 killcount per boss kill, instead of the usual 4. This means more chance at loot, which is very desirable. The same can be achieved by using the abilities Chain, Dragon Breath and Corruption Blast which can save money you would use for expensive blood runes.
- 2 super magic flasks/Overloads (6)
- 2 Super prayer renewal potions (you can recharge prayer every 10 minutes at the altar in the room)
- God wars teleport
- 3-5 Super restore potions (Super Restore potions are a relatively common drop.)
- Suggested to bring a BoB familiar to bring more supplies
- 1 extra familiar pouch
- Bones To Peaches tablets (this is optional, but will provide extra food on each round. Peaches heal 400 LP each)
- Runes for High Alch. Runes for combat spells when going with a magic setup.
- Rest of inventory (and if using BoB familiar), fill with sharks or better
- Auras (Vampyrism, Penance, Supreme Reverance, and Supreme Runic Accuracy are highly recommended, as they will allow you to save some resources and you will be able to cycle through them indefinitely. You can also destroy them after they have been used, freeing up an inventory space. You will be able to reclaim these for free from Xuan.)
Tips and TricksEdit
- Killcount is slightly harder now. When grabbing the killcount, you should do it in Bandos's Stronghold because it is full of Bandosians and a few Zamorakians. If you grab the killcount outside, avoid using your multi-hitting attacks. The spiritual rangers inside die very fast. If you run low on health, avoid eating your rocktails and instead use the Regenerate ability when your health runs low.
- Avoid killing Spiritual mages for the killcount unless you are ranging, as they are now more resilient to melee attacks but weaker to range attacks, unless you want to make profit from your killcount.
- When killing Graardor by yourself, you certainly want to reduce the damage since without any sort of healing (minus food) during a kill, it can be dangerous if you cannot kill him fast enough. Stay at the top right corner of the room so when Graardor spawns, you should only have Grimspike and him starting to attack you, and during the kill the other two will eventually come to his aid. You can save much food doing this.
- Since Graardor will not hit often (melee armour is strong against respective melee and ranged attacks), the use of Saradomin brews and super restores are usually pointless when killing him. A set of Prayer flasks and rocktails is good enough to last for over 20 kills if you are lucky with food drops.
- The Bandos altar is useful for recharging prayer. It will recharge your Prayer points completely, and also +10 (1) Prayer points for every Bandos item you have. After recharging your Prayer, you must wait 10 minutes to do so again. Remember you cannot use this while in combat.
- The tank should stay near Graardor's spawn point.
- While waiting for the boss to respawn, stay on the altar corners. When Graardor spawns, only he and Sergeant Grimspike will attempt to attack you. The other two Sergeants will not attack you unless you get too close to them or you manage to hurt Graardor enough. This is useful as Sergeant Steelwill's attack is short-ranged, and will save a lot of food.
- Organise drops carefully. Unless you have a pack yak to deposit all Graardor's drops or magic notepaper, it is not recommended to pick the bones up unless you bury them.
- Using the ability Debilitate may be useful against Graardor, as it can allow a safe use of Soul Split. Berserk is not recommended unless the player is not tanking or has a sip of Adrenaline potion in their inventory.
- Prayer potions are not usually needed in quantities more than 1-3 as the altar can recharge your prayer points every 10 minutes and because of the frequent super restore drops, along with an ease of killing the boss.