General Graardor is one of the most popular of the five God Wars Dungeon bosses to kill, as he is arguably one of the easiest, but players should not take him too lightly. To enter Bandos's Stronghold, players must have at least 70 Strength and a hammer (tool belt works). To get to the boss room, players must kill 40 minions of Bandos in Bandos's Stronghold or the main God Wars Dungeon area.
Getting the Kill CountEdit
The best monsters to build killcount on now are the spiritual rangers in Bandos's Stronghold, providing you have the required 63 Slayer. If you do not have the required slayer level to combat Spiritual rangers, it is recommended that you fight Bandosians in the northwest corner of the main room, as these are generally lower level than the minions within the stronghold. It is best to kill goblins when possible, compared to hobgoblins or jogres because of their higher life points. Orks can be killed if the player wishes, due to having the same amount of life points as goblins and are very close to each other. When using magic the ability Corruption Blast can greatly help to quickly increase your kill count as it does a lot of damage to the creatures around you without making them aggressive. Another advantage to this ability in the God Wars dungeon is that it is likely that the monsters will kill each other and if tagged by you will grant you the kill count for that faction.
Because Graardor is one of the easiest of the five bosses, he is commonly killed. Once players get 40 killcount, they will then be able to kill General Graardor for a chance to get his famed helm, chestplate, tassets, gloves, boots and shield. He also drops excellent common drops, dropping more moderate levelled resources compared to K'ril or Kree'arra, who tend to drop high level materials less often.
Instances are highly recommended for faster kill rates, though inexperienced players should use the non-instanced room until they get comfortable with fighting Graardor.
The best way is to go north of the big door to the chamber room, and hop there so a misclick won't make you lose your 40 killcount. A Zamorak/Nex item is optional.
Here are General Graardor's basic attacks:
- Melee attack: He thrusts his right arm for a bone-crushing blow. This can deal extremely high damage, up to 3000 but doesn't tend to hit over 1800 (900 with Melee prayers)
- Ranged attack: Graardor only uses this when he is attacking a player outside of melee range. He smashes his hand into the ground creating shockwaves. It is not as accurate as his melee attack, but can hit everyone in the room.
During the fight, General Graardor and his minions, Sergeant Steelwill, Sergeant Strongstack, and Sergeant Grimspike, will attack the players simultaneously. The players should attack Graardor first. Once Graardor dies, the minions should be attacked.
It is advised to keep Protect from Melee on at all times during the killing of General Graardor. Higher level players may alternatively wish to use Soul Split, as most of the damage from Graardor and his minions can be easily negated while using Soul Split with a high leveled weapon.
If you have a 2 handed weapon it is advised to use Area of Effect attacks (Quake and Hurricane for melee and Dragon Breath and Chain for magic) when the minions stand together to deal damage to multiple at the same time. Users with Soulsplit can switch to this prayer after General Graardor dies to heal some health back from the minions. The order of preference in killing the minions is up to the players, although it is generally a good idea to first kill the minion whose combat style the player is weak to, in line with the combat triangle.
It is advised to bring the Enhanced excalibur for extra healing during or after the kill. Players that use an instance at a fast or regular speed can use Regenerate after killing the minions to heal some health back for the next kill. More advanced player may decide to use abilities such as Freedom and Anticipate to Stall Adrenaline for the next kill which helps when trying to get the most kills per hour.
General Graardor drops ourg bones which are worth a significant amount when you bank them using a Pack Yak or with the help of magic notepaper. If you don't have either of those or are not interested in the bone drops you can decide to take a Bonecrusher and a Demonhorn necklace to gain back a lot of prayer points after every kill. This can be useful for making trips longer and giving more inventory space for food instead of prayer potions.
Well prepared players can get up to 70 kills per hour when using the optimal setup and having some experience at this boss. A player with 80+ combat stats and a reasonable prayer level (60+) can expect to prevail against Graardor at least once before having to bank.
Graardor has no specific weaknesses to any point of the combat triangle. However, as his ranged affinity is extremely low despite his moderate Defence level, it is better off to mage or melee him.
Recommended equipment Edit
- Attack: Slice, Sever, Smash, Hurricane, Overpower, Slaughter, Massacre, Berserk, Backhand
- Strength: Dismember, Cleave, Fury, Quake, Assault
- Defence: Anticipation(no shield or adrenaline required)
- Health: Regenerate
- Adrenaline keep: Anticipation, Escape, Freedom, Devotion
- (non prayer method): 6-8 prayer potions
- Rest of familiar is food (sharks or better)
- all food if using prayer method
- A Blood Nihil can be used by advanced players that don't need additional food
Duo and trio teams tend to be common among lower level players. These teams require medium stats, such as T70 or T80 weapons and armour, as well as the Prayer level requirements to use Piety.
- Does not work with LootShare enabled.
- Attack: Slaughter, Massacre, Slice, Berserk, Backhand, Sever
- Strength: Fury, Dismember, Assault
- Health: Regeneration
Since the Evolution of Combat, General Graardor no longer has any weakness. This opens up the ability to mage him. This has proven to be very effective if opting for a barrage spell. Because of the multi-hitting nature of the barrage spells, the sergeants can be killed more than once per boss kill. This typically results in 7 killcount per boss kill, instead of the usual 4. This means more chance at loot, which is very desirable. The same can be achieved by using the abilities Chain, Dragon Breath and Corruption Blast which can save money you would use for expensive blood runes.
- 2 super magic flasks/Overloads (6)
- 2 Super prayer renewal potions (you can recharge prayer every 10 minutes at the altar in the room)
- God wars teleport
- 3-5 Super restore potions (Super Restore potions are a relatively common drop.)
- Suggested to bring a BoB familiar to bring more supplies
- 1 extra familiar pouch
- Bones To Peaches tablets (this is optional, but will provide extra food on each round. Peaches heal 400 LP each)
- Runes for High Alch. Runes for combat spells when going with a magic setup.
- Rest of inventory (and if using BoB familiar), fill with sharks or better
- Auras (Vampyrism, Penance, Supreme Reverence, and Supreme Runic Accuracy are highly recommended, as they will allow you to save some resources and you will be able to cycle through them indefinitely. You can also destroy them after they have been used, freeing up an inventory space. You will be able to reclaim these for free from Xuan.)