|Release date||24 November 2004 (Update)|
|High Alch||630 coins|
|Low Alch||420 coins|
|Store price|| 490 coins|
|Exchange price|| 8 charges:|
|Examine||An enchanted necklace.|
The Games necklace can be made (only by members) by casting Enchant Level 1 Jewellery on a sapphire necklace, and can be used eight times before crumbling to dust. This item is popular for players to recharge Amulets of glory, as the new Distraction and Diversion Troll Invasion is close to the Heroes' Guild. The item is extremely useful, considering the relative ease of creating it. Only games necklaces with eight or one charges may be traded to other players on the Grand Exchange.
The number of charges remaining is shown in brackets in the item name. E.g., "Games necklace (8)". Note that only the Games Necklace (1 & 8) can be sold on the Grand Exchange, while the other necklaces can be traded to other players, but not through the Grand Exchange.
It currently costs 120.875 coins for each teleport. If the player sells the necklace with one charge on the Grand Exchange, 1792 coins could, in theory, be gained.
The Games necklace can now be used as an effective banking method, as there is a bank chest just south of Troll Invasion.
A player wearing a games necklace
A player using enchanted jewellery to teleport
|[view] • [talk]|
The necklace can be used to teleport a player to:
- Burthorpe Troll Invasion
- Corporeal Beast (only after completion of Summer's End)
- Gamers' Grotto
- Barbarian Outpost
- Burgh De Rott (requires 500 total levels in Temple Trekking)
- Tears of Guthix (only after completion of Tears of Guthix)
Dropping monsters Edit
Monster Combat level Quantity Rarity Skeleton 13,21,142 1 Common
- The games necklace used to have the ability to teleport you to the Wilderness Volcano even after the Bounty Hunter activity had been removed. This option was replaced with the option to teleport to the Corporeal Beast's cave.
- If you have not completed Summer's End, the Corporeal Beast option is still included with the right-click options when wielded, but clicking it will yield the message "You can't go there until you've completed Summer's End."
- The games necklace first appeared in both F2P and P2P later it was made purely P2P resulting in many F2P players having a necklace reading "Members Object"
- When you equip a 7 charged Games' Necklace, your character will be darker.
Ram skull helm (e) • Witchdoctor mask • Icicle crown • Sunbeam crown •Wicked hood • Completionist hood • Mask of Broken Fingers • Helm of the Dead Hand • Mask of Stone • Helm of Petrification • Mask of Reflection • Helm of Little Kings • Mask of the Kura • Helm of the Kuraski • Mask of the Abyss • Helm of Warping
Desert amulet 2 3 4 • Games necklace • Digsite pendant • Skills necklace • Amulet of glory (t) Camulet • Cramulet • Amulet of nature • Drakan's medallion • Dominion medallion Super • Seal of passage • Remora's necklace