|Release date||9 August 2005 (Update)|
|Location||Tai Bwo Wannai|
|Examine|| A native of Tai Bwo Wannai.|
Gabooty is one of the natives in Tai Bwo Wannai Village, a small village located on Karamja. He wanders around inside the village walls and acts as the village store. In order to see him you need to have completed the quest Jungle Potion. Both stores can only be used after asking Gabooty what he does around there, after which they will be unlocked for future right-click use. Unlike regular stores, Gabooty uses trading sticks for currency, these may be earned in the Tai Bwo Wannai Cleanup minigame. Gabooty also hands out trading sticks to players who have the appropriate favour percentage and who have not asked him for sticks in a while.
Gabooty is also the destination for a medium clue challenge scroll with the anagram "Got A Boy". He will give you a challenge scroll, asking how many buildings are in the village, the answer to which is 11.
Gabooty's Tai Bwo Wannai Cooperative Edit
Gabooty's first store sells the following items:
- Tribal top - 300 trading sticks
- Villager robe - 250 trading sticks
- Villager hat - 200 trading sticks
- Villager sandals - 100 trading sticks
- Villager armband - 150 trading sticks
- Opal machete - 500 trading sticks
- Jade machete - 1000 trading sticks
- Red topaz machete - 2000 trading sticks
He will also purchase the following from players :
His red topaz machetes are especially popular for players doing either the Legends Quest or the Tai Bwo Wannai Cleanup minigame since both require heavy machetes use and the topaz machete is the strongest and fastest of all the types.
Gabooty's Tai Bwo Wannai Drinky Store Edit
Gabooty's second store is a collection of gnome cocktails, apparently the villagers have developed a taste for them since a gnome crash-landed with a glider a few steps away from their home. He sells the following :
- Fruit blast - 30 trading sticks
- Drunk dragon - 30 trading sticks
- Pineapple punch - 30 trading sticks
- Wizard blizzard - 30 trading sticks
- Blurberry special - 30 trading sticks
- Choc saturday - 30 trading sticks
- Gabooty's name is probably drawn from that of the nation of Djibouti (jih-boo-tee), which is located in Africa. Karamja is based on the jungles of Africa and the Caribbean, so it is probably a reference to that relation. Despite this, Djibouti is located on the east coast of Africa and contains no jungles, instead cointaining a very arid climate.