|Release||10 January 2011 (Update)|
|A mage who has mastered the art of smoke magic.|
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|65 / 43 / 21|
3 ticks (1.8s)
Fumus is one of the four mages guarding Nex at the Ancient Prison located in the God Wars Dungeon. Each of these mages has mastered one of the elements of the ancient spellbook, with Fumus being the master of smoke.
During the normal Nex encounter, Fumus' attacks have a chance to poison players, similar to Nex's smoke attacks during the first phase, causing about 250-350 poison damage until it disappears.
|Ancient ceremonial mask||1||Rare||7,725|
|Ancient ceremonial legs||1||Rare||44,684|
|Ancient ceremonial top||1||Rare||68,116|
|Ancient ceremonial boots||1||Rare||5,643|
|Ancient ceremonial gloves||1||Rare||6,919|
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
|Key token||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Mimic kill token||1||Very rare||17,837|
Angel of DeathEdit
Fumus also plays a role during Nex: Angel of Death. He is stronger in this encounter, having increased combat stats and also using abilities. When Nex reaches 2,100,000 life points, she will summon Fumus along with his fellow mages Umbra, Cruor and Glacies.
Fumus does not immediately appear in the fight; rather, a smoke amalgamation takes his place. If the amalgamation is destroyed or its bar is filled, Fumus will then appear and attack the players, with slight changes based on the actions of the players. If the amalgamation was destroyed, Fumus will be significantly weakened, only having 150,000 life points; if it wasn't destroyed in time, he will appear with 300,000 life points.
- As with the other mages, Fumus's name is derived from a Latin word fumus, meaning 'smoke'..
- Like the other mages of Nex, Fumus' armour looks similar to that of the Virtus armour. The only major difference is the colour.
- Prior to the God Wars Dungeon graphical update, Fumus wore Ancient ceremonial robes that had a somewhat grey tint on them.
- Fumus, along with Umbra, Cruor, and Glacies, has a damage cap of 1300 in the normal Nex encounter.
- Like Nex during the Smoke phase, Fumus can cause poison to players he can attack. However, following the Evolution of Combat, Smoke spells lower a player's accuracy rather than causing poison. This may be an oversight by Jagex.
- Players with an aggressive familiar can have them attack Fumus (or the other mages) in the normal encounter, but until Nex calls their name, they will not suffer any damage.