|Release date||10 January 2011 (Update)|
|High Alch||1 coin|
|Low Alch||0 coins|
|Destroy||This key is very fragile and will break if dropped.|
|On death||Not reclaimable from gravestone|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Examine||A small, cold key.|
The Frozen key is used to open the frozen door in the God Wars Dungeon. Behind the door is the Ancient Prison, containing Zaros' followers and their leader, Nex. The key is combined from four parts, each one dropped by a combatant of the other four gods in the God Wars Dungeon — however, only monsters in the gods' strongholds drop the parts (through the door, across the river etc). This makes level 70 Strength, Agility, Ranged and Constitution necessary to obtain the key. Note: NONE of the stats can be boosted. Completion of The Dig Site quest is also a requisite for putting the key together.
Once created, the key has 10 charges. A charge will be used each time the frozen door is opened. A key with can be repaired by Bob in Lumbridge for a cost based on your Smithing level. The cost of repairing one charge varies from 49,200 coins at 1 Smithing to 10,000 coins at 99 Smithing, with 400 coins saved per Smithing level. You can also repair it on an armour stand in a player-owned house, where the cost will work in exactly the same way. The God Wars frozen key will no longer get destroyed when running out of charges; it will need recharging before it will unlock the door again.
NOTE: Upon death the Frozen Key will NOT be protected by player gravestones, so it is advised to select it if possible if confronted with the death interface.
This key cannot be put onto the steel key ring.
|Frozen key piece (armadyl)||1|
|Frozen key piece (bandos)||1|
|Frozen key piece (saradomin)||1|
|Frozen key piece (zamorak)||1|
- The key looks identical to the ragged elemental key from the Elemental Workshop III quest and similar to the lever key from the Buyers and Cellars quest except for the colour. The key pieces also have the same inventory icons as the mask parts from the Mask of dragith nurn.
- During the Wild Weekends: Double Drops (19–21 May 2012) and Winter Weekends: Double Drops (1-3 December 2012), all the keys could be found in double, but you could only pick one, making the other useless.
- Frozen key piece (armadyl)
- Frozen key piece (bandos)
- Frozen key piece (saradomin)
- Frozen key piece (zamorak)
- Update:Patch Notes (19 April 2011)
God Wars Dungeon-related items
|Robes of subjugation|
|Ancient ceremonial robes|