|Release||19 July 2010 (Update)|
|High alch||0 coins|
|Low alch||0 coins|
|Exchange||11,949 coins (info)|
|Examine||Hmm. I doubt a dog would enjoy eating these.|
Frost dragon bones are obtained by killing a frost dragon in the resource dungeon located at the Asgarnian Ice Dungeon. Asgarnian Ice Dungeon is located south of Port Sarim. When buried, they give 180 Prayer experience each. This can be increased to 630 experience using a gilded altar in a player owned house with both burners lit or the Chaos Temple altar in the Wilderness, and 720 when used with the Ectofuntus. You do not gain any extra experience whilst burying in the Wilderness, only the experience from boosts such as prayer pendants. Frost dragon bones are the second best tradeable and reobtainable bones in the game and the third best bones in the game (after the ancient bones which give 200 experience each and reinforced dragon bones with 190 experience), giving 2.5 times the experience of dragon bones and 28.6% more experience than ourg bones.
Without a familiar, players can gain approximately 575,000 Prayer experience per hour using frost dragon bones on a gilded altar with both burners lit, at the cost of -10,905,833 coins. Using a Pack yak can bring the rate up to approximately 1 million experience per hour. At this rate, players can get from 0 to 200 million experience in about 200 hours of playtime, at the cost of -3,793,333,333 coins.
Frost dragon bones can be obtained by non-members from frost dragons in Daemonheim or from Daily Challenges; they are members-only items outside Daemonheim. When used on an altar inside of Daemonheim, players receive 720 experience.
Cost and XP analysisEdit
|Experience||180||630||720||810 (Total)||450 (Prayer) + 360 (FM)|
|Cost per XP||-66.4||-19||-16.6||-14.8 (Total)||-26.6 (Prayer) or -33.2 (FM)|
- It is assumed that two burners are lit while using the gilded altar and does not include the cost of clean marrentill.
|Profit||Skill requirements||Other requirements||Experience|
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
|Falador resource bundle||N/A||1||Unknown|
|Frost dragon (Dungeoneering)||43; 61; 81; 99; 119; 138||1||Always|
|Memory of Nomad||N/A||6||Uncommon|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||20.8%|
- Previously, when frost dragon bones were used on the bone grinder at the Ectofuntus, the name of the bones was omitted and only a blank space resulted.
- Shortly after Bot Nuke Day, frost dragon bones quickly rose in price from around 10,000 coins all the way up to 19,706 coins within a month. They began to slowly decrease in price as bots slowly returned.
- A player choosing to use frost dragon bones all the way from 1-99 Prayer, using a gilded altar with lit burners and no other experience boosts, would, if all the bones were bought at the current Grand Exchange price, spend 247,219,708 coins.
- Using the Ectofuntus would cost 216,317,244 coins, but would take far longer. Simply burying the bones would cost 865,268,978 coins.