|Release date||12 March 2013 (Update)|
|Perform a frenzied attack lasting at your target's current location for 3.6 seconds. Every 1.2 seconds dealing 80-180% of weapon damage. Each subsequent hit gains an additional 10% damage to both minimum and maximum hit. If your target moves they will take no damage.|
Click animation for full size
Frenzy is an ultimate Strength ability. The in-game ability description is incorrect: It actually hits targets standing in front of the user and deals up to 80-180% ability damage on the first hit with subsequent hits increasing by 10% minimum ability damage (additively) and 20% maximum ability damage (additively) each time. This ability lasts 4.2 seconds and is channelled, hitting four times.
In PvP it is debatable if this ability is useful for a kill. If the target is not stunned or bound, then they can simply move around during the 4.2 second channelling, effectively wasting the ability.
In the Duel Arena with the 'No-Movement" and "No Food" options toggled on, this ability can be very useful, providing the target doesn't have a stun or various shield abilities prepared.
The ranged equivalent of this ability is Unload.
Massacre is the other ultimate ability of dual-wielding.
- Much higher damage output
- As an ultimate ability, both drain your adrenaline bar completely.
- Frenzy is a combo attack, so it does not work if the opponent moves away from you
- Always stun your opponent before using Frenzy.
- Use Anticipation before using this ability to avoid getting stunned while hitting your target
- If you have 83 Herblore, use Slaughter, lure your target, drink an adrenaline potion and then use Frenzy. This will deal a large amount of damage.
- Using Escape might be the best way to dodge Frenzy as it takes a long time for your opponent to catch up to you.
- Reflect could both halve the damage you receive and severely damage your opponent, leaving them in a dangerous state.
- Before the Frenzy ability was modified, Frenzy did not do damage equal to 20% against Bosses. Instead, there was a damage cap of 1,250 for every successful hit. This was removed in a later combat update, and now there is no known cap against bosses.