Fremennik names are given to a player at the end of The Fremennik Trials quest. This name accompanies the player throughout the whole RuneScape game, unless it is changed with the Ring of Charos (a). Using the power of the Ring of Charos (a), players may ask Brundt the Chieftain for the Fremennik name to be changed. Doing so yields a new random name for that player.
The name is used to call the players while they are in Rellekka, Lunar Isle, Mountain Camp, Miscellania and Etceteria (except if previously crowned), Neitiznot, Jatizso, Waterbirth Island, and the Barbarian Outpost.
Names do not appear to be gender specific as some have been assigned to both genders (e.g. Rakkir, Raktor, Thorrak, Tonkar). Also, it appears as though names are generated by using one of 16 different prefixes (Bal, Bar, Dal, Dar, Den, Dok, Jar, Jik, Lar, Rak, Ral, Ril, Sig, Tal, Thor, and Ton) and one of 17 different suffixes (dar, dor, dur, kal, kar, kir, kur, lah, lak, lim, lor, rak, rar, tin, ton, tor, and vald). That would indicate potentially 272 different Fremennik names are available.
Players may also have an honorific title added to their names under certain circumstances. These include the title of 'Far-strider' after completing the hard tasks in the Fremennik Province Tasks set, and titles of "Rockcrusher", "Spinewielder" and "Skullbearer" when wearing Rock-shell armour, Spined armour and Skeletal armour respectively. For example, the name 'Talkur' would become 'Talkur Far-strider' after completing the hard tasks in the Fremennik Province Tasks set.
List of known Fremennik namesEdit
- Baldur is the god of male beauty and light in Norse mythology it is also a refrence to the Dungeons and Dragons game Baldur's Gate.
- If players switch genders after receiving their Fremennik name, they will keep the Fremennik name, possibly indicating that names are not gender specific.
- There is a bug where Fremennik names change on their own, where an extra suffix is added, for example "Thorvald" changing to "Thorkarvald", all on its own. Of course this is a bug because it defies how Fremennik names work in general (1 prefix, 1 suffix). This rare bug has existed for many years, and Jagex is yet to patch it. The only way to fix the irritating effects of this bug is to change your Fremennik name with a Ring of Charos (a), receiving a random name.
- One male name you can get is Ballak. This name is very similar to Bal'lak, the name of a demon in Daemonheim.
- Jarvald and Thorvald, which are possible names, are also names of Fremennik NPCs.
- For reasons unknown, the Fremennik of Daemonheim will NOT call the player by their Fremennik name; even if they have completed the Fremennik Trials quest.