|Release date||9 December 2008 (Update)|
|Area(s)||Rellekka, Jatizso, Neitiznot, Waterbirth Island, Miscellania, Barbarian Outpost and Lunar Isle|
|Lamp XP rewards|| 5,000|
40,000 + 3x 30,000
|Taskmasters||Council workman, Yrsa and Advisor Ghrim|
To complete the entire Fremennik Province Tasks, you will need the stats shown to the right, as well as various Quest requirements (shown below).
Completing the entire Fremennik Province Tasks except the Elite tasks and the Livid Farm task (despite being counted as a hard task) is a requirement for the quest Blood Runs Deep.
If your skill level is not high enough to complete a certain task, temporary boosts may be available to raise it to allow completion. See skills for more information.
|Task||Description||Quest(s) Needed||Skill(s) Needed||Item(s) Needed||Notes|
|1. Bring the Antipoisons||Kill a cave crawler in the Fremennik Slayer Dungeon||None||10||
|2. Why Won't You Die?||Kill five rock crabs on the shore near Rellekka or on Waterbirth Island||None||None||Combat Gear|
|3. King Conifer||Find the highest tree on the Fremennik mainland||None||None||None|
|4.Assaulted Goodies||View the rewards in the Barbarian Assault tutorial||None||None||Games Necklace (recommended)||
|5. Oxymoron Incarnate||Speak to Otto Godblessed about barbarian training||None||None||Games Necklace (recommended)|
|6. Why Did the Lobster Blush?||Collect three seaweed from the shore north-east of Rellekka||None||None||None||
|7. Hunting the Hunter||Find the Hunting expert (Trollweiss) on the northern ice plains||None||None||None||
|8. Peer Off the Pier||Catch a fish off one of Rellekka's piers||None||16||Harpoon, rod with bait, or small fishing net.|
|9. A Familiar Feeling||Recharge your Summoning points near Rellekka's gate||None||None||None||
|Kill an adult black unicorn||None||None||Combat Gear|
Easy Task TipsEdit
- For doing some of the tasks the fairy ring transport is very useful as it leaves you near some of the tasks. Fairy Ring code A•J•R is near the slayer cave, and code D•K•S is near the northern shore of Rellekka, on the slope of the snowy mountains.
- Take all necessary materials/armour and teleportation runes beforehand so you don't have to go far to a bank.
- If you are struggling to find the 'highest tree' then go up the snowy mountain near the fairy ring and walk to the tree.
- For the seaweed, rock crabs, black unicorn and cave crawler tasks, go to the area north of the slayer cave. Collect the seaweed then kill the crabs. On your way to the slayer caves kill the black unicorn, then go inside the cave and kill the crawler.
- If you have the required fishing level to catch fish without a harpoon, you will also complete a Hard task, thereby shortening your tasks.
- For the seaweed, you can just pick up one seaweed at the Fremennik shore, drop it, and repeat.
- For pures that wish to stay 1 summoning. You may summon a Spirit Wolf and recharge your summoning points at the obelisk without gaining noticeable exp. (You gain 0.1 exp but due to rounding down the game will still show 0 exp in your skills interface.)
Easy Task RewardsEdit
The Fremennik Sea Boots 1 allows you to:
- Antique lamp - 5,000 experience in any skill over 30. (This is the only easy task set whose reward is a 5,000 experience lamp; usually it's only 1,000 experience.)
|Task||Description||Quests needed||Other requirements||Notes|
|Fremennik History 101||1 - Learn the history of the Fremennik and the Outerlanders from Chieftain Brundt||The Fremennik Trials||None||
|Cool Story, Bro||2 - Watch a shouting match between Fremennik Isles tower guards. The towers are where Jatizso and Neitiznot face each other across a strait, one on each side.||The Fremennik Isles||None||
|Who's a Good Boy?||3 - Interact with a Pet rock||The Fremennik Trials||None|
|Only Takes a Little Vial||4 - Make three vials in the furnace building at Rellekka||The Fremennik Trials||33|
|You Know You Want It!||5 - Charm the Fossegrimen into accepting a raw bass||The Fremennik Trials|
Garden of Tranquillity
|Yak Attack||6 - Wear yak-hide armour and kill an ice troll||The Fremennik Isles||20||
|Fremmental||7 - Make a Cheese Wheel in the dairy churn in Rellekka||The Fremennik Trials||48|
|Fairy Mountaneering||8 - Use a fairy ring to appear on a mountaintop, near the windswept tree||A Fairy Tale Part II - Cure a Queen (Fairy Ring access)||None||Fairy ring code: D•K•S|
|You Really Don't Need Any More Shoes||9 - Look at Yrsa’s options for recolouring your boots in her clothes shop in Rellekka||The Fremennik Trials||None||
|Big Game Hunter||10 - Successfully hunt a sabre-toothed kyatt||None||55|
|Grand Theft Fish||11 - Steal a fish from the fishing stall in the Rellekka marketplace||The Fremennik Trials||42||
Medium Task TipsEdit
- Use protect prayers to kill the troll. Can either be Ice troll Male or Female
- For a quick and easy way to complete the hunter task at 50 hunter, make sure you have an enchanted lyre with you when you take a dip in the spa. First dip in the salt-water spring, then the mud bath, teleporting with the lyre afterwards for a quick and easy run to the hunting area. Alternatively, use a house teleport to a house in Rellekka (be sure to change the teleport option to transport you outside of the house portal).
- It´s possible to do the medium task at lvl 48 hunting using both the mud and saltwater bath from As a First Resort... (Spa) in combination with an Arctic Bear The only downside to this is the moderately high summoning requirement.
- When killing an Ice Troll, you can weaken it with other armour (i.e. not yak-hide armour), but the killing blow must be dealt while wearing yak-hide.
Medium Task RewardsEdit
In addition to the Easy rewards, the new boots allow for the following:
- Shortcut jump between the piers of Miscellania and Etceteria while wearing the boots. Step on the 'Broken pier' at the north end of the Miscellania pier.
- Increases your approval rating faster than normal at Miscellania and Etceteria.
- Once per day they can be used to teleport with the lyre without spending a charge. You need to be carrying your lyre to be able to use this free teleport.
- Antique lamp - 10,000 experience in a skill over level 40.
|Task||Description||Quest/s needed||Other requirements||Notes|
|Defeating Deadly Dagannoths||1 - Kill three dagannoths in the first layer of the Waterbirth Island Dungeon||The Fremennik Trials||High combat skills recommended|
|Dress to Impress||2 - Wear rockshell, spined or skeletal armour and have the locals use an honorific with your Fremennik name||50 and optionally 50 or 50 depending on armour type||
|The Graceful Barbarian||3 - Complete the Barbarian Outpost Agility Course||None||35 , and have completed the bar crawl miniquest.||
|Runes on the Moon||4 - Mine pure essence on Lunar Isle||Lunar Diplomacy||60||
|Pyre At Will||5 - Make a barbarian pyre ship from arctic pine logs||None||52 , 52 , and 54 (for obtaining log)|
|Fish Fingers||6 - Catch a tuna without a harpoon||None||Complete the bare-handed section of the Barbarian Training, 35 , and 55||
|Easy As Pie||7 - Bake a pie using Magic||Lunar Diplomacy||65 , be on the Lunar spellbook, and have an uncooked pie in inventory. (Note: You must have the cooking level required for the pie that you are trying to bake.)|
|How To Maim Your Dragon||8 - Kill a Mithril dragon||None||Complete the firemaking section of the Barbarian Training.||
|A Periodic Table||9 - Get mahogany from your Etceterian subjects||Royal Trouble||Sufficient coins in the royal coffers combined with sufficiently high approval rating for a minimum time duration of one day.||
Hard Task TipsEdit
- It might be easier and cheaper to buy raw materials needed for the armour (Skeletal armour, Spined armour or Rockshell armour) and then have them made by Skulgrimen.
- It is not required to kill the spirit that emerges from the pyre.
- Chewed or mangled bones are needed to make the funeral pyre. Mangled bones are dropped by the Confused Barbarian. He is located in an alcove in the ancient cavern near the brutal green dragons, and is weak to water spells. Be careful when making the pyre with these bones as a level 152 angry spirit will attack, and can hit into the 300s frequently.
- It is not required to catch the tuna in Rellekka, you can use any harpoon spot, for example in Catherby.
- If you are worried about killing the Mithril Dragon because you are a low level, you can attack the one by the ladder until you run out of food, teleport to camelot, bank, use games necklace to get back to the cavern and repeat the process. The dragon will retain most of your damage from the previous encounter, making it much easier to kill. This is not recommended, but you can be successful this way. Also consider bringing a high-level friend to bless your grave.
- If your kingdom already has resources which you have not collected, talk to Advisor Ghrim and he will ask you if you wish to see what your subject have collected, select "no". Adjust your settings so you have workers collecting mahogany logs, and then close the screen. Start up a new conversation with Advisor Ghrim and this time ask to see what they have collected. You will have Mahogany logs, assuming you have enough money and workers set to Mahogany logs.
Hard Task RewardsEdit
In addition to the Easy and Medium rewards, the new boots allow for the following:
- The ability to change the lyre teleport destination to Waterbirth Island by talking to Olaf the Bard.
- The ability to sell flatpack furniture to Advisor Ghrim. All money made this way will be put directly into the kingdom's coffers. Advisor Ghrim does not accept noted flatpack furniture. Also, be aware that he will only buy your flatpacks at 10% of the value of the materials used to make them.
|Jaws Breaker||Catch a shark with your bare hands on Jatizso||The Fremennik Trials|
Fishing section of Barbarian training
|Limber Lumber Jumper||Complete the high-level section of the Barbarian Agility course while wearing an agile top||Complete the Barcrawl||90 [B]|
|Astronomical!||Craft 56 or more astral runes simultaneously||Lunar Diplomacy||82||
|First Stryke||Kill an Ice strykewyrm||None||93||
|Leap of Faith||Jump the chasm in the Fremennik Slayer Dungeon to gain quick access to the pyrefiends||None||81 [B]||
|No Smoke Without Pyre||Make a pyre ship from magic logs||Firemaking section of Barbarian Training||85 [B]|
|This Hasta Work||Smith a rune hasta on Otto's anvil||Tai Bwo Wannai Trio|
Smithing section of Barbarian training
|Potting With Otto||Make a Super ranging mix potion in Otto's hut||Herblore section of Barbarian Training||80 [B]|
|Axe'll Grease||Use Balmung to kill a Dagannoth||Blood Runs Deep||75|
In addition to the Easy, Medium and Hard rewards, the new boots allow for the following:
- The Dagannoth Kings will drop some noted items
- Deal more damage to the Dagannoth Kings
- Gain access to a new area in Jatizso mine containing 3 adamantite and 2 mithril rocks. A new NPC, Hallvar, inside the area will also offer you to convert ores in your inventory to certificates. (or notes)
- Further improved rate of gaining approval on Miscellania and Etceteria
- Ability to toggle lyre teleport destination to Jatizso or Neitiznot (talk to Olaf the Bard)
- Trade up to 28 Suqah teeth or hides with Rimae Sirsalis for 9 noted pure essence each, every day.
- Switching back to the ordinary spellbook, using the NPC Contact spell.
- Antique lamp - 40,000 experience in the skill of your choice over level 89
- Antique lamp - 4 x 30,000 experience in the skill of your choice over level 86
Full list of items neededEdit
- 3 molten glass
- 3 Bucket of sand
- 3 Soda ash
- Yak-hide armour (Body and Legs)
- A raw bass
- Ring of Charos (a)
- Your Lyre
- A bucket of milk (or just a bucket)
- 500 coins
- Teasing stick
- Equipment to kill three level 74/92 dagannoths as well as a level 304 mithril dragon
- Either full rockshell armour, full spined armour or full skeletal armour
- Any pickaxe (or inferno adze)
- Any hatchet (or inferno adze)
- Either chewed bones or mangled bones
- Your seal of passage
- Runes for the bake pie spell (1 astral rune, 5 fire runes and 4 water runes)
- An uncooked pie
- Coins to pay Etceterian woodcutters.
Items you may need during the tasksEdit
Start by speaking to Council Workman on the bridge between Seers' Village and Rellekka, Yrsa in Rellekka or Advisor Ghrim on the Miscellania.
Starting out the tasksEdit
- Verify if you have a pet rock in your bank.
- Use your lyre to teleport to Rellekka, then walk to Yrsa to start the tasks.
- If it is uncharged, either walk or use the fairy rings to get near (code D•K•S or A•J•R).
Items needed: 500 coins, 3 molten glass, 3 buckets of sand, 3 soda ash, non-Full Summoning Points, Bucket of Milk (or empty bucket), pet rock, either full rockshell armour, full spined armour or full skeletal armour.
- Look at Yrsa’s options for recolouring your boots in her clothes shop in Rellekka
- You're already there, so talk to her. You do not have to accept the transaction for it to work.
- Make three vials in the furnace building at Rellekka.
- Head to the marketplace afterwards.
- Steal a fish from the fishing stall in the Rellekka marketplace
- Lobsters do not work. Head to the main hall.
- Learn of the history of the Fremennik and the Outerlanders from Chieftain Brundt.
- Head to Askeladden if you lost your pet rock, if not, skip to step 5.
- Interact with a Pet rock
- Head to the Summoning Obelisk.
- Recharge your Summoning points near Rellekka's gate.
- Head to the churn.
- Make cheese in the dairy churn in Rellekka.
- If you only have a bucket, there are dairy cows nearby. There is also a bucket of milk respawn between the churn and the mining area.
- Wear full rockshell, full spined or full skeletal armour and have the locals use an honorific with your Fremennik name.
- Talk to either Peer the Seer, Sigli the Huntsman or Skulgrimen if you need your armour to be made. After that, find a local to make speak in your favour.
- Catch a fish off one of Rellekka's piers & Catch a tuna without a harpoon.
- Take the boat to the Neitiznot after.
Items needed:Yak-Hide armour (body and legs) Suggested Items: Games Necklace, weapon armour to kill a mithril dragon, anti-dragon shield or dragonfire shield, good food, chewed or mangled bones, hatchet, tinderbox. (If you do not take these items from the Neitiznot bank, do not use your games necklace unless you have 2 charges or more, in which case you can teleport to the Wilderness volcano where there is a bank)
- Watch a shouting match between Fremennik Isles tower guards (the guards can be found between Jatizso and Neitiznot in one of the towers)
- After this, cut an Arctic Pine for its log. Then head to the island past the second bridge (where there are no Honour Guards).
- Wear yak-hide armour and kill a male ice troll. The ice troll runts or female ice trolls do not work.
- You can wear other pieces of armour with yak-hide body and legs. Activate the Games Necklace to the Barbarian Outpost.
Items needed: Weapon armour to kill a mithril dragon, Anti-dragon shield or Dragonfire shield, good food, hatchet, tinderbox, arctic pine logs. Suggested Items: Chewed or Mangled Bones, Teleport to a fairy ring, Dramen staff or Lunar staff. If you wish to open the dragonkin forge (after While Guthix Sleeps) you may wish to bring Strange key loop and Strange key teeth as well as runes for 3 fire waves.
- View the rewards in the Barbarian Assault tutorial.
- Head to the agility course.
- Complete the Barbarian Outpost Agility Course.
- Head to Otto's Grotto (so if you die in the dungeon, you at least have finished the easy tasks in here.)
- Speak to Otto Godblessed about barbarian training.
- Head to the Whirlpool.
- Kill a mithril dragon.
- If you do not have mangled or chewed bones on you, get some in the dungeon.
- Make a barbarian pyre ship from arctic pine
- If you used mangled bones, beware as a level 152 Spirit will appear. After this, teleport to a fairy ring and then Zanaris.
Items needed: Dramen or Lunar Staff, Teasing Stick, Logs (or hatchet), knife, Ring of Charos (a), Lyre,Raw Bass, Seal of Passage for Lunar bank (Unless you have done Dream Mentor).
Suggested Items: Antipoison, Weapon and armour.
- Since you are now in Zanaris , it is a good time to bank. Head to the fairy ring and use the code A•J•R. Once there, enter the slayer dungeon.
- Kill a cave crawler in the Fremennik Slayer Dungeon .
- Get out of the dungeon and use the fairy ring .
- Use a fairy ring to appear on a mountaintop, near the windswept tree.
- Using code D•K•S, head to the nearby Windswept tree.
- Find the highest tree on the Fremennik mainland.
- Head to the Hunting grounds north of here.
- Successfully hunt a sabre-toothed kyatt .
- Head to the hunter guide.
- Find the Hunting Expert on the northern ice plains.
- Head back to the beach near the fairy ring.
- Collect three seaweed from the shore north-east of Rellekka.
- Kill five rock crabs on the shore near Rellekka or on Waterbirth Island .
- Head south and kill an adult black unicorn.
- Run south-west to the Fossegrimen .
- Charm the Fossegrimen into accepting a raw bass. You need to wear the Ring of Charos for it to work.
After that, head to the Council Workman on the bridge between Seers' Village and Rellekka to claim your reward for the easy tasks. Run back to Rellekka (or use your newly Recharged Lyre) to claim your reward for the Medium Difficulty Tasks by speaking to Yrsa. Take the boat to Lunar Island.
Lunar Island, Miscellania and Waterbirth IslandEdit
Items needed: Seal of Passage, Pickaxe, Weapon and armour to kill 3 Dagannoths, Food, Money for the royal coffers, uncooked pie, runes for bake pie spell (1 astral rune, 5 fire runes and 4 water runes).
Suggested Items: Items to increase approval rating, such as pickaxes, hatchets, rakes, nets, etc.
- Head to the Lunar bank and take the required items. After that, head to the Symbol on the map.
- Mine pure essence on Lunar Isle.
- Head to the Astral rune altar.
- Bake a pie using Magic.
- Change your spellbook to Lunar's. After that, cast the spell and re-switch back. After this, head to Rellekka and take the boat to Waterbirth Island talking to Jarvald.
- Kill three dagannoths in the first layer of the Waterbirth Island Dungeon.
- Head back to Rellekka and take the boat to Miscellania.
- Get mahogany from your Etceterian subjects. See the hard task tips if you haven't already set mahogany as your resource to be collected. Also, if you require popularity, make sure to wear your newly acquired reward to ease the job.
After this, claim your reward from Advisor Ghrim.
Congratulations on your boots!
There is one hard task that is not required to get the area reward.
|Totally Livid||Unlock the first spell by helping out on the Livid Farm.||Lunar Diplomacy||70||
- On the day the tasks came out the spoilers read: Spoilers are as evil as dagger-mouths, so we locked them up till tomorrow. Maybe they'll be more respectful then.
- Behind the scenes - December stated that rewards might include "a potential 20k experience reward lamp" while the lamp which gives the most experience gives 15,000 experience. Altogether, the three lamps total 30,000 experience.
- Players were initially able to make 6 million an hour by making Magical cape racks (or Marble magic wardrobes on a lesser scale) flatpacks and selling them to Advisor Ghrim at medium Grand Exchange price, before Jagex drastically lowered the prices for these two items without warning on the 12th of December. This caused many players to lose a large amount of cash due to having the Flatpacks or Magic stones at the time Ghrim was updated. On 17 December Jagex released a post in the Recent Updates forum telling players that Advisor Ghrim had been updated for 1 week and he would be exchanging the flatpacks for money in the coffers for most (but not all) of the Grand Exchange cost of their components.
- When doing the shouting contest, the guards shout "Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of winterberries." This is a parody on the comedy movie "Monty Python and the Holy Grail".
- On the day of release for the elite tasks, there was a bug where the last task could not be completed, this had been tried with all the Dagannoths, even the Dagannoth Kings.
- If you catch two fish on the easy tasks you will be given the message that you have completed the task twice.
- On 4 April 2011, the new "Totally Livid" task was added along with the Livid Farm update. Players who had already gained Fremennik Sea Boots 3, prior to the update, still kept them, but players who had unlocked the Taskmaster emote prior to the update had to complete the task in order to re-unlock the emote.
- The task of killing a mithril dragon, titled "How to Maim Your Dragon", could be a reference to the movie "How to Train Your Dragon".
- The task "Why Won't You Die?" may be a reference to The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. The line is commonly heard during combat in the game, as well as discussions on Mudcrabs, which bear a resemblance to Rock Crabs. Alternatively, this may be a reference to the final fight scene from V for Vendetta. This is asked of V by Mr. Creedy, as V has incredible stamina after taking dozens of gunshot wounds. This may allude to the relatively high lifepoints Rock Crabs posess.
- The task "Grand Theft Fish" may be a reference to the crime of Grand Theft Auto.
- The task "Cool story, bro" is a reference to an internet meme.
- The task "Jaws breaker" is most likely a reference to the candy called Jaw Breakers.