Hi. As a user of the wikia I can't help noticing that skillcape articles are kind of baised. After all, they are items, arn't they? In-game items of clothing which can be worn. I just can't help noticing that while I browse the wiki, skillcapes are not necessarily treated as such. I'm not exactly suggesting a seperate article for the trimmed version of each cape, but shouldn't atleast the pictures of both the trimmed and untrimmed versions of the cape be displayed in the item stats template? So far, on most of the cape pages there is the trimmed version next to the stat template and the picture of the untrimmed version in the "gallery" section. Shouldn't they be in the same place?
What I propose is - and I'm happy to do this on my own if you guys give me the go-ahead, the following standardised structure for each skillcape article:
2. Cape & emote specific description to fill the vast amount of empty space generated by the fact the item stats template can't fit next to the infobox
3. The item stats, with both the trimmed and untrimmed version pictures next to it.
4. Gallery section with 99 achievment pictures and emote.
I know there must have been several topics about the skillcape pages (which is why I'm not just editing them randomly without permission), but the problem is the page structure still don't make sence. As a regular user and "customer" of the wiki, that is my opinion.
Count Spoldig 09:41, June 20, 2012 (UTC)
- Looks good. The images next to the statbox may fall under the switch template that's in the pipeline, but that can be sorted as and when we get to it. Cåm 10:26,20/6/2012 (UTC)
Just one quick question: How do you get the "detailed" picture of each cape (the ones displayed on the top left hand side of the skillcape articles.) It just happens that I am 99 Construction, but the Construct. cape page does not have a detailed cape picture. Should I drop my cape and take a picture of it on the floor with the orb of oculus, or could I go to one of the estate agents and take a close-up picture of their cape and crop it? Count Spoldig 11:02, June 20, 2012 (UTC)
- You drop it and do a close up shot with an orb of oculus. We tend to do them in POH so we can add transparency (get rid of the green background) easily. If the cape has any green elements perhaps do it on a snowy mountain. The colour contrast just makes it a bit easier to trans. Cåm 11:10,20/6/2012 (UTC)
- Needs to be bigger (increase your screen resolution if necessary), you need to have max anti-aliasing activated in game, and you need to make sure the anti-aliasing box is ticked on your graphics program when you trans it. 17:06, June 20, 2012 (UTC)