- In Explore the Seas, a ship is sent to explore the sunken city beneath Flou Tar-Shei in search of resources. The crew must beware of the mechanical golems within.
- In A Fine Expedition, the Biologist knows the location of a supply of ancient bones. The player helps her to avoid the great rocs that are native to Flou Tar-Shei to claim it.
- In Troubled Water, the player may send a ship to find a quicker route to Flou Tar-Shei by navigating the Endless Waterfalls.
- When The Jade Leviathan is spotted near Flou Tar-Shei, the player sends a ship to fight it.
- The player undertakes a Smuggling Job for the khan of Yamada Island to smuggle an assassin to the docks of Flou Tar-Shei.
- In Studying Science, the player helps the Biologist unlock the secrets of the shape-shifting flowers native to Flou Tar-Shei.
- Its name is a reference to Fluttershy from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. The people's docility and neutrality add to this allusion.