|Release||18 October 2006 (Update)|
|High alch||59,400 coins|
|Low alch||39,600 coins|
|Examine||The cape worn by the best of fletchers.|
The Fletching cape is the Cape of Accomplishment for the Fletching skill and may be purchased for 99,000 coins, alongside the Fletching hood, from Hickton's Archery Emporium in Catherby by players with level 99 Fletching. Fletching capes are turquoise in colour and have a yellow-gold trim if the player has more than one level 99 skill.
Fletching is a fast and easy skill, especially if bonus experience is used. In comparison to other skills, Fletching offers little advantages at higher levels, mainly due to the monetary loss which is made by fletching advanced equipment. As a result, it is generally considered a "catalyst 99," which is only achieved to trim a previously achieved skillcape quickly and efficiently. Fletching requires little attention, thus adding to its popularity. By using the "fletch all" option, a player can switch to something else whilst the character fletches the contents of the player's inventory.
The cape has an emote, lasting 6.2 seconds, during which the player fletches a bow. The fletching cape must be equipped in order to perform this emote.
Should a player achieve skill mastery in a second skill after Fletching, the Fletching cape will become a Fletching cape (t). The trimmed version has a gold trim and adds a +2 Prayer bonus to the cape's original stats. If 99 Fletching is not the player's first skill mastery, then the Fletching cape received will automatically be the Fletching cape (t).
Talking to Hickton gives an option to toggle the appearance of the cape to a retro version, overriding the normal appearance and making it look similar to how it did before the 2015 graphical update. Despite it not being a new item, the retro cape can be used with a keepsake key.
|Accuracy||-||-||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|[FAQ] • [doc]|
The Fletching cape's perk provides a chance to make extra bolts, arrows, and darts.
Up to three perks of the capes of accomplishment can be added to the max cape, the completionist cape, and the trimmed completionist cape and up to two perks of the capes of accomplishment of a specific skill type can be added to the respective expert cape of accomplishment. This can be done by using a cape of accomplishment with the desired perk on one of the capes. The cape of accomplishment is then lost in the process. To make space for other perks, it is possible to later remove the added perks, but with no reimbursement. All of the added perks are shared among max cape, completionist cape, and trimmed completionist cape, thus it is not possible to have different configurations of perks on the different capes.
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
|Hickton's Archery Emporium||Catherby||99,000||Coins||∞||Yes|
- Currently, 173,715 people are able to own this cape (as seen on the highscores).
- In the Fletching cape emote the player makes a composite bow, which players cannot currently fletch, apart from the ogre composite bow.
- When Skillcapes were first released, the Fletching cape was being sold in the Ranging Guild, but this has been moved due to players arguing about the 40 Ranged requirement.
- This is the one of the few skillcapes, along with the Magic cape, Range cape, Runecrafting cape and Thieving cape that the NPC doesn't talk about when you don't have 99 Fletching or even when you do. You can only buy the cape via the 'Trade' option.
- The emote for this cape was updated on 25 May 2010, adding some particle effects and changing the way the player holds the bow at the end of the emote.