Click animation for full size
The Flames of Zamorak spell required 60 Magic to cast and could do a maximum of 300 life points per spell with a charge (Zamorak cape). Flames of Zamorak lowered the target's Magic level by 5 after a successful cast. Players must have completed the Mage Arena activity and be wielding a Zamorak staff to use this spell. One could get the Zamorak cape free in the Mage Arena if they choose to pray to Zamorak. Contrary to popular belief, Flames of Zamorak did not hit any harder than the other God Spells. However, it was one of the highest hitting spells in the regular spellbook. Since this spell requires a God staff, players cannot use another staff that gives unlimited amounts of runes.
The maximum damage increases to 300 life points when the Charge spell is in effect, a tie with Ice Barrage without a staff. If using an extreme magic potion, the maximum damage increases to 360 life points (with Charge) or 280 (without Charge).
The Fire Surge spell can hit, at maximum, 308 damage when using a staff with a 10% bonus to magic damage, 322 with a Staff of Light, or 336 with a Chaotic Staff, although God Spells remain a cheaper option with lower requirements.
|1 4 2||780|
- Before a fix on 10 January 2007, the Magic level of the target would remain unchanged if the target's Magic level was above or below the normal level (such as after using a Magic potion).
- Before the 10 December updates, Flames of Zamorak was quite popular while staking in the Duel Arena in Magic-only duels, as it could lower the opponents Magic level by 5. This would disable the opponents ability to cast spells that are less than 5 levels below their normal Magic level, thus sometimes handing the duel over to the person casting Flames of Zamorak.
- As of 2 September 2009, this spell, along with Saradomin Strike, can be autocast.
- During Wanted!, the mad-mage Solus Dellagar can hit up to 960 life points with this spell (depending on the player's maximum health), but can never kill the player as Savant uses her powers to defend the player. (Prayer does not make a difference during the cast)
- When trying to bare handedly steal the wine of Zamorak, the spell will be used on, and will slightly damage the player; it is believed that the spell is used by the monks, or Zamorak himself.
- It is worth noting that distance is not a factor in how long after the spell is cast, the damage is actually applied, so when cast at the same time from a distance as an enemy casting a spell like Ice Barrage, Flames of Zamorak WILL hit first. This seems fitting, as Flames of Zamorak seems to be an "anti-mage" spell.
Monster examine • Cure other • Cure me • Cure group • Stat spy • Dream • Spiritualise Food • Stat Restore Pot Share • Boost potion share • Disruption Shield • Heal Other • Vengeance other • Vengeance • Vengeance Group • Heal Group