|Release date||18 October 2004 (Update)|
|XP per kill||166.8 (and 55 experience)|
|Always drops||Fiyr remains|
|Examine text|| •A shadowy sort of entity, kind of creepy looking.|
•The shadowy remains of a long departed soul.
|Release date||28 March 2006 (Update)|
|XP per kill||424 (and 139.9 experience)|
|Always drops||Fiyr remains|
|Examine text||The shadowy remains of a long-departed soul.|
Fiyr Shades lurk behind the silver door in the Mort'ton shade catacombs dungeon. They initially appear as very dark moving shadows on the ground and then rise from the depths to attack or retaliate. They are combat level 98 and their primary weakness is arrows. On occasion they have also been known to leave their catacombs to attack trekkers and ramblers in the town above their dark burial place. Their remains can be cremated with magic pyre logs, requiring a Firemaking level of 80. The Salve amulet and Salve amulet (e) work well on this shade which is very useful if shades are assigned for a Slayer task.
With the update of the Shades of Mort'ton minigame, their remains boasted a street price of 10k each, although the current G.E. price is: 4,023 coins. This was due to the addition of the necromancer kit, used to upgrade Dagon'hai robes, and shade skulls, a cosmetic attachment to elemental staves, which are obtained by unlocking Shade Chests with Gold Keys from their cremated remains.
They are also located in Temple Trekking, attempting to break into the houses of the three unafflicted people in Mor'ton. These Fiyr shades are level 120, attack with melee, and are weak to fire spells.
- Universal drops are dropped by every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Key token 1 Rare Not sold
- Shade Catacombs, silver shade key required to access the area
- Temple Trekking, Hard route (level 120)
- When encountered during a Trek, they are simply named 'Shade'. They still drop Fiyr remains when killed.
- In the Trek or Ramble, if they manage to break the door or the player opens the door for them, they will say "Your time has come, _______." or " It is over!, _______."
- For about a week after the release of the Evolution of Combat, these monsters retained their pre-EoC stats. This made them have high combat levels, with low life points and damage, and a weakness to crush. Their stats were changed to the levels they had in the combat beta with the release of the Ariane quests.
|Shades||Loar Shade • Phrin Shade • Riyl Shade • Asyn Shade • Fiyr Shade|
|Remains||Loar remains • Phrin remains • Riyl remains • Asyn remains • Fiyr remains • Vyre corpse|
|Pyre logs||Wood • Oak • Willow • Teak • Arctic • Maple • Mahogany • Eucalyptus • Yew • Magic • Elder|
|Materials||Olive oil • Sacred oil • Serum 207(flask) • Serum 208(flask) • Timber beam • Limestone brick|
|Rewards||Fine cloth • Shade skull • Necromancer kit|
|Locations||Mort'ton • Shade Catacombs • Paterdomus • Hallowvale|
|Monsters||Swamp creature • Juvinate • Ghast • Shade • Swamp Snake • Giant Snail • Nail beast • Vyrewatch • Undead Lumberjack|
|Tomes||Agility tome • Firemaking tome • Fishing tome • Mining tome • Slayer tome • Thieving tome • Woodcutting tome|