|Release date||6 June 2012 (Update)|
|High Alch||270,000 coins|
|Low Alch||180,000 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Exchange price||1,823,783 coins (info)|
|Examine||A mask that lets you fish for compliments.|
The Fish mask is a rare reward from the Squeal of Fortune and originally appeared as an uncommon reward from the Squeal of Neptune. It was the first tradable cosmetic item to be added to the Squeal of Fortune. It does not require any stats to wield and is purely decorative. When wearing this mask and fishing, fish will occasionally give the player compliments. Players receive no fishing benefits from this mask, however, as it is solely cosmetic.
Right-clicking the mask and selecting "Bubbles" allows the player to blow bubbles from the mask for 2 seconds.
As with all tradeable rares, there is a cap of buying 2 masks every 4 hours on the Grand Exchange.
A player wearing a fish mask
|[view] • [talk]|
These are some of the compliments that the fish give you while fishing with a fish mask on. The compliments appear as chat above the fishing spot; other players are able to see this chat as well.
_____ is your character's name.
- _____ casts his net widely.
- _____ makes me laugh.
- _____ makes me smile.
- _____, have you been working out?
- _____... I'm hooked on you.
- _____... You are my inspiration.
- _____... You're an angler extraordinaire!
- _____, has a nice smile
- _____, is that a new perfume?
- Wow, _____, you have some mad skills.
- Have you had a haircut, _____? (next line) It suits you.
- Do you come here often, _____?
- I love what you're wearing, _____.
- Looking good, _____!
- Nice cast, _____.
- Nobody fishes like you do, _____.
- Ooh, good catch, _____!
- What beautiful eyes _____ has.
- You most certainly are a good fisher, _____.
- What would I do without you, _____?
- You cast a mean hook, _____.
- You rock my world, _____.
- You've done this before, haven't you, _____?
- You've got the best fish, ______.
- You're gonna need a bigger inventory, ______
- When worn, the mouth is open, but when talking with the mask, the mouth moves in the chathead, in a similar fashion to the camel mask.
- The bubble blowing emote is one of the few emotes that can be used while the character is walking or running, the others being the use of a Bubble maker, the yawn emote, Confetti and when ringing a Slayer Bell. However, the emote can also be used while performing other tasks such as teleporting, offering at a POH altar, fishing, cooking, etc.
- Players could also blow bubbles while resting; however, the bubbles remained in the same spot as if the player were standing. This feature is no longer available, but a similar way you could do this is when you teleport and blow the bubbles making the bubbles come out as if you were standing.
- Although the mask is a Free-to-Play item, winning it on a Free-to-Play server will give the message "This is a member's item. Subscribe to claim it!". The item can still be claimed normally, however. This may be a glitch.