|Release date||18 October 2006 (Update)|
|High Alch||59,400 coins|
|Low Alch||39,600 coins|
|Store price|| 99,000 coins|
|Examine||The cape worn by master firelighters.|
A Firemaking cape is the Cape of Accomplishment for the Firemaking skill. It can be purchased for 99,000 coins alongside the Firemaking hood from Ignatius Vulcan at Seers' Village by players who have achieved skill mastery (level 99) in Firemaking. Firemaking capes are orange in colour and have a golden trim if the character has more than one level 99 skill.
Firemaking is a relatively fast skill to master. Following the release of bonfires, most clicking elements of the skill has been omitted, and thus the cape can be achieved with very little commitment. Due to this, the number of players who have gained the cape have grown considerable. The Firemaking cape is currently the 10th rarest level 99 cape. Firemaking can cost very little to quite a lot depending on the method used, so it may be seen as a very moderate sign of wealth.
The cape has an emote, lasting 3.95 seconds, during which the player holds a ball of flame and moves it around. The Firemaking cape must be equipped in order to perform this emote.
Should a player achieve a second skill mastery after Firemaking, the Firemaking cape will become a Firemaking cape (t). The trimmed version has a orange trim and adds a +2 Prayer bonus to the cape's original stats. If 99 Firemaking is achieved after a previous level 99, then the cape received will automatically be the Firemaking cape (t).
A player wearing an untrimmed firemaking cape
A player wearing a trimmed firemaking cape
|[view] • [talk]|
- The Firemaking cape's trim appears to be thinner than other skill capes' trims, because the outer trim is the same colour as the cape itself.
- The Firemaking cape's emote is often used in roleplaying, players sit around the player and he/she does the emote over and over while the players chat.
- In Mid or higher graphic options, the Firemaking cape's emote shows a player forms a ball of flame on the left hand and pass it to the other hand with black smokes form. Whereas with Min or Low graphic options, the emote is much alike, just without the heavy smokes formed.
- Ignatius Vulcan is the only NPC who has his cape trimmed (aside from Ajjat and Thurgo; the latter does not have the proper trim colour). This is most likely because he has another skill at level 99, most likely Woodcutting, due to Firemaking requiring logs.
- The Firemaking cape can be bought either by talking to Ignatius Vulcan, or by purchasing it from his shop, Ignatius's Hot Deals.
- It has been proven that a player will have to click over 95,000 times to achieve 99 Firemaking (from 1), regardless of what method he or she may use. This is excluding the use of any lamps or other experience items from level 1 to level 99. This has changed, with the update of Bonfires. Players are now able to achieve 99 Firemaking with little clicking required.
- When dropped, the Firemaking skillcape's trim appears to be striped. When worn on male players, it seems to be shorter in length while the Firemaking symbol is higher on males and lower on females; the same goes with any other skillcape. However, as of 21 September 2010, the skillcapes have been made much longer for both male and female.
- The trim on the Firemaking cape is the same trim as on the Fishing,Fletching,Smithing and Crafting cape.
- The Firemaking skill icon on the skillcape resembles the shape of the Hunter cape icon in terms of shape but not colour.
|Capes of Accomplishment(m)||
Agility • Attack • Constitution • Construction • Cooking • Crafting • Defence • Dungeoneering (Master) • Farming • Firemaking • Fishing • Fletching • Herblore • Hunter • Magic • Mining • Prayer • Ranging • Runecrafting • Slayer • Smithing • Strength • Summoning • Thieving • Woodcutting • Quest point
|Capes of Distinction(m)|
Ardougne cloak(1)(2)(3)(4) • Fremennik cloak • Ghostly cloak • H.a.m. cloak • Warlock cloak • Witch cloak • Web cloak • Mourner cloak • Saradomin cloak • Zamorak cloak • Guthix cloak • Armadyl cloak • Bandos cloak • Ancient cloak • Clan cloak • Hati cloak • Hallowed cloak • Unhallowed cloak
|Non-combat, quest- and minigame-related capes|