|Release||18 October 2006 (Update)|
|High alch||59,400 coins|
|Low alch||39,600 coins|
|Examine||The cape worn by master firelighters.|
The Firemaking cape is the Cape of Accomplishment for the Firemaking skill. It can be purchased for 99,000 coins along with the Firemaking hood from Ignatius Vulcan south of Seers' Village by players who have achieved level 99 in Firemaking. Firemaking capes are orange in colour and have a golden trim if the character has more than one level 99 skill.
Firemaking is a relatively fast skill to master. Following the release of bonfires, most clicking elements of the skill have been omitted, and thus the cape can be achieved with very little commitment. Due to this, the number of players who have attained the cape has grown considerably. The Firemaking cape is currently the 9th most common level 99 cape. Firemaking can cost very little to a lot depending on the method and materials used by a player, making the cape a sign of moderate wealth.
The cape has an emote lasting 3.95 seconds during which the player holds a ball of flame and moves it around. The Firemaking cape must be equipped in order to perform this emote.
Should a player achieve a second skill mastery after Firemaking, the Firemaking cape will become a Firemaking cape (t). The trimmed version has an orange trim and adds a +2 Prayer bonus to the cape's original stats. If 99 Firemaking is achieved after a previous level 99, then the Firemaking cape will automatically be trimmed when purchased.
Talking to Ignatius Vulcan gives an option to toggle the appearance of the cape to a retro version, overriding the normal appearance and making it look similar to how it did before the 2015 graphical update. Despite it not being a new item, the retro cape can be used with a dragon keepsake key.
|Accuracy||-||-||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|[FAQ] • [doc]|
Up to three perks of the capes of accomplishment can be added to the max cape, the completionist cape, and the trimmed completionist cape. This can be done by using a cape of accomplishment with the desired perk on one of the three capes, and the cape of accomplishment is then lost in the process. To make space for other perks, it is possible to later remove the added perks, but with no reimbursement. All of the added perks are shared among those three capes, thus it is not possible to have different configurations of perks on the different capes.
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
|Ignatius's Hot Deals||Northeast of the Sorcerer's Tower||99,000||Coins||∞||Yes|
- Currently, 197,055 people are able to own this cape (as seen on the highscores).
- The Firemaking cape's trim appears to be thinner than other skill capes' trims, because the outer trim is the same colour as the cape itself.
- With particles set to low in the graphics settings, the fireball produced in the Firemaking cape emote will not have any smoke or excess flames around it.
- Ignatius Vulcan is one of two NPC's to have their cape trimmed (the other being Ajjat). This is possibly because he has another skill at level 99, most likely Woodcutting, due to Firemaking requiring logs.