Fire giants reside in many places, the most common ones are the Waterfall Dungeon, Chaos Tunnels, Brimhaven Dungeon, and Smoke Dungeon. The most accessible place to melee, range or mage them is the Waterfall Dungeon, where you can choose from three areas: the right half, the left half or the Baxtorian Falls resource dungeon. The right half is more profitable for meleers as there are more fire giant spawns in the room. The left half has more safespots, making it an ideal place for rangers and magers. The resource dungeon has more spawns than either of the other two and also has safespots, but 35 Dungeoneering is required to access it. Remember to bring Glarial's amulet and a rope with you to the Waterfall Dungeon.
Fire giants in the Chaos Tunnels, Brimhaven Dungeon and Smoke Dungeon are all further from a bank and are more difficult to get to.
- Helm: Full slayer helmet/Black mask (on task) > Superior Tetsu Helm > Tetsu Helm > Bandos Helmet > Torva full helm > Helm of neitiznot > Dragon full helm > Dragon helm > Rune full helm
- Torso: Torva platebody > Bandos chestplate > Fighter Torso > Torag's platebody > Dragon chainbody/Corrupt dragon chainbody > Granite body > Rune chainbody
- Legs: Torva platelegs > Bandos tassets > Torag's platelegs > Dragon platelegs/Dragon plateskirt > Granite legs > Rune platelegs/Rune plateskirt
- Weapon: Chaotic Rapier > Saradomin godsword > AGS > ZGS > BGS > Abyssal whip > Dragon halberd/Dragon 2h Sword > Dragon scimitar > Rune longsword > Rune scimitar
- Offhand (with one-handed weapon): Off-hand Chaotic Rapier/Longsword > Enhanced excalibur > Elysian spirit shield > Divine spirit shield > Blessed spirit shield > Dragonfire shield > Dragon defender > Rune defender > Rune sq shield > Rune kiteshield
- Boots: Steadfast boots > Bandos boots > Dragon boots > Rune boots
- Cape: Completionist cape > Max cape > TokHaar-Kal > Fire cape > Skill cape
- Gloves: Goliath gloves > Swift gloves > Culinaromancer's gloves 10
- Aura: Vampyrism
- Ring: Sixth-Age circuit > Ring of wealth > Ring of life
- 5-7 pieces of medium/high level food
- 2 Prayer potions if necessary
- Attack, strength, and defence potion boosts
- Emergency teleport
- BoB pouch and healing scrolls
- Rope and Glarial's amulet for the Waterfall Dungeon
- Dragonfire shield and dragonfire potions for the Chaos Tunnels
With a Saradomin godsword or one-handed slashing weapon and a shield, a player can stay for long periods of time using the saradomin godsword's passive healing ability or shield healing abilities such as Resonance and Rejuvenate. If using a two-handed weapon, multi-target abilities such as Cleave (Basic), Quake (threshold) and Hurricane (threshold) can deal high amounts of damage to surrounding fire giants. When using these abilities and having auto-retaliate on, players can finish their slayer tasks quickly. It is advised not to use a shield for the whole time, as the dps will significantly decrease. For medium-high leveled players, it is advised to 2h or duel wield.
Players with very high attack (85+) will not need to use any Attack boosting potions or prayers. Almost every hit will land and it would be a waste to do so.
- Helm: Full slayer helmet/Focus sight (on task) > Helm of neitiznot
- Body: Pernix body > Armadyl chestplate > Royal d'hide body > Black d'hide body
- Legs: Pernix chaps > Armadyl chainskirt > Royal d'hide chaps > Black d'hide chaps
- Cape: Ava's device > Completionist cape
- Boots: Glaiven boots > Ranger boots > Snakeskin boots
- Weapon: Iron knive > Bronze knive
- Offhand: Unholy book
- Ring: Ring of wealth > Ring of life
Fire giants drop a variety of valuable items that might be worth picking up:
- Rune scimitar
- Fire battlestaff
- Blood runes, Chaos runes, Nature runes, Law runes, Death runes, Fire runes
- Rune battleaxe
- Rune 2h sword
- Uncut gems, Uncut ruby and higher recommended; bring an empty Gem bag for saving inventory spaces.
- Steel arrow and Rune arrow drops
- Clue scroll (medium)
- Starved ancient effigy
- Dragon Spear
Bringing runes for several casts of High Level Alchemy can be useful to save inventory space.
- Always keep in mind that the fire giants are aggressive towards the player for a limited time (10–15 minutes), so you will need some food if you are a ranger or mage.
- If you're fighting Fire Giants in the Brimhaven dungeon you may find it useful to store a hatchet in your toolbelt to save an inventory slot.